Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,950 members, 7,806,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? (4915 Views)

Is This True: Your Tithe Is Not Your Seed -Pst TT Edun Of CEC / Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue / The Tithe Is Unlawful - Nigerian Follow Follow Christians Will Believe Anything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by schmuck(m): 5:03pm On Aug 26, 2009
Let us discuss with open mind:

Almost every Preachers, Pastors, Bishops, Reverends, Evangelists. Shepherds
coerce their congregation into paying tithe.

Are Christians mandated to pay tithe under the new covenant

Also, what are they really using the money from tithe for
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 26, 2009
CAITAL NO[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 26, 2009
Apart from the fact that it is not even required for christians to tithe as there is no christian teaching to support this heresy in the bible, tithers are actually at risk of loosing their salvation by trying to uphold an obsolete law. Galatians 5:4
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 26, 2009
to your last question,tithes are used in purchasing privates jets
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by schmuck(m): 5:33pm On Aug 26, 2009
Christians,

Do not be a dumb folk ,

Don't always believe what your pastors tell you.

Make findings yourselves. Read the Bible.

There is nowhere God asked anybody for a tenth of his income or earnings.

Your pastors & bishops are only fleecing you (the sheep), scamming you of
your hard earned money to live a good life.

Tithe was only meant to be paid by the Isrealites bc of the Levites.

How long will you allow your pastors/bishops to use Malachi to make money outta your pocket?
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by dafidixone(m): 5:47pm On Aug 26, 2009
Tithe is compulsory for Christians. But we must understand what tithes is as against what some "men of God" preach today. 10% of your Increase. What is an increase? An increase is the difference between your Old Income or property belonging and the present same.
For example, your salary is 100,000 in xyz year or month, when it is increased to say 150,000 , 50,000 become your increase. If you owe a property worth 10,000,000 in a particular area in xyz year and by valuation the cost of that property rise to say 20,000,000 then your increase is 10,000,000.

That is my humble perspective of what bible call tithes. Having undeerstand this, we must not delay in paying it to a bible beleiving church and obtain the blessing of the man of God in charge.

That is My perspective of the bible interpretation, not neccessarily to conform with any church policy.
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by schmuck(m): 5:57pm On Aug 26, 2009
@dafidixone,

It'd rather be good if you support your views with some verses from the Bible.

How come Jesus or other apostles did not command tithing to Christians?

Jesus and other apostles only talked about giving to the less fortunate (i.e people that are poor and in need)
and also offering.
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by PastorAIO: 6:10pm On Aug 26, 2009
abeg I fit add another question put?

What even under the old covenant was the purpose of Tithes? What I mean is, Is it a way to attract the financial boons from God or as a means to get remission of sins or what?
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by KunleOshob(m): 6:32pm On Aug 26, 2009
@dadifixone
Having read your last post i see you have scaled down on you initial dogmatic approach to tithes and rescinded a bit on the heresy, i suspect this may partly be dues to the exposition i did on tithes and the several lessons i gave you on the topic, however you are still holding on to this false teaching albeit loosely hence your new definition of it. The truth is that tithing is absolutely irrelevant to christian hence the reason why the apostles that were mandated to establish christianity NEVER preached it, in fact they went on to annull it in Hebrews 7:5-19. Well i thank God for your life as i see you are gradually moving away from the deluded heretical doctrine.
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 27, 2009
Aside from the controversy whether or not we should continue paying tithes,we have to look at tithe frequency at which tithe was paid in the Bible.

melchizedek tithe-once

levitical tithe-once in three years(deut 14:28,deut 26:12)

how come we have daily,monthly and weekly tithing in today's christianity
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by JPot: 8:13am On Aug 27, 2009
Jesus commended the old woman who put one mite to the altar. That was the only time Jesus commended any type of monetary offering done to religious leaders.

Tithing was never preached by the apostles, or by Jesus. Jesus said, "Give to Ceaser's that which is Ceaser's and God's what is God's" That means support God's work on earth in whatever way you can, if 1 mite is all you have to offer God accepts it from the heart.

Tithing doesn't determine salvation. Living for God to our fullest extent, however, does.
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by KunleOshob(m): 8:16am On Aug 27, 2009
chukwudi44:

how come we have daily,monthly and weekly tithing in today's christianity

Becos christianity as been highjacked by several gangsters who are care only about their own bellies. There were several prophesies in the bible that the faith would be highjacked by false teachers so you shouldn't be suprised.
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by dafidixone(m): 1:33pm On Aug 27, 2009
@dadifixone
Having read your last post i see you have scaled down on you initial dogmatic approach to tithes and rescinded a bit on the heresy, i suspect this may partly be dues to the exposition i did on tithes and the several lessons i gave you on the topic, however you are still holding on to this false teaching albeit loosely hence your new definition of it. The truth is that tithing is absolutely irrelevant to christian hence the reason why the apostles that were mandated to establish christianity NEVER preached it, in fact they went on to annull it in Hebrews 7:5-19. Well i thank God for your life as i see you are gradually moving away from the deluded heretical doctrine.

