Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,795 members, 7,827,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Is A Nigerian Stock Exchange License Necessary? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Is A Nigerian Stock Exchange License Necessary? (756 Views)

Website For Analysing The Nigerian Stock Market? / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange / Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is A Nigerian Stock Exchange License Necessary? by dominics: 1:10pm On Aug 26, 2009
My friend plans to come to America and sell some of his stock purchased at the NSE a few months ago.  He was told he needs a Nigerian Stock Exchange License to trade or sell in the US.  He says this is a new requirement because of the change in the Central Bank Govenor.  I am hoping someone familiar with this can verify the information given him.  He's told he need $850 for the license, and he is asking me for help with that.  I think it sounds odd.  He was charged $650 for 2 stamps of authentification - supposedly one needed for Nigeria, the other needed in the US.  So why the license too?

Also, does he need this "license" to sell or trade in Nigeria?  Can that be true?  Isn't that the roll of the broker?  Why would he need this?  Please, if you have an insight into this I would so appreciate the advice.  Clearly, I don't think he's being given good advice, but I'm not sure.

Thank you
Re: Is A Nigerian Stock Exchange License Necessary? by Seun(m): 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2009
I call bullshit. Too bad he already took your $650.
Re: Is A Nigerian Stock Exchange License Necessary? by dominics: 6:35pm On Aug 26, 2009
Im wondering that too, are you in the stock business, or just an investor?

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

FRDM- This Stock Is Hot Right Now, To Make 200% Gain In Some Weeks / N15m Share Scam: Nollywood Actor, Jim Iyke Loses Bid To Stop Trial / IFC To Float N8bn Bonds In Nigeria, Lists On NSE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.