Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure (2166 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Commends Buhari, Fashola Over Power Supply. Nigerians React / Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up / Omojuwa Called Jonathan A Disaster, And Got This Reply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by tbaba1234: 1:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) has commended the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari for showing political will by starting the Ogoniland, as recommended by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).

The group, which lists the clean-up of Ogoniland as one of the reasons for its agitation, said successive governments-civilian and military-as well as international oil companies have done little to protect and sustain the environment since oil was discovered in the region.
MEND's position was contained in a statement made available to SaharaReporters.

The group was particularly critical of former President Goodluck Jonathan, a Niger Delta indigene, whom it branded a spectacular failure over his handling of the region's numerous environmental challenges.

"It is in the light of this premise, but particularly because of the colossal failure of former President Goodluck Jonathan-an indigene of the region who was at the helm for six (6) years - to address the remediation of our environment, that the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), for and on behalf of the good people of the region, sincerely and warmly commend President Muhammadu Buhari for his political will and sagacity in tackling the vexed issue of the clean-up of Ogoniland with the June 2, 2016 launch and implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), one of the cornerstones of our agitation over the years," the group said.

MEND also expressed concern over the resurgence of attacks on oil installations by the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA), many of whom, it said, were its commanders and fighters, who benefitted from the Presidential Amnesty Programme. It expressed disappointment that the region's leaders have been reticent in the face of the renewed violence.

"What is more worrisome to us is the ungodly conspiracy of silence of the region's elite and their tacit support of the NDA's conduct under the pretext of a so-called 'Niger Delta struggle,' which went to sleep in luxury hotel suites in Abuja and around the world for the entire duration of the six years of Mr. Jonathan's binge and unmitigated disaster as President," said MEND.

The group, however, expressed displeasure with what it considers the "disproportionate use of force" by the military in the offensive against the militants. This, MEND reckons, will be attended by collateral damage to the political, social and economic lives of the ordinary people, especially in the Ijaw communities. It also called on the international community and the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) to urgently provide for relief materials to the region.

"While we commiserate with the affected persons, families and communities, we seize this opportunity to call on the international community as well as the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) to dispatch relief materials to the region, as a matter of utmost priority.

"However, we hereby remind our communities who harbour criminals such as members of the NDA that their communities are not protected by the extant principles of international and/or municipal law during a conflict; even as we urge the Nigerian military high command to stick to the rules of engagement and international best practices," warned MEND.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/07/ogoni-clean-mend-commends-buhari-brands-jonathan-spectacular-failure

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by frehage: 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2016
Ok
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by jovialSoul001(m): 1:51pm On Jun 07, 2016
I want to eat food
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by reverendfather: 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2016
all hail buhari

4 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
Yet, the SE is supporting a man his people called a spectacular failure.

9 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Yet, the SE is supporting a man his people called a spectacular failure.
You don't get the point yet. There was no reason to support Buhari. None. Maybe you can help me. Why should the SE had supported Buhari?

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
Reyginus:
You don't get the point yet. There was no reason to support Buhari. None. Maybe you can help me. Why should the SE had supported Buhari?
cos a drunkard failed them.

abi, did he do well for the igbos?

10 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 07, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
cos a drunkard failed them.

abi, did he do well for the igbos?
No, he didn't do well for Igbo's. Shouldn't Buhari be elected for his qualities, achievements and relationship to Igbos rather than the failure of GEJ?

2 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
Reyginus:
No, he didn't do well for Igbo's. Shouldn't Buhari be elected for his qualities, achievements and relationship to Igbos rather than the failure of GEJ?
you agreed he didn't do well for the igbos but still proud that you stuck with someone that failed you big time, all because buhari didn't have any relationship with the igbos. What relationship was he suppose to have? Marry igbo wives?

