Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production (9507 Views)

Militants Blow Up 2 More Oil Facilities In Delta / The Best Way To Know If SW Has More Oil Than SE As SW Claims Is To Do These / No Data Shows Kaduna Has Gold More Than South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 07, 2016
Source:http://oilrevenueng.org/oil-producing-states-3/
South South produce 94%, South west 4% and South East 2% of Nigeria oil.

Akwa ibom is the highest oil producing state in Nigeria
Rivers state,Bayelsa and Delta State produce almost the same amount.
Ondo is fifth, Edo sixth, Imo 7th and Abia 8th.

Currently lagos has join. But not yet exporting enough quantity. currently, lagos
export around 5000 barrel per day.

Anambra is hoping to join. But the dispute about the ownership of the reservoir between Anambra, kogi and Enugu state
is preventing development. However, Anambra have some undeveloped gas reservoirs.

Cross river is no more oil producing. Most of cross river oil production was from bakassi. Since Nigeria have seceded bakassi to Cameroon,
bakassi oil now belong to Cameroon govt. Also Akwa Ibom collected some wells that was initially given to cross river.

Benue state have gas, but not yet in a "commercial quantity". More exploration needed in Benue.

In North East Chad basin, most geologist believe there is gas not oil. And it might not be in commercial quantity. However recent seismic result shows there may be more hydrocarbon in North east that initially thought. However we cant call it a discovery in technical sense because no well have been drilled to prove it.

It is possible there is oil in other states in Nigeria. However since oil was discovered in commercial quantity in south south, oil companies focus their attention on south south region because they are more sure of hitting oil/gas in commercial quantity. Exploration is very expensive with a very low probability of success of around 10%. Exploration cost millions of dollars.

However, as a south south son, I strongly believe it is unfair for the whole country to depend only on south south .
I believe the North must produce more food and meat to justify their share of the oil revenue. Or the North must do more commercial mining.
I believe south east must produce (not import) more goods locally with their brain to justify their share of the oil money from south south.
I believe the south west must produce more cocoa and create more corporations to justify their share of south south oil money.

5 Likes

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by frehage: 11:42am On Jun 07, 2016
Is oil the only natural resource in Nigeria?

Why this fixation on only one?

4 Likes

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by SuperS1Panther: 11:48am On Jun 07, 2016
This is no more news now.

One thing I love about the blessed land of Oduduwa is that it has a bit of every resources.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by magaliyu(f): 11:50am On Jun 07, 2016
And now oil is discovered in Borno Chad basin, north east is third.

1 Like

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by Rose2014: 11:54am On Jun 07, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
This is no more news now.

One thing I love about the blessed land of Oduduwa is that it has a bit of every resources.

So why are Yorubas so insecure and unsettled now that Nigerdelta want their oil back?
Yeye de smell

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by Rose2014: 11:55am On Jun 07, 2016
magaliyu:
And now oil is discovered in Borno Chad basin, north east is third.

Yet you're the most scared to stay alone
Fighting daily opening all kinds of senseless threads for one naijeriya

I don't understand grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by MXrep: 11:57am On Jun 07, 2016
Oil producing part of ondo state is Ijaw land while oil producing part of rivers in igboland. secondly, oil producing is different from availability of oil, FG decides where to explore and you know their fear of siting critical national assets in the east for fear of secession

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by Rose2014: 11:59am On Jun 07, 2016
Their Divide n rule is over. Now they're bragging about oil

Yet on other threads, they'll say we don't need oil again because they're diversifying the economy grin

My sophisticated brothers and insecurity grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by SuperS1Panther: 11:59am On Jun 07, 2016
Rose2014:

So why are Yorubas so insecure and unsettled now that Nigerdelta want their oil back? cheesy
Yeye de smell

Insecure? Misuse of word.

We enjoy taunting ipods and wailers.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by SuperS1Panther: 12:00pm On Jun 07, 2016
MXrep:
Oil producing part of ondo state is Ijaw land while oil producing part of rivers in igboland. secondly, oil producing is different from availability of oil, FG decides where to explore and you know their fear of siting critical national assets in the east for fear of secession

Lol. Another lie from wailers.

Igbokoda sounds Ijaw-like abi?

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by Rose2014: 12:02pm On Jun 07, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Insecure? Misuse of word.

We enjoy taunting ipods and wailers.

You can't even imagine a life without the 5% you hate so much. That's insecurity at it's peak
Can't stop chuckling at this thread grin

3 Likes

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by TippyTop(m): 12:06pm On Jun 07, 2016
We the SS produce 94% and are not bragging about it, what's the essence of this thread?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by Blizzy9ja: 12:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
Noted...
Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by overall90: 12:11pm On Jun 07, 2016
who are the people that produced these reports.

the same people who don't want igbos to be associated with anything oil.
the same people who carved out all the oil producing communities and joined to them to Rivers,Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa around the seventies before oil was discovered in the remaining igbo territories.
the same people who encouraged the igbos in those areas to deny their igbo roots
the same people who don't want anything good to happen in the southeast.

