Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,787 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:17 AM

Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 (19175 Views)

Genotype: Is It Possible For Doctors To Make Mistakes? / Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report / Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by Reference(m): 10:19pm On Jun 07, 2016
AareOgbuefi:
Some of our ppl here on Nairaland openly display their ignorance! I hope you folks are aware that aside the fact that our hospitals are poorly funded and equipped, Drs that work their asses off day and night are being owed their salaries and entitlement in various States across Nigeria in addition to the vast majority being underpaid! Ekiti state for instance owes drs more than civil servants in the state and guess what? They're not on strike yet! However when they now choose to start their strike folks here will start running their mouth [b][/b][i][/i]

Abeg go siddon. Is there any sector in Nigeria that is over funded right now. Is education, infrastructure, the military, which one and what makes doctors more important than others to make them custodians of strike actions. You guys are just too greedy. You can't always get what you want and you never will, simply. The economy is depressed and it affects all.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by prolifikVj: 10:19pm On Jun 07, 2016
Xbabangida:

Whats there .. Is it not to write physiology, anatomy, IP in your BMS and then ur first MB? Is it not to do pathology, M1,2,3 S1,2,3 in ur clinicals along with pedo and O&G posting? grin Sorry i[i]f my earlier statements were rude tho[/i]. I've been receiving lots of quotes and insults ever since embarassed

Talking sensibly also attracts attention. Try it sometime...

4 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 07, 2016
pablitho:
You cant even make a complete correct sentence and you are insulting people that will save ur ungrateful life one day
What's wrong about my initial sentence? Maybe you should learn to use your punctuations properly next time you wish to quote me. Møron.
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by Joygalore(f): 10:33pm On Jun 07, 2016
Miss "literate",what have you achieved?
Insulting people that have once saved your life undecided
You will never attain the level we are

Fool undecided
Xbabangida:
Sometimes, I wonder what these so called doctors think they are. Very Illiterate and useless set of people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by prolifikVj: 10:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
Reference:

Abeg go siddon. Is there any sector in Nigeria that is over funded right now. Is education, infrastructure, the military, which one and what makes doctors more important than others to make them custodians of strike actions. You guys are just too greedy. You can't always get what you want and you never will, simply. The economy is depressed and it affects all.

This reeks of insecurity.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by obidr(m): 11:07pm On Jun 07, 2016
Xbabangida:
Sometimes, I wonder what these so called doctors think they are. Very Illiterate and useless set of people.
Not as illiterate as you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by obidr(m): 11:09pm On Jun 07, 2016
prettysolid:
Why do doctors always go on strike, did they not take an oath before service
Are they going to cater for their families with oath. Have you ever given any doctor anything free of charge?....Wake up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by rawgame(m): 11:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
Drguzzykola:
Just somehow pathetic the way potential patients air gibberish stuffs against doctors here, ,I laugh wen some1 says after they took oath , some1 also mouthed that doctors are illiterate and useless and who do doctors think they are , hmm , OK o, no p.
But the funniest part is this same set of people will still come to hospital with a dismayed emotion, crying out @ Doctor pls do something , help me doctor , just do something pls..funny

No problem, if u like call them anything and abuse them but ur conscience ll remember u wen u lie flat and hopeless on that sick bed , then when u ll be at there mercy and I
hope u ll still repeat that same word of illiterate and useless to them on that bed.
Doctors are also potential patients.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by Miwasky: 11:31pm On Jun 07, 2016
Pavarottii:

My brother, Nigerian doctors are d one of d best wen it comes to service. Do u know how it is to operate in d condition they are told to work in relating to their kind of job
But they still come to give result. Don't say wat u don't know please.

pls I am a health care personnel and I know what I am saying
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by Drguzzykola(m): 11:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
rawgame:
Doctors are also potential patients.
Any1 that is still breathing is a potential patient
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by prolifikVj: 11:37pm On Jun 07, 2016
Miwasky:
which stupid demend..you guys should be all ashamed of yourself ..if it is not signing result of a test ran by a lab scientist ,increase in salary, you want to be d head of all medical facilities including d laboratory.. Una demand no dey finish..instead of you asshole doctors Channelling your selfish demand to patient care ,your are here carrying your egocentric empty head around allowing your president to be flown abroad for a simple ear infection..does it mean there are no ENT CONSULTANTS AGAIN ..I weep..

That's right. Weep!! Your issues are too deep seated to be solved by this topic. Bias is indeed cancerous.
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by Nickyspice(f): 11:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
Xbabangida:
What is she even saying? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by walexbiz(m): 11:50pm On Jun 07, 2016
It's very unfortunate that doctors in this country have always used strike as a way of demanding salary increment as if there is no other way to resolve the issue. The doctors are very unpatriotic and greedy set of professionals whose only goal is to make money at the expense of life they are to cater for. They always demand for increment at will as if money is the only thing that matters to them. What now annoys me is the scrupulous way they go about it, they will list more than 10 demands while 8 of it borders on their greedy welfare package while the remaining two will be based on poor funding of the hospital once their welfare package is met they forget about improving health sector. Are medical doctors the only health professional in this country? How come others don't go on useless strike like the doctor's and when they demand for improved welfare package you will see doctors going on strike to antagonise them.

The doctors are the most paid employees of the federal government, so I guess it's time for they to back down, assess and re-evaluate themselves with this hogwash demand of theirs.