12 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 07, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
you agreed he didn't do well for the igbos but still proud that you stuck with someone that failed you big time, all because buhari didn't have any relationship with the igbos. What relationship was he suppose to have? Marry igbo wives?
You are missing it. On what basis should Igbos have voted for Buhari? When people make this argument it's always obvious they are not being fair or logical with the decision of Igbos.

In 2007, he lost an election, his utterances led to the killing of some Igbo's in Northern Nigeria.

In 2011, he lost an election, his utterances spurred the Killing of some Igbo's and corpers in Northern Nigeria.

I was happy he won in 2015, not because of any special likeness, but because of the blood of dogs and baboons that would have been shed if he had lost the election.

In 1983, he overthrew a democratically elected government, placed the Igbo Alex Ekwueme in Prison but spared Shagari the President in a house arrest. Even the Judge said Ekwueme came out of govt poorer.

So, tell me, why would you choose a man who's directly harmed you and your kin ( and boasted about it–The Biafra War) over one who has not done so? Isn't their decision Logical enough?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
Reyginus:
You are missing it. On what basis should Igbos have voted for Buhari?

In 2007, he lost an election, his utterances led to the killing of some Igbo's in Northern Nigeria.

In 2011, he lost an election, his utterances spurred the Killing of some Igbo's and corpers in Northern Nigeria.

I was happy he won in 2015, not because of any special likeness, but because of the blood of dogs and baboons that would have been shed if he had lost the election.

In 1983, he overthrew a democratically elected government, placed the Igbo Alex Ekwueme in Prison but spared Shagari the President in a house arrest. Even the Judge said Ekwueme came out of govt poorer.

So, tell me, why would choose a man who's directly harmed you and your kin(The Biafra War) over one who has not done so? Isn't their decision Logical enough?
except you want me to see them as mere gossip, pls provide a link to all the gibberish you wrote up there.

6 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
except you want me to see them as mere gossip, pls provide a link to all the gibberish you wrote up there.
Lol. I should provide a link to Public Knowledge? No, I don't have the strength to waste.

2 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. I should provide a link to Public Knowledge? No, I don't have the strength to waste.
pubkic knowledge my foot.

Was it not a same public knowledge that stated that buhari said he will make Nigeria ungovernable for GEJ? Didnt the public knowledge get debunked later ?

provide a link to your hogwash.

8 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
pubkic knowledge my foot.

Was it not a same public knowledge that stated that buhari said he will make Nigeria ungovernable for GEJ? Didnt the public knowledge get debunked later ?

provide a link to your hogwash.
Lol. Anyone who doesn't know this is living under a rock. We all know why the 2015 election was hot. Any Nigerian who doesn't know this shouldn't be discussing Politics .
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2016
Ouchhh!!!

"It is in the light of this premise, but particularly because of the colossal failure of former President Goodluck Jonathan-an indigene of the region who was at the helm for six (6) years - to address the remediation of our environment."

If GEJ cleaned Ogoni as he cleaned our Foreign Reserves, this country would have had more peace.

8 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by 989900: 3:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
Fantastically corrupt.

Spectacular failure.

Ineffectual buffoon.

Next . . .

mmmhhh undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by druboon404: 3:18pm On Jun 07, 2016
I voted for Buhari a fulani man, I can't remember voting
for merlin or a miracle worker. So I never expected
Merlin's magic or miracles to happen, I voted for change
and not magic.16 years misrule can not be repaired in 1
year so Nigerians let's be patient.......
#IStandWithBuhari#
let the haters and Wailers continue wailing pdp 16 yrs of
looting and misrule they are looking for APC magician to
fix it in a year. Yeye.

3 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. Anyone who doesn't know this is living under a rock. We all know why the 2015 election was hot. Any Nigerian who doesn't know this shouldn't be discussing Politics .

There are misconceptions that people see as facts. For instance, President Buhari did not plot or carry out a coup. It was after the coup, those who planned it invited him to become head of state.