I am not a dogmatic Christian, I search for the truth in the scriptures. I know tithe is a command form God. What I feel we should address is the proportion of requested form us as a Christian.

I still want to emphasise here that defaulter in tithe payment is a Robber. A robber can not make heaven. Q.E.D smiley
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 27, 2009
@dadi
Please quote one single scripture that remotely even suggests that christians should tithe. Remember malachi was quoting from the defunct jewish law which was not passed down to christians.
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by dafidixone(m): 1:46pm On Aug 27, 2009
@dadi
Please quote one single scripture that remotely even suggests that christians should tithe. Remember malachi was quoting from the defunct jewish law which was not passed down to christians.

What other quotes are you expecting form me apart from those you already know?

Please stop being argumentative over the truth you need to accept.
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 27, 2009
I am not a mugu hence I don't accept twisted scripture as truth even if it came from the mouth of a high respected pastor. As far as I am concerned all compulsary tithe preaching pastors are either ignorant or they are crooks. The bible is clear on the defunct law of tithes I cannot be deceived.
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by Fredique(m): 2:59pm On Aug 27, 2009
I thought Erastus Akingbola was a heavy tither?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-315675.0.html
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by Isisasi: 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2009
@poster
do you know what schmuck means?
it means fool!
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by kolaoloye(m): 4:48pm On Aug 27, 2009
Right now the server is not at its best BRB
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by KunleOshob(m): 5:20pm On Aug 27, 2009
dafidixone:

I am not a dogmatic Christian, I search for the truth in the scriptures. I know tithe is a command form God. What I feel we should address is the proportion of requested form us as a Christian.

I still want to emphasise here that defaulter in tithe payment is a Robber. A robber can not make heaven. Q.E.D smiley

Well i see you are still struggling to hold on to the false teachings, i know it is not easy to let go off a beleif one as held on to for several years even when you realize it is wrong. People don't like admitting they have been taken for a ride hence they prefer to remain in their delusions. However can you show me how the once in three years tithing from agricultural produce commanded by God in the scriptures changed to monthly /weekly tithes from income now being preached by our preachers today. Please show clear scriptural directives to justify this chane else your response would easily be categorised as scriptural manipulation. Again i want you to read 2 peter 2:1-3 what did you think St peter was addressing here? Is is not false prophets who twist the scriptures for their own benefit? {now think who are the chief beneficiaries of tithes}

2 Peter 2:1-3:
The Danger of False Teachers

1 But there were also false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach destructive heresies and even deny the Master who bought them. In this way, they will bring sudden destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered. 3 In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed.
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by ogajim(m): 2:53am On Aug 28, 2009
Those who want to remain in bondage are entitled to it but don't EVER call me a "robber" just because I refuse to fill your belly and that of your "leader, pastor, whatever" because our Lord Jesus has no need for money, he OWNS the whole World and the heavenly galaxy including you. If you can't show scriptural proof but want to remain a zombie, leave me out of your delusion. If tithe was so important like the present day pimps/oles(we were warned about them so no surprises here) Jesus and his apostles would have addressed it like they did giving from the heart, helping the widows/orphans/poor and LOVE for one another among other teachings. It doesn't surprise me one bit because there are folks who spend a long time in jail, get released only to commit a crime shortly after that and go right back to jail. You have a right to use your resources any how you see fit but don't call me names just because I won't be cajoled into this foolery.

1 Like

Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 28, 2009
@ogajim
Spot on simply spot on.
Re: Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by kshow1(m): 11:40pm On Aug 28, 2009
ogajim:

Those who want to remain in bondage are entitled to it but don't EVER call me a "robber" just because I refuse to fill your belly and that of your "leader, pastor, whatever" because our Lord Jesus has no need for money, he OWNS the whole World and the heavenly galaxy including you. If you can't show scriptural proof but want to remain a zombie, leave me out of your delusion. If tithe was so important like the present day pimps/oles(we were warned about them so no surprises here) Jesus and his apostles would have addressed it like they did giving from the heart, helping the widows/orphans/poor and LOVE for one another among other teachings. It doesn't surprise me one bit because there are folks who spend a long time in jail, get released only to commit a crime shortly after that and go right back to jail. You have a right to use your resources any how you see fit but don't call me names just because I won't be cajoled into this foolery.

Nice Article

(1) (Reply)

Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies / Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? / See Top 10 Richest Pastors In Nigeria And Their Net Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.