Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,216 members, 7,867,545 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:05 PM

What If Buhari Medical Trip Is Exceeds To 1 Month? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If Buhari Medical Trip Is Exceeds To 1 Month? (764 Views)

Buhari's Medical Status: Fayose Reacts, Sends Strong Message To Presidency / Falana Commends Buhari’s Medical Trip Abroad, Shades Fayose / Buhari Nigerians Are Suffering, US Trip Is “joke Of The Year” - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Buhari Medical Trip Is Exceeds To 1 Month? by boolieWoskie: 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2016
i pray for quick recovery of our president but as someone who cares much about unforeseen circumstance and the state of the nation, i ask this honest question: what if buhari's medical trip exceeds to 1 month? how will our constitution and electoral act view such situation? please, bigger brothers and sisters elaborate
Re: What If Buhari Medical Trip Is Exceeds To 1 Month? by mekaboy(m): 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
As Nigeria is going now, it does not seem like there is a govt. So even if it exceeds 5months there will be no difference.

The country has been in reverse gear for the past 1 year

1 Like

Re: What If Buhari Medical Trip Is Exceeds To 1 Month? by reverendfather: 3:08pm On Jun 07, 2016
okay waiting for the learned folks
Re: What If Buhari Medical Trip Is Exceeds To 1 Month? by makazona(m): 3:13pm On Jun 07, 2016
Sec 145 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has a provision for that.

It means that if the President is not back after 21 days, the VP becomes an "acting President" will full presidential powers until the President transmits a letter to the NASS to say " I am back n fit to resume office"

Sè fíní
Re: What If Buhari Medical Trip Is Exceeds To 1 Month? by naijaboy756: 3:30pm On Jun 07, 2016
makazona:
Sec 145 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has a provision for that.

It means that if the President is not back after 21 days, the VP becomes an "acting President" will full presidential powers until the President transmits a letter to the NASS to say " I am back n fit to resume office"

Sè fíní
our Earnest and innate prayers>>> yolobasss
Re: What If Buhari Medical Trip Is Exceeds To 1 Month? by MXrep: 5:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
osibanjo will be impeached by the northern cabals if he inherit that seat. the latest peace move of Tinubu with Saraki is to save the mere commissioner in case of any eventuality
Re: What If Buhari Medical Trip Is Exceeds To 1 Month? by orunto27: 6:43pm On Jun 07, 2016
Sec 145 of the Constitution, that's where they got N145 per litre of PMS. APC is a genius. A litre of PMS will creamate every problem.
Sè fíní !!!!
Re: What If Buhari Medical Trip Is Exceeds To 1 Month? by OlujobaSamuel: 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2016
MXrep:
osibanjo will be impeached by the northern cabals if he inherit that seat. the latest peace move of Tinubu with Saraki is to save the mere commissioner in case of any eventuality
I don't know how serious you are with your comment, but if you are, I will give my honest opinion about it.
it's nearly almost impossible to impeach the president and the vice in Nigeria according to our constitution, it will take at least 3weeks or 4 for the process to be done with, it's not like governor that you do within few hours and you are good to go.
The law clearly states there must be investigation into the alleged misconduct, the misconduct must be expressly stated and communicated to the victim to defend himself, the investigation must take at least 2weeks, etc, by the time you are going through this, those that will vote yes might not have the will to push further again.
we are just unfortunate with not good enough president and vice in our nation, they have enormous respect and power given to them by law.
Re: What If Buhari Medical Trip Is Exceeds To 1 Month? by sexybrooke: 8:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

I don't know how serious you are with your comment, but if you are, I will give my honest opinion about it.
it's nearly almost impossible to impeach the president and the vice in Nigeria according to our constitution, it will take at least 3weeks or 4 for the process to be done with, it's not like governor that you do within few hours and you are good to go.
The law clearly states there must be investigation into the alleged misconduct, the misconduct must be expressly stated and communicated to the victim to defend himself, the investigation must take at least 2weeks, etc, by the time you are going through this, those that will vote yes might not have the will to push further again.
we are just unfortunate with not good enough president and vice in our nation, they have enormous respect and power given to them by law.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Drags Buhari Before US, Uk Govt, Amnesty International / We Are Young, Smart, And Focused Niger Deltans- ND Avengers / FG School Feeding Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.