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by Drguzzykola(m): 11:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
Miwasky:
which stupid demend..you guys should be all ashamed of yourself ..if it is not signing result of a test ran by a lab scientist ,increase in salary, you want to be d head of all medical facilities including d laboratory.. Una demand no dey finish..instead of you asshole doctors Channelling your selfish demand to patient care ,your are here carrying your egocentric empty head around allowing your president to be flown abroad for a simple ear infection..does it mean there are no ENT CONSULTANTS AGAIN ..I weep..
I sensed that frustrated mind of para health worker/ health care personnel >>> like nurse , lab scientist , cleaner etc which one are u) that always love dragging stuff with doctors at work instead of working with doctors for the betterment of patient .
Nothing spoil sha , I just sensed this is a fustratated mind.

Doctor and heath worker ishhh in hospital,so sad that patient ll b d one to suffers this ishh

concerning ur say on president flying abroad, ure now pained abi, u are not just informed , that's it.
may I ask u what is the reason behind doctors strike.
Did u read up where they complained Nigeria hospitals are not well equipped to carry major operations ? hospital that lack enough equip that what u wanna take treat presido ,
Now ure weeping if there is ENTconsultant or not, infact just gerarahia

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by pyxon(m): 12:08am On Jun 08, 2016
YOROBBERS and their ugly, tattered looking political leaders
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by MaksmanBello: 1:11am On Jun 08, 2016
Xbabangida:
Miss literate, it just shows ur level of ignorance. Why not find out the reason for the strike from a Dr friend b4 u open ur mouth to comment. Sometimes it's better u keep that ur literate mouth shut. Every Dr in the world knows PMB didn't go to London because of ear infection it's something every Dr. can treat. Nigerian Dr's can compete any where in the world. NAMASOBIRI

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by Cindiebabe(f): 3:01am On Jun 08, 2016
God save Nigeria,how will the poor masses survive this.

Never be bored again.get FREE romance novels today.Visit cynthiakalubookclub..com
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by Pavarottii(m): 3:52am On Jun 08, 2016
Miwasky:

pls I am a health care personnel and I know what I am saying
First of all, do u like the condition u r been made to work in?
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by mikolo80: 3:57am On Jun 08, 2016
Xbabangida:
so you don't want them to fight for their own share of the national cake ba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by sandalina(f): 7:32am On Jun 08, 2016
Xbabangida:
what is she saying now?.…..mtcheew
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by Toppie2(f): 9:27am On Jun 08, 2016
Xbabangida:

Illiterate? Seriously?
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by teamchocolate: 9:45am On Jun 08, 2016
Pained soul grin

pyxon:
YOROBBERS and
their ugly, tattered looking political leaders
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by nelszx: 9:58am On Jun 08, 2016
Personally, I wouldn't advocate for a strike action but it seems that's the only language the Nigerian government understands. In as much as I'd advise Askira to thread with caution with the indefinite strike I'd like him to recall how the FG broke into the rank and files of NARD in 2014 he shouldn't forget so soon.
The government again might laugh last should they continue indefinitely cos they might employ similar approach again and the agitators becomes the aggrieved again cos they might just look for more loopholes and ridicule the association more (Onyebuchi Chukwu has done it before)
Resolutions should be don't ground services but still keep meeting the government for fruitful dialogues.
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by Drkingsley(m): 11:32am On Jun 08, 2016
Xbabangida:
. Ar you ok at all?

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by drered(m): 5:48pm On Jun 08, 2016
The fact remains that the health sector is generally poorly funded just like every other sector in Nigeria. From poor staff welfare to the dearth of essential medical facilities. Doctors, nurses, pharmacist, MLS and other members of the healthcare team bust their asses each day for a remuneration that is less than sufficient. Now most of the strike actions taken by the doctors are purely for their own remuneration which depending on how you see it is selfish (but not wrong) .. Another fact is relative to every other sector under the Federal government health care workers are paid a whole lot better and lastly with the current climate of the economy it'd be akin to a miracle for some considerable and sustainable improvement in the health sector.

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by emmaliver(m): 6:09pm On Jun 08, 2016
Xbabangida:

Son, I'm currently on my PhD in a different field. So to hell with whatever ur telling me here this night.
Great grand mother, u can still try n see If u can at least pass jamb and gain the admission. I bet you didn't pass through the four walls of any great institution or maybe the institution didn't pass through you else you would have been found both worthy in character and learning. From your earlier outburst, u didn't sound like you are well informed.
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by SC31(f): 8:08pm On Jun 08, 2016
idupaul:

They will go and meet Dr's in their private hospital because almost all Dr's have one and during strikes or no strike they refer patients from govt hospitals there and collect free salary still from govt
lol,so how then would the doctors lose??
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by idupaul: 9:28pm On Jun 08, 2016
SC31:
lol,so how then would the doctors lose??

They would lose the free govt salary and they will have to source for customers themselves instead of stealing govt hospitals patients
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by SC31(f): 11:50pm On Jun 08, 2016
idupaul:

They would lose the free govt salary and they will have to source for customers [/b]themselves instead of [b]stealing govt hospitals patients
lol sorry to say this bross you have no point,how are they getting free salary,how do you steal patients and how do one source for customers(patients) undecided......if govt should shut down public hospitals there's no way the doctors would loose,first of all public hospitals lack the needed facilities to operate a standard hospital,most of all(if not all) the doctors didn't do their phd here so they can as well go abroad to get jobs,they can decide to open up their own hospitals or pharmacy (which most of them have already),so how then do they loose out.....no matter what the patients would always be at the loosing end.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 by Drguzzykola(m): 11:53pm On Jun 08, 2016
[
[/color]
idupaul:

They would lose the free govt salary and they will have to source for customers themselves instead of stealing govt hospitals patients
I wish seun can add ( HISS) to the (Quote)(like) ( share)for all posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When An Adult Visitor Bedwets / Residents Rescue New Born Baby Dumped In Wild Park Bush In Jos (Graphic) / Over 700 Nigerians Die From Oral Cancer Annually – Ehanire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.