Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Nigeria: Beyond The Shades Of Secession And Marginalisation (victor Aghayere) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Beyond The Shades Of Secession And Marginalisation (victor Aghayere) (532 Views)

I Will Review Appointments To Address Marginalisation – Buhari / Response To: What Will Happen To Igbo Properties In A Case Of Secession? / Marginalisation: Ekweremadu, Obi, Soludo, Others To Meet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: Beyond The Shades Of Secession And Marginalisation (victor Aghayere) by ObaKlaz: 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
Our brethren in the South South and the South Eastern regions of Nigeria need to understand
a number of things:

1. Goodluck Jonathan is not coming back . That's a done deal. Now that we've got that out of the way, lets move on!

2. No one is seceding from Nigeria. Nigeria's constitution says Nigeria is 'indivisible' (That's a
direct quote)

3.Everyone in Nigeria is marginalised. Even the North is marginalised.
Even though that region has held sway for most of Nigeria's life as an independent nation, most of the people from the region are just as poor as everyone else. There are more beggars and destitutes in that region than any part of Nigeria. I say this not to insult anyone, but to make the point that the common man in the
North of Nigeria is probably worse off than those in the south of Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria: Beyond The Shades Of Secession And Marginalisation (victor Aghayere) by ObaKlaz: 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
4. The folks that have held Nigeria hostage and have been
milking Nigeria dry for decades are from all the regions and ethnic groups in Nigeria . There is no one ethnic group that has a monopoly.

4. Even if Nigeria is balkanized today, all the different countries that will emerge from it would
still be poor and the people will still be in a desperate situation . You know why? 'cos the same thieves eating your cake right now will head these various countries, so it will not be eldoraldo .

6. Your enemy is not Nigeria or any other ethnic group there in, your enemy is the POLITICAL CLASS, many of whom come from your villages and are your kit and kin.

7. Buhari has not done anything in the last year to make you
more marginalised than you ever were.
Re: Nigeria: Beyond The Shades Of Secession And Marginalisation (victor Aghayere) by ObaKlaz: 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2016
8. The rest of Nigeria does not need any one tribe more than that tribe needs the rest of Nigeria.

9. Violence begets violence . There is nothing wrong with Nigeria that Nigerians cannot solve sitting across a table.

10. If you think your life is hard right now, please remember to let me know what it is like when you start living in a refugee camp in Benin republic , Togo or Ghana.

11.Those who are egging you on in this foolish enterprise are either sitting in the comfort of the white man's country and so will not be there with their families to suffer
the consequences with you or are politicians
who are still bitter that they lost their meal
ticket in the last election and will stop at
nothing to get it back .. check very well their
families are not in Nigeria to suffer the
consequences of this with you . They
themselves are ready at a moment's notice to
Jet out of Nigeria when the bubble bursts to Europe or America where they already have mansions purchased with your money, leaving you to your fate.
The sooner we all realize these facts and stop playing the fool, the sooner we can move Nigeria forward.

May God help Nigeria and continue to grant Buhari and Osinbajo the wisdom to move Nigeria forward from the wreckage of 'Transformation'.
Re: Nigeria: Beyond The Shades Of Secession And Marginalisation (victor Aghayere) by MeanChris(m): 3:00pm On Jun 07, 2016
Re: Nigeria: Beyond The Shades Of Secession And Marginalisation (victor Aghayere) by attackgat: 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2016
ObaKlaz:
Our brethren in the South South and the South Eastern regions of Nigeria need to understand
a number of things:

1. Goodluck Jonathan is not coming back . That's a done deal. Now that we've got that out of the way, lets move on!

2. No one is seceding from Nigeria. Nigeria's constitution says Nigeria is 'indivisible' (That's a
direct quote)

3.Everyone in Nigeria is marginalised. Even the North is marginalised.
Even though that region has held sway for most of Nigeria's life as an independent nation, most of the people from the region are just as poor as everyone else. There are more beggars and destitutes in that region than any part of Nigeria. I say this not to insult anyone, but to make the point that the common man in the
North of Nigeria is probably worse off than those in the south of Nigeria.

Nigeria's constitution says 'indivisible'? really? Well the constitution is not greater than the people. The people decide what the constitution is. As an Igbo man, I decide if I want to be Nigerian or not. It is not the job of Lord Lugard to do that for me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Beyond The Shades Of Secession And Marginalisation (victor Aghayere) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
OP IS A DEFEATED SOLDEIR READY TO SERVE HIS CAPTORS. EVEN AZIKIWE SUPPORTED BIAFRA IN ITS ERA DAYS. SO I WONDER WHO SAID AND WHO SIGHNED THAT STATEMENT

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Beyond The Shades Of Secession And Marginalisation (victor Aghayere) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2016
The only point he made is that of Number 6, the rest is bullsh!t.

The OP sounds like one of the mods that is against secession.

(1) (Reply)

Obama To Honour Ooni As NYC Declares Yoruba Day / MEND Forms A Team To Hold Talks With Government / Why Nigeria Will Continue To Experience Epileptic Power Supply- Newshelm.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.