Imo state alone have always had oil in the two senatorial districts of Orlu and Owerri but as of today oil is being discovered in Ngor Okpala down to Obowo in spite of little or no exploratory activities.

5 Likes

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by obailala(m): 12:17pm On Jun 07, 2016
Can we for once just act like we have no differences and live together as one especially in the southern axis?.... I can't imagine how great we can become if the south can for once just be united, even if it's just for a single day.

1 Like

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by Kingspin(m): 12:26pm On Jun 07, 2016
Is better Nigeria make use of the oil in Southwest alone since they have more oil. That will be a great idea to start agitation, otherwise, the North with their little education shouldn't outsmart the sophisticated region of Nigeria.
Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by Rose2014: 12:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
obailala:
Can we for once just act like we have no differences and live together as one especially in the southern axis?.... I can't imagine how great we can become if the south can for once just be united, even if it's just for a single day.

Unfortunately Not with the sophisticated backstabbers we have in the south
Trust them at your own risk
Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by Jakpon: 12:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Lol. Another lie from wailers.
Igbokoda sounds Ijaw-like abi?
Igbokoda belong to we Igbo's

5 Likes

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by victoriousme(m): 12:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
That means more oil for the South West to drink while the North eats their yam according to what our Northern elder said the other day.
Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by JaredNormak: 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2016
Today they're bragging of how they are the largest producers of crude oil in the he universe.

Tomorrow they will say Nigeria is moving away from oil Base economy that the foolish Niger Delta should drink their oil or bomb their region to smithereens.

What manner of hypocritical bigots are these

6 Likes

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 07, 2016
TippyTop:
We the SS produce 94% and are not bragging about it, what's the essence of this thread?

Just to spite on the Igbos.... it gives them maximum ejakulation. grin These nigas, (shake my head) them really pathetic nigas. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by Omenika: 12:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
obailala:

Eziokwu, you are right on this one.

I can't understand why the south cannot be one.
Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by masseratti: 12:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
MXrep:
let ilaje people catch you.

1 Like

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by obailala(m): 12:46pm On Jun 07, 2016
Rose2014:

Unfortunately Not with the sophisticated backstabbers we have in the south
Trust them at your own risk
EVERYONE is selfish when it comes to securing their own meal, NO ONE bothers to look out for the next person when it is time to grab certain benefits and I can assure you, EVERYONE (irrespective of tribe/ethnicity/region) is guilty of this. But then, there are some major common grounds where there needs to be no competition, and it is in these common grounds that unity in purpose can be used to accrue collective benefits.

Since we've all been hating ourselves, who the hate don hepp?... and then even young ones are happily carrying on this hate into the next generation all for some short term political benefits?.. We are supposed to be smarter than this, honestly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
JaredNormak:
Today they're bragging of how they are the largest producers of crude oil in the he universe.

Tomorrow they will say Nigeria is moving away from oil Base economy that the foolish Niger Delta should drink their oil or bomb their region to smithereens.

What manner of hypocritical bigots are these

Stop crying,the Op simply stated a fact that the SW is the 2nd highest crude oil producing region.He is simply giving out information,why are you so pained.......And its funny seeing JaredNomad call someone else a bigot....such irony on NL. grin grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
obailala:
EVERYONE is selfish when it comes to securing their own meal, NO ONE bothers to look out for the next person when it is time to grab certain benefits and I can assure you, EVERYONE (irrespective of tribe/ethnicity/region) is guilty of this. But then, there are some major common grounds where there needs to be no competition, and it is in these common grounds that unity in purpose can be used to accrue collective benefits.

Since we've all been hating ourselves, who the hate don hepp?... and then even young ones are happily carrying on this hate into the next generation all for some short term political benefits?.. We are supposed to be smarter than this, honestly.

I can never love a Nairaland Yolobar man. Chineke ekwela ivo ojo.... Nairaland Yolobas, men I don't know what to call 'em.
Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by Omonigeriarere: 12:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
Rose2014:

Yet you're the most scared to stay alone
Fighting daily opening all kinds of senseless threads for one naijeriya

I don't understand grin

Because we realized that Biafra is as useless as 'p' in 'psychology' if SS's oil is not involved.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by Henrydone: 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
Jakpon:
Igbokoda belong to we Igbo's
Can't stop laughing grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by Rose2014: 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

Because we realized that Biafra is as useless as 'p' in 'psychology' if SS's oil is not involved.
I understand your plight, believe me grin
You hate them so much and now they want to go, you realize how empty u are without them.

I get it bro grin

1 Like

Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
May Thunder fire biafra. Amen sad
Re: South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
blues20:

I can never love a Nairaland Yolobar man. Chineke ekwela ivo ojo.... Nairaland Yolobas, men I don't know what to call 'em.

The feeling is mutual grin ....you can only expect the worst behaviour from people on a faceless forum. Yeebos included.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I'm Disappointed In Buhari I Just Bought A Shoe With Made In Biafra In Kano-pics / Katsina Abduction: Shekau May Ask For Prisoner Swap, Ransom – Experts / Who Is Older Between Atiku And Tinubu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.