Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,359 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu (1042 Views)

Niger Delta Avengers Refuse Dialogue With FG / Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets / Buhari To Implement Yar’adua’s Agreement With Niger-Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu by luckynzo(m): 12:52pm On Jun 07, 2016
Nigeria will start a dialogue with the Niger Delta Avengers militant group which has been claiming a string of attacks, its oil minister said.

President Muhammadu Buhari had appointed a team led by the national security advisor “to begin the process of a very intensive dialogue with those caught in the middle of this,” Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu said late on Monday.
“We are making contacts with everybody who is involved, the ones that we can identify, through them, the ones that we can’t identify so that there is a lot more inclusiveness in this dialogue,” he said. “Our prayer is that this works so that we resort to dialogue rather than use of force.”
Kachikwu said the military would scale back its campaign to hunt down the militants in the southern region, which produces much of Nigeria’s oil output.
There was no immediate response from the Avengers group which has been issuing statements through its Twitter account.
He also said the country’s oil output was between 1.5 million and 1.6 million barrels a day, down from 2.2 million barrels at the start of the year.
“Over the last two months, we have probably lost about 600,000 barrels from various attacks of militants in the area,” he said.

https://businessdayonline.com/2016/06/nigeria-to-start-dialogue-with-niger-delta-militants-kachikwu/
Re: Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu by luckynzo(m): 12:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
Let's hope this yields positive results as it'sthe masses that are feeling the bite.
Re: Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
That is why Bubu, GEJ and Bruce and other elites all travelled overnite to UK to meet with the Avengers
Re: Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu by lokito: 12:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
It's a good development and we, the stoical sufferers of this polemical situation support dialogue.
Re: Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu by chriskosherbal(m): 12:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
Dialogue is always the key.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu by Militant1: 12:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
Everytime is dialogue. We are tired of the failed promises given and cancelled by both this administration and previous ones. Is it too mich to ask for clean water, free education, good jobs, eletricity, roads and other infrastructure for a region this feeds the entire nation. The can dialogue free here to the nearest star and back. If the basic needs of the Niger Delta people are not met, next year we will have another group cropping its head up again. It behooves on GMB to ensure that this is done.
Re: Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu by snezBaba: 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2016
This oil stuff is more like a curse my people. crycant stop imagining if this thing was in muslin.
Re: Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu by SWG25: 1:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
Just grant the Niger Delta states resource control. All these negotiations are useless.

By the way, why are Nigerians afraid of resource control?
Re: Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu by jovialSoul001(m): 1:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
hmmmmm.how does that help my low GP in skool sad
Re: Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu by cjrane: 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2016
So Buhari has run out of bullets and bombs to crush Nigerians who disagree with his sectional oppression of parts of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu by luckynzo(m): 1:37pm On Jun 07, 2016
Militant1:
Everytime is dialogue. We are tired of the failed promises given and cancelled by both this administration and previous ones. Is it too mich to ask for clean water, free education, good jobs, eletricity, roads and other infrastructure for a region this feeds the entire nation. The can dialogue free here to the nearest star and back. If the basic needs of the Niger Delta people are not met, next year we will have another group cropping its head up again. It behooves on GMB to ensure that this is done.

Let's pray the Federal Government is serious about this. Development for the region should top the list of demands by the NDA.
Re: Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu by Stoical: 7:55pm On Jun 15, 2016
lokito:
It's a good development and we, the stoical sufferers of this polemical situation support dialogue.
I am not suffering anything
Re: Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu by lokito: 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
Stoical:

I am not suffering anything

Lol. You're such a risible fellow
Re: Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu by sleekbae: 8:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
oo
Re: Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu by youngeagle(m): 9:01pm On Jun 15, 2016
Peace is paramount...no gain in destroying what we all will help build.
Re: Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu by lincolnj88: 10:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
grin new deaf and dumb sheriffool without cert is in town... no need to negotiate we have crude oil in ondo and lagos
Re: Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu by Boss13: 10:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
I have to be honest and be clear with my opinion on this. Despite my huge respect for government's decision to engage in negotiations with this militants or I prefer to called them "Economic Terrorists", I don't not support the negotiations.

My reasons are very clear. We are dealing with sophisticated criminals and not freedom fighters. These frequent negotiations only continue to legalize criminality within the Niger Delta and jeopardize governments effort.

I believe government has been extremely generous with the Niger Deltans. These criminals have been granted amnesty and are being paid monthly stipends for doing nothing despite the training program being undertaken by the militants. These criminals have refused to be productive and help grow our country but engage in illegalities and destroy infrastructures.

Negotiations will only buy transient peace and after these criminal elements are bored or broke, they will continue again. We cannot continue to tolerate criminality and illegality in the country.

The government must learn from "Escobar and the Extradites" and Columbia on how tolerating and negotiating with criminals could have a negative impact on a country. Foreign countries who are pressuring the government to negotiate will never negotiate with criminals on their soil.

These criminal elements are requesting outrageous conditions and making the government ineptitude. However, my advice to government is to continue with the negotiations since government has agreed to it, but outrageous demands must not be agreed. Also, government must invest in technology during the transient peace period that would follow the negotiations, to monitor and police the Niger Delta region and likewise, track down criminals within the creeks.
Re: Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu by Boss13: 10:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
luckynzo:

Let's pray the Federal Government is serious about this. Development for the region should top the list of demands by the NDA.

Do you think these criminals actually want development? Have you seen the conditions they are demanding for? This is an avenue to cash in on criminality.

Development indeed!
Re: Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu by Stoical: 9:06am On Jun 16, 2016
lokito:

Lol. You're such a risible fellow
Maybe, but not in a silly way...winks

(1) (Reply)

See The Newly Built Bus Park At Iyana Oworo By Lagos State Government (photos) / A Day Under Pmb’s Leadership Is Like A Year In Hell Fire- Dr J.Danfulani / Buhari Land In Edo State For APC Rally (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.