Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,345 members, 7,860,887 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:08 PM

Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? (18916 Views)

Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? / How Long Charging Of Your Phones Destroys Phone Batteries / Dose Virus Damage Phone Battery?. How To Solve It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by admindim: 7:42am On Jun 08, 2016
we build localy made powe banks that can last u a week
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by skyo78(m): 7:44am On Jun 08, 2016
bongolistik:
Power banks will definitely have a long term damaging effect on your phone's batteries, though the damages can be negligible. A case study is this, a friend bought Infinix Hot Note exactly by March last year while I bought mine June last year, although I am a 3 times more voracious user of my device than him, which is also a big factor to consider. Aside that,

Now, he never used Power Banks on his, while I bought mine together with a power bank and from day 1, I have always used power banks on my device whenever I am not charging through direct power supply.

And here are the outcome;

My friend phone's battery is still solid presently and have not really shown any serious sign of weakness but mine on the other hand started giving me sleepless night just at the beginning of this month that made it exactly 1 year I purchased it.

My battery has become so weak that I will now have to watch the battery drain to empty in just 2hours of usage after a full charge.

In fact I have just placed order for a new replacement battery for my device before it gives me HBP.

The damaging effect of power banks is mostly as result of this: you know power banks are made of cells, and long time usage of the power banks will definitely make the cells to grow weaker and the steady state voltage supply and current coming out from the power bank to the phone while charging the phone with power banks will be weak on its part and will not be perfectly suitable for your phones battery, even if it charges your phone to full battery percentage, it is still weak voltage.

Have you ever wondered why your phone battery last longer after charging it with direct power supply but drains faster on usage immediately after you finish charging it with power banks?

As time goes on this weak voltage from the power bank also weakens your phone battery and cut short it's life span.

But this is Naija, how man go do na, if you don't augment your phone charging with power banks, your phone might likely keep you offline most of the times

Your phone battery is weak because of constant charging and discharging and recharging.
Has nothing to do with the power bank

1 Like

Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by 4q: 7:49am On Jun 08, 2016
can't say with certainty, but what i can say with certainty is never let your first charge of a new phone be with a Power bank.
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by Ewatomi26(f): 7:51am On Jun 08, 2016
I don't like the stress of carrying a power bank around, so I have never bought one.

Samoyed puppies forsale... Holla at me, if you are interested... 08137411263
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by hassymo5(m): 7:52am On Jun 08, 2016
POWER BANKS AFFECTS PHONE BATTERY...I USED it b4 , BUT WILL NEVA AGAIN....
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by UwakweUgo(m): 7:54am On Jun 08, 2016
Yes nah , blackberry ba3
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by princeBlack77(m): 7:55am On Jun 08, 2016
quemod:

Try FIL power bank
the initial one that I used is far better than the FIL I bought recently
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by prinsam30: 8:00am On Jun 08, 2016
Dam5reey:

You tried this is trial and error experiment....

Power banks are power source just like any other charger..

Facts here: battery life is determine by its number of cycles that is the number if times it is recharged from 0 to 100...

This varies some have 1000 cycles, another may be 1200 or even lower..

Here it shows that the have execeeded the battery life cycle where as your friend charge may have been charging thrice a week...

I agree with you, maybe the guy charges his phone battery more often.

I bought my Gionee M2 together with power bank of 15000mah November 2014, till date I have never experienced drainage of power on my phone battery charging it with the power bank.

just last night I charged my phone with my power bank from 32% to gained me 92% within 1hr 45mims before unplugging it, I browse with it till 12.45am before sleeping and I woke up to meet it at 85%
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by Rasheed02(m): 8:04am On Jun 08, 2016
queenfav:
When you buy a 50,000mah powerbank for 3000,damage to phone battery is definitely inevitable.Good power banks like anker,xiaomi and lumsing do not weaken phone batteries.But again,how many persons can afford to buy a 10000mah powerbank for 5k upwards with this prevailing economic hardship?I got xiaomi 10000mah powerbank from a guy here for 4500 and its very good!
You know what? Oraimo rules the world of power banks.for a start get Oraimo 10PB-AR with 10,400MAH and a digital display of percentage and power bar capacity.you will marvel
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by Samzack(m): 8:18am On Jun 08, 2016
bongolistik:
Power banks will definitely have a long term damaging effect on your phone's batteries, though the damages can be negligible. A case study is this, a friend bought Infinix Hot Note exactly by March last year while I bought mine June last year, although I am a 3 times more voracious user of my device than him, which is also a big factor to consider. Aside that,