“Buhari did not overthrow my government, its was when those boys that overthrew our government were looking for someone with integrity, honesty and fairness to be the head of their government that was when Major Gen. Muhammadu Buhari’s name came in”.. . Shagari.

http://www..com/talk/topic,251602.0.html

3 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

There are misconceptions that people see as facts. For instance, President Buhari did not plot or carry out a coup. It was after the coup, those who planned it invited him to become head of state.

“Buhari did not overthrow my government, its was when those boys that overthrew our government were looking for someone with integrity, honesty and fairness to be the head of their government that was when Major Gen. Muhammadu Buhari’s name came in”.. . Shagari.

http://www..com/talk/topic,251602.0.html
Wow! Corrupt men were looking for a man of Integrity and had to pick Buhari because he has integrity?

But then when you consider the fact that Buhari was being probed for the 2.8 billion oil scam by the same Shagari you see every reason why Buhari was behind the coup.

Buhari didn't overthrow but he had everybody who carried out the coup on his side. From Idiagbon to Abacha to IBB. What a Miracle! Maybe these men also hated power.

Oh! I get. Their morality told them to respect ranks. And now I remember Gowon. I think Buhari was party to every plan leading to the overthrow. You know nothing about a coup but you were installed HoS. Wow!
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Wow! Corrupt men were looking for a man of Integrity and had to pick Buhari because he had integrity?

But then when you consider the fact that Buhari was being probed for the 2.8 billion oil scam by the same Shagari you see every reason why Buhari was behind the coup.

Buhari didn't overthrow but he had everybody who carried out the coup on his side. From Idiagbon to Abacha to IBB. What a Miracle! Maybe these men also hated power.

Oh! I get. Their morality told them to respect ranks. And now I remember Gowon. I think Buhari was party to every plan leading to the overthrow. You know nothing about a coup but you were installed HoS. Wow!

You are free to run with assumptions and believe in lies. You do not know more than Shagari. It was his government overthrown. He knows those behind it and he says President Buhari was not among them.

Does that mean overthrowing Shagari’s government was IBB’s idea?

It was the idea of late Gen. Bako and IBB. Buhari was only brought in because they needed a face with integrity... Col. Tony Nyiam, who was part of the failed attempt to oust the Gen. Ibrahim Babangida’s military government in 1990.
https://www.naij.com/44942.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You are free to run with assumptions and believe in lies. You do not know more than Shagari. It was his government overthrown. He knows those behind it and he says President Buhari was not among them.

Does that mean overthrowing Shagari’s government was IBB’s idea?

It was the idea of late Gen. Bako and IBB. Buhari was only brought in because they needed a face with integrity... Col. Tony Nyiam, who was part of the failed attempt to oust the Gen. Ibrahim Babangida’s military government in 1990.
https://www.naij.com/44942.html
Lol. You want me to buy this story of 'needed a face with integrity'? Can an evil man/evil men ever appoint a man of integrity knowing so well the man of Integrity knows he's/they're evil? Okay let's see how it goes.

Now tell me, when Buhari was brought in was he told of the impeding coup or the coup had happened before he was informed of his new role?
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. You want me to buy this story of 'needed a face with integrity'? Can a evil ever appoint a man of integrity knowing so well the man of Integrity knows he's evil? Okay let's see how it goes.

Now tell me, when Buhari was brought in was he told of the impeding coup or the coup had happened before he was informed of his new role?

You can read his statement about it. It was not President Buhari's idea. He was not part of the plan and he was not among those who participated in it.

It is as simple as that.

Or you want to argue with a Colonel too?

2 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You can read his statement about it. It was not President Buhari's idea. He was not part of the plan and he was not among those who participated in it.

It is as simple as that.

Or you want to argue with a Colonel too?
It was not his plan but he bought the plan? Didn't he?
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:17pm On Jun 07, 2016
Reyginus:
It was not his plan but he bought the plan? Didn't he?

How can he buy the plan when he was not part of it?

