Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,673 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure (2160 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Commends Buhari, Fashola Over Power Supply. Nigerians React / Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up / Omojuwa Called Jonathan A Disaster, And Got This Reply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Sweetlemon(f): 4:47pm On Jun 07, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
you agreed he didn't do well for the igbos but still proud that you stuck with someone that failed you big time, all because buhari didn't have any relationship with the igbos. What relationship was he suppose to have? Marry igbo wives?

grin grin grin
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You can read. Go and read about it, instead of making jokes. There was nothing like waiting in status. He was not part of it.

I posted a link on Shagari's statement. Shagari stated clearly that Maj. Gen. Buhari's name came up after the coup. So how can he be President in waiting?
Joe, don't waste your time with that F.OOL, he's not worth it...

3 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:48pm On Jun 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Okay. Let me get serious.
You say shagari said Buharis name came after the coup. But in the quote you gave above there was no where he asserted that.

'It was the idea of late Gen. Bako and IBB.
Buhari was only brought in because they needed
a face with integrity... Col. Tony Nyiam, who was
part of the failed attempt to oust the Gen.
Ibrahim Babangida’s military government in 1990'

So, where did you get that from in the Above statement?

“Buhari did not overthrow my government, its was when those boys that overthrew our government were looking for someone with integrity, honesty and fairness to be the head of their government that was when Major Gen. Muhammadu Buhari’s name came in”.. . Shagari.

Is this different from Colonel Nyiam's statement? This shows the timeline of the statement.

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That was after the coup. Not before. Did I not post a link under the statement. The link there shows where I quoted it from.
My goodness! You mean, in the above quote shagari was saying Buhari was brought into the business after the coup? Lol. Smh. Humans can be anything and they'd be first to call you a biased person or a bigot.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
Reyginus:
My goodness! You mean, in the above quote shagari was saying Buhari was brought into the business after the coup? Lol. Smh. Humans can be anything and they'd be first to call you a biased person or a bigot.

its was when those boys that overthrew our government were looking for someone with integrity.. . Shagari.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Safari29: 4:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That was after the coup. Not before. Did I not post a link under the statement. The link there shows where I quoted it from.

pls ignore him,

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

“Buhari did not overthrow my government, its was when those boys that overthrew our government were looking for someone with integrity, honesty and fairness to be the head of their government that was when Major Gen. Muhammadu Buhari’s name came in”.. . Shagari.

Is this different from Colonel Nyiam's statement? This shows the timeline of the statement.
This was Shagaris original response

' It was the idea of late Gen. Bako and IBB. Buhari was only brought in because they needed a face with integrity'.

So, where did you get the part that said 'that was when Major Muhammadu Buharis name came up? Which quote is this one? Even if I'm to follow your adulterated version where did he say bringing in meant making him head of state after the coup?

Did he say Buharis name was brought in after the coup or that because the boys wanted a man of integrity reason they had to bring him in. Bring him in to what? Lol. Humans.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

its was when those boys that overthrew our government were looking for someone with integrity.. . Shagari.
Lol. So they were looking for a man with integrity after the coup? Wow! You mean after carrying out a coup you begin to look for the man to replace the outgoing criminal? Wow! This reasoning is topnotch.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:13pm On Jun 07, 2016
Reyginus:

This was Shagaris original response

' It was the idea of late Gen. Bako and IBB. Buhari was only brought in because they needed a face with integrity'.

So, where did you get the part that said 'that was when Major Muhammadu Buharis name came up? Which quote is this one? Even if I'm to follow your adulterated version where did he say bringing in meant making him head of state after the coup?

Did he say Buharis name was brought in after the coup or that because the boys wanted a man of integrity reason they had to bring him in. Bring him in to what? Lol. Humans.

The statement you are quoting, is from Col. Nyiam. So why lie that it was Shagari's original statement. It shows you are here to spread lies.

You cut out the statement, skipped Col. Nyiam's name and lied it was Shagari.

That is evil and bad. You know what you are doing.

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The statement you are quoting, is from Col. Nyiam. So why lie that it was Shagari's original statement. It shows you are here to spread lies.

You cut out the statement, skipped Col. Nyiam's name and lied it was Shagari.

That is evil and bad. You know what you are doing.
I only visited your link. So you believe adults with humans brains will first carryout a coup and then begin to look for a successor? They found him and he accepted the same day the coup was carried out? You believe this?
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2016
Reyginus:
I only visited your link. So you believe adults with humans brains will first carryout a coup and then begin to look for a successor? They found him and he accepted the same day the coup was carried out? You believe this?

That is why you should read. I read, I studied. From reports, the master plan was to install Bako as the Head Of State but he lost his life that day.