Now, he never used Power Banks on his, while I bought mine together with a power bank and from day 1, I have always used power banks on my device whenever I am not charging through direct power supply.

My friend phone's battery is still solid presently and have not really shown any serious sign of weakness but mine on the other hand started giving me sleepless night just at the beginning of this month that made it exactly 1 year I purchased it.

My battery has become so weak that I will now have to watch the battery drain to empty in just 2hours of usage after a full charge.

In fact I have just placed order for a new replacement battery for my device before it gives me HBP.

The damaging effect of power banks is mostly as result of this: you know power banks are made of cells, and long time usage of the power banks will definitely make the cells to grow weaker and the steady state voltage supply and current coming out from the power bank to the phone while charging the phone with power banks will be weak on its part and will not be perfectly suitable for your phones battery, even if it charges your phone to full battery percentage, it is still weak voltage.

Have you ever wondered why your phone battery last longer after charging it with direct power supply but drains faster on usage immediately after you finish charging it with power banks?

As time goes on this weak voltage from the power bank also weakens your phone battery and cut short it's life span.

But this is Naija, how man go do na, if you don't augment your phone charging with power banks, your phone might likely keep you offline most of the times

Though for good power banks, I have some recommendations here

http://highteknology.com/2015/01/5-sure-bets-in-power-banks-that-will.html
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by simiolu1(m): 8:26am On Jun 08, 2016
queenfav:
When you buy a 50,000mah powerbank for 3000,damage to phone battery is definitely inevitable.Good power banks like anker,xiaomi and lumsing do not weaken phone batteries.But again,how many persons can afford to buy a 10000mah powerbank for 5k upwards with this prevailing economic hardship?I got xiaomi 10000mah powerbank from a guy here for 4500 and its very good!

And someone just gifted me this powerbank after returning from China... If I tell you how much he bought it after converting Yuan to Naira, you'd weep for this country.

A friend who picked up the power bank on my behalf is already asking how much I'm going to sell.
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by femdevcon(f): 8:29am On Jun 08, 2016
bongolistik:

Though for good power banks, I have some recommendations here

http://highteknology.com/2015/01/5-sure-bets-in-power-banks-that-will.html

have you hear of the Femdevcon Smart PowerBank.?

http://femdevcon..com/2016/06/complete-specifications-of-femdevcon.html?m=1
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by JohnLou(m): 8:29am On Jun 08, 2016
Yes it does.

If the output rating of the power bank is higher than the output rating required to charge your phone.

If you over charge you phone...The power bank doesn't have fail safe for batteries.
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by Jholland(f): 8:34am On Jun 08, 2016
Due to the poor power supply in my area that even if I get a power bank to chage it would be another problem, I decided to go get the solar power bank today before I do so, does anyone advice against it?
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by opey112(m): 8:39am On Jun 08, 2016
I use my power bank in time of emergency when there is no Nepa.
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by oluwatozil(m): 8:51am On Jun 08, 2016
If u can get an original power bank n nt d common fake ones it will serve u very well. Currently am using a new brand power bank (Tuoda) purchased from Jumia n if is working perfectly 4 me
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by goingape: 9:00am On Jun 08, 2016
femdevcon:

have you hear of the Femdevcon Smart PowerBank.?

