Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,825 members, 7,824,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

At His Age Is He Too Old For His Masters Programme? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / At His Age Is He Too Old For His Masters Programme? (1179 Views)

NUC Has Now Approved ABU's E-Learning Masters Programme. What Are Your Thoughts? / AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY Online Masters Programme Is Out !! / Teacher Beats 3-Year-Old For Urinating & Defecating On His Body (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At His Age Is He Too Old For His Masters Programme? by FuckTheM0ds(m): 4:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
:
hi due to the recent upsurge and elevation of education as the utmost and paramount priority among the homo sapiens of this 21st century.
This century has witnessed the growing rate of young teenagers and adolescents graduating from the university at a puerile and young age.
Hence it's anachronistical and archaic for a guy of 30 years to write jamb and be admitted as a fresher in the university.
Even though education has no age limit though.
Well the crux of my apprehensiveness is that i had some challenges after i graduated few years ago and i took up an interim job for the intervening time just for survival.
Now i wanna forward my degree to study for a master's certificate.
I recently went back to my former institution and saw a lot of young girls and guys of 23-26 all vying for their masters and i feel so apalling, ashame and ignominous that at my age i'd suppose to be a lecturer by now.
What do you guys think? I'm i too old for my masters programme?
I'm 32 years of age.
Matured comments pls. Thanks
cc : lalasticlala, fynestboi
Re: At His Age Is He Too Old For His Masters Programme? by favourmic(m): 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2016
Pictures
Re: At His Age Is He Too Old For His Masters Programme? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
No. You are too young!!!
Re: At His Age Is He Too Old For His Masters Programme? by FuckTheM0ds(m): 5:00pm On Jun 07, 2016
alfred5:
No. You are too young!!!
like seriously?
Re: At His Age Is He Too Old For His Masters Programme? by sageb: 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2016
There is no age limit in acquiring knowledge. I have seen people in their 50s and 60s studying in this programme. @op forget about this ''i'm aged" mentality and pursue your goals.
Re: At His Age Is He Too Old For His Masters Programme? by missuniverse(f): 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2016
I know you are not...
You know you are not...
Everyone knows you are not

I think this truth is objective

moreover,its runs between 9 to 18 mnts as the case may be, i dnt think its too much tym

thank you

3 Likes

Re: At His Age Is He Too Old For His Masters Programme? by babyfaceafrica: 5:03pm On Jun 07, 2016
Its just a mind thing..I am 30 and enrolling for masters this year.....no shaking...the best graduating student in Unilag is 29 will be 30/31 when he finishes nysc and guess when he will enroll for masters?...when I was in school a man of. 36 years old graduated with us and he is doin masters naw and na in nack babes past sef..cos he get money...you won't even know his age,cos he plays a lot and told us to stop calling him broda...my guy do your thing and move on....this life is not a race..Bless you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: At His Age Is He Too Old For His Masters Programme? by thesicilian: 5:20pm On Jun 07, 2016
32 and you think you're too old for a masters program? I laugh in Spanish.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: At His Age Is He Too Old For His Masters Programme? by Project400: 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2016
You are too old to enrol for a Masters programme

However,

You are not too old to enrol for Knowledge.

For as long as you continue to view education & learning in the context of certificate & societal status, you'll continue to see your age as a barrier.

Ask yourself, are you too old to learn? Are you too old to acquire knowledge? Take your mind off the (status), and focus on the course you intend to study, and the accompany course works. There is no limit to knowledge acquisition, but there is a limit to status acquisition as you'd always meet even 19 and 20-year olds attending BIO 701 (postgraduate classes).

Here is the difference: knowledge is about how vast! Status, on the other hand, is about how fast! As you have seen, you're too old for the latter, but the former remains your best bet!

Cheers! smiley

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At His Age Is He Too Old For His Masters Programme? by Obinnau(m): 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2016
I wonder why you should wake up and start limiting yourself op. No age is too much for a masters program. We are our own enemies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At His Age Is He Too Old For His Masters Programme? by FuckTheM0ds(m): 5:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
Thanks all i have been rejuvenated and my countenance has been edified. God Almighty bless you all

1 Like

Re: At His Age Is He Too Old For His Masters Programme? by harsysky(m): 7:03pm On Jun 07, 2016
I hate school and every questions associated with it. Op, so if every one tells u that you're too old now, you go carry ur big head agree. Why allow odas liv ur life. I'm planning to go into medicine and surgery when I'm 50. By that time I might have developed small love for schools and dia rubbish lectures.
Re: At His Age Is He Too Old For His Masters Programme? by FuckTheM0ds(m): 2:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
harsysky:
I hate school and every questions associated with it. Op, so if every one tells u that you're too old now, you go carry ur big head agree. Why allow odas liv ur life. I'm planning to go into medicine and surgery when I'm 50. By that time I might have developed small love for schools and dia rubbish lectures.
lols o. Thanks for the positive comment bro
Re: At His Age Is He Too Old For His Masters Programme? by harsysky(m): 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
lols o. Thanks for the positive comment bro

You should know you're very welcome , bro!

(1) (Reply)

Futa Admission Is Out! / JAMB Now Accepts Payment Of UTME Form Via Remita | See How To Do It / Neco 2017 Crs Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.