The truth is that President Buhari was not part of those who committed the coup. If the planners were captured earlier, President Buhari would not be part of it. Just as he was never part of any coup.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by mrnigerdelta: 4:20pm On Jun 07, 2016
most of d comments i find here are very childish & hyoocritic. nigeria is a fraud, we all know it yet pretend about it
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The truth is that President Buhari was not part of those who committed the coup. If the planners were captured earlier, President Buhari would not be part of it. Just as he was never part of any coup.
Lolololololol. What is this? Lol. He's not part of it but he accepted his waiting Head of State status? Lol.

Dude, you are not talking with a two year old. Even a two year would be puzzled. Think through your comments again.

So a group of guys plan to steal and they come forward and tell you you'd be given the largest portion of the loot. After deliberations you accepted.

They go ahead and steal and y'all share the booty but you're not part of the plan? Lol. We don't think in megabytes here, bro.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by BossKratos: 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2016
grin
bloodyBLOGGER:

Which links?

The guy go cut out be that oh!

3 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Lolololololol. What is this? Lol. He's not part of it but he accepted his waiting Head of State status? Lol.

Dude, you are not talking with a two year old. Even a two year would be puzzled. Think through your comments again.

So a group of guys plan to steal and they come forward and tell you you'd be given the largest portion of the loot. After deliberations you accepted.

They go ahead and steal and y'all share the booty but you're not part of the plan? Lol. We don't think in megabytes here, bro.

You can read. Go and read about it, instead of making jokes. There was nothing like waiting in status. He was not part of it.

I posted a link on Shagari's statement. Shagari stated clearly that Maj. Gen. Buhari's name came up after the coup. So how can he be President in waiting?
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You are trying to make sense to a hypocrite, that's like talking to a wall. You should ignore. They know they truth, but being blinded by bigotry won't make them see it.

5 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You can read. Go and read about it, instead of making jokes. There was nothing like waiting in status. He was not part of it.

I posted a link on Shagari's statement. Shagari stated clearly that Maj. Gen. Buhari's name came up after the coup. So how can he be President in waiting?
Okay. Let me get serious.
You say shagari said Buharis name came after the coup. But in the quote you gave above there was no where he asserted that.

'It was the idea of late Gen. Bako and IBB.
Buhari was only brought in because they needed
a face with integrity... Col. Tony Nyiam, who was
part of the failed attempt to oust the Gen.
Ibrahim Babangida’s military government in 1990'

So, where did you get that from in the Above statement?
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Okay. Let me get serious.
You say shagari said Buharis name came after the coup. But in the quote you gave above there was no where he asserted that.

'It was the idea of late Gen. Bako and IBB.
Buhari was only brought in because they needed
a face with integrity... Col. Tony Nyiam, who was
part of the failed attempt to oust the Gen.
Ibrahim Babangida’s military government in 1990'

So, where did you get that from in the Above statement?

That was after the coup. Not before. Did I not post a link under the statement. The link there shows where I quoted it from.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 07, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
You are trying to make sense to a hypocrite, that's like talking to a wall. You should ignore. They know they truth, but being blinded by bigotry won't make them see it.
Come on, dude. Let's be frank with ourselves. First he said Buhari was made aware of the impeding coup. Then he moves to Buhari wasn't part of the plan.
Now he's telling me Shagari said so in the statement he quoted which evidently is not the case. Be truthful bro, how can one be aware of the amount of money you steal he'd get but he's still not part of the plan?

Now, what about the latest contradiction and blatant lie? Did shagari say that Buhari was brought in after the coup in the above statement he quoted? Does it even make sense? After carrying out a coup you begin to look for a heir to the throne? We have brains!

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Didnt Do This, Dont Claim Street Wise. Pics!!!! / Photo Of President Buhari's Wife Mrs Aisha Grandfather, Muhammadu Ribadu / List Of Corruption Cases APC Forgot About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.