http://femdevcon..com/2016/06/complete-specifications-of-femdevcon.html?m=1
yeah! once used it BEFORE. and very fake angry

all you people will be importing RUBBISH and be selling it with big amount of MONEY!
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by queenfav(f): 9:23am On Jun 08, 2016
Rasheed02:
You know what? Oraimo rules the world of power banks.for a start get Oraimo 10PB-AR with 10,400MAH and a digital display of percentage and power bar capacity.you will marvel
Who and what is oraimo?abeg dont let me choke on my tea with laughter.Dude,google is your friend,xiaomi has been rated d second best powerbank in the world for 2016 by pcadvisor uk and many other tech sites.Have u heard of pass through charging.That's when you plug the power bank to charge and can also plug your fone to the powerbank to charge it.That's a feature only the best of powerbanks like xiaomi and other top brands can boast of.
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by queenfav(f): 9:27am On Jun 08, 2016
simiolu1:

And someone just gifted me this powerbank after returning from China... If I tell you how much he bought it after converting Yuan to Naira, you'd weep for this country.

A friend who picked up the power bank on my behalf is already asking how much I'm going to sell.
Guy,hold ur powerbank well o,its something you can't get easily in Nigeria.That your friend knows the value that's why he wants to buy it from you.
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by simiolu1(m): 9:42am On Jun 08, 2016
queenfav:
Guy,hold ur powerbank well o,its something you can't get easily in Nigeria.That your friend knows the value that's why he wants to buy it from you.

I told him I'll sell for 10k jale jale
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by boykas(m): 9:46am On Jun 08, 2016
Rasheed02:

Can you show me the picture of it
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by compunigeria: 9:59am On Jun 08, 2016
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by smiliyB(f): 10:09am On Jun 08, 2016
kushkingstalin:
Thinking of purchasing a power bank for my device (2100mah) but not sure if continuous use of it would end up damaging the battery.
Pls share your experiences with power banks.
Do I go for it or forget about it?
YESSS!!!! I'm a witness especially the one low price 1k to 2k,the tin damage my battery,it swell like frog and suffer my head out trying to find original bb battery.My dear I learnt my lesson in a hard way,anytin I see light I kukuma charge my phnone but if u want to have power bank,you can go for the one of high price but dn't use it always.
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by dovoule(m): 10:17am On Jun 08, 2016
I have two batteies. The one that came the phone and another which I charge with a power bank.
I keep the Original battery away from power banks. After my terrible experience with power banks, that's the trick I embraced.
kushkingstalin:
Thinking of purchasing a power bank for my device (2100mah) but not sure if continuous use of it would end up damaging the battery.
Pls share your experiences with power banks.
Do I go for it or forget about it?
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by veekid(m): 10:31am On Jun 08, 2016
bongolistik:
u need to unscrew every single nut on the back of your device before it can be changed. If you are not techy enough you should take it to a phone repairer or calcare but I know you will part away with N1000 or N500 for doing so

what you explained here is how to remove the battery not how to replace it; where can one get the battery? the original
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by slye(m): 10:47am On Jun 08, 2016
Have you guys heard about TECHSTURVS power banks.. .just follow the signature and you're gonna be wowed !!
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by Lovechyld101(m): 11:33am On Jun 08, 2016
Yes it does power bank was design for emergency use i.e traveling and when there is no power source available at d moment but steady use will damage the battery. It just like generator and nepa light its not the same.
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by Batomi: 12:10pm On Jun 08, 2016
Guys I want to buy solar charger for phone is it good
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 08, 2016
ireneony:
buy original one. Don't buy chinko power bank.
can u recommend any original one
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2016
Beehshorp:
I av a 50000mah powerbank and my battery still lasts... So original ones don't damage batteries.. But op what inspired ur signature?
He he..u won't understand
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2016
admindim:
we build localy made powe banks that can last u a week
Build?
serious?
how do you go about it?
Re: Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2016
dovoule:
I have two batteies. The one that came the phone and another which I charge with a power bank.
I keep the Original battery away from power banks. After my terrible experience with power banks, that's the trick I embraced.
Hmmmm....making a lot of sense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Share Your Glo Free Data Day Experience Screenshots (photos) / Price And Availability Details Of Iphone 5C and 5S In Nigeria / My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.