Buhari was in Jos when the coup happened. He was not part of it.

It is not what you believe or whether you like him that matters. Read different links and stories of the 1983 Coup and know more.

President Buhari was not part of it. The person overthrown, Shagari said he was not part of it. If you want to argue, keep arguing. If not go and read on it.

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That is why you should read. I read, I studied. From reports, the master plan was to install Bako as the Head Of State but he lost his life that day.

Buhari was in Jos when the coup happened. He was not part of it.

It is not what you believe or whether you like him that matters. Read different links and stories of the 1983 Coup and know more.

President Buhari was not part of it. The person overthrown, Shagari said he was not part of it. If you want to argue, keep arguing. If not go and read on it.
Lol. A new twist. I've read personal accounts from books written by veterans where Buhari was indicted. Though not as the originator of the idea but surely a supporter of it. But then in the light of this new twist where does the integrity statement lie?
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. A new twist. I've read personal accounts from books written by veterans where Buhari was indicted. Though not as the originator of the idea but surely a supporter of it. But then in the light of this new twist where does the integrity statement lie?

For someone who claims to have read accounts of veterans, how is Bako a new twist? It was a Bako and IBB coup.

Post the names of the veterans.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by tbaba1234: 5:51pm On Jun 07, 2016
From MEND to coupd'etat
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:53pm On Jun 07, 2016
tbaba1234:
From MEND to coupd'etat

Someone started with some false information about the President. I was just pointing out a lot of propaganda against President Buhari flies because of people's bigotry. They do not care if it is true or not.

2 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

For someone who claims to have read accounts of veterans, how is Bako a new twist? It was a Bako and IBB coup.

Post the names of the veterans.
My statement is on your integrity point. It seems a logical contradiction. If truly bako was the one meant to take over, where then is the integrity statement coming from when Bako in the first was never a man of Integrity?

This below is Bako's son statement concerning the coup:

"top brass of the army and their cohorts did not
agree with what he (my father) wanted to do because they wanted the coup to be bloody. They now ordered a Lt. Col to shoot him and he died instantly on the scene at the present Area 1 bridge side in Abuja'

Why exactly should I agree that the aim was to install Bako? A Brigadier General when there was a Mojor General?

Below also is the list of senior officers involved in the Coup as reported by Wikipedia.

The senior military officers involved in the
1983 coup were:

Major General Muhammadu Buhari (General Officer Commanding, 3rd Armored Division, Jos)

Major General Ibrahim Babangida (Director of Army Staff Duties and Plans)

Brigadier Ibrahim Bako (Brigade Commander)

Brigadier Sani Abacha (Commander, 9th Mechanized Brigade)

Brigadier Tunde Idiagbon (Military Secretary, Army)

Lt Colonel Aliyu Mohammed (Director of Military Intelligence)

Lt Colonel Halilu Akilu

Lt Colonel David Mark

Lt Colonel Tunde Ogbeha

Major Sambo Dasuki (Military Assistant to the Chief of Army Staff, Lt-General Wushishi)

Major Abdulmumuni Aminu
Major Lawan Gwadabe

Major Mustapha Jokolo (Senior Instructor, Basawa Barracks - Zaria)

Major Abubakar Umar
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by BIGBANGTHEORY: 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Someone started with some false information about the President. I was just pointing out a lot of propaganda against President Buhari flies because of people's bigotry. They do not care if it is true or not.

I dont wanna believe u are new on Nairaland, u keep replying a robot designed and programmed to oppose any thing called buhari. this type of users are like Trojan scavenging any traces of the name Buhari on web and type anything to spite the name.

3 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 07, 2016
BIGBANGTHEORY:

I dont wanna believe u are new on Nairaland, u keep replying a robot designed and programmed to oppose any thing called buhari. this type of users are like Trojan scavenging any traces of the name Buhari on web and type anything to spite the name.
You see, I'm simply after truth. I don't see anything hard in admitting Buhari was part of the coup plotters. What I detest is demystifying an ordinary human being to the status of perfect holiness or highest integrity.

I'm a lover and seeker of truth. Buhari is just an ordinary every day man with the same integrity found in Nigerians. But that doesn't mean I don't want him to succeed. I want him to succeed but I must not pretend he's perfect or even different from the average Nigerian on the street.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: MEND Commends Buhari, Brands Jonathan A Spectacular Failure by einst3in: 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
NDA are ibo terrorist. such cowards

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia Governor, Ikpeazu, Goes Into Hiding As Security Aides Withdrawn / Fayose Inspects Ongoing Flyover Construction In Ado Ekiti (pics) / PHOTOS: President Buhari Shows His Swag As He Rocks A Face Cap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.