Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,549 members, 7,850,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:20 AM

Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures (13143 Views)

Amaechi Inspects Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line, Promises Delivery By Year End (Photos) / EMU Trains For Lagos Light Rail Blue Line Ready For Shipping / Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Ready For Commercial Use In July – Amaechi(PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 08, 2016
Amaechi hasn't factored in two things that could make the projects prone to sabotage; 1). It is associated with Amaechi and 2). It is associated with Buhari's administration.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 08, 2016
They should stop promising for now, just work.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by joey150(m): 9:06am On Jun 08, 2016
obailala:
The planned rail is a standard gauge rail line which can accommodate modern high speed trains; not the refurbished pre-1960 narrow gauge line which you are presently riding on now which can only support slow trains.

If the present government can achieve just this, then it will be a nice achievement.

Stop the mediocrity.
We should urge them to do as many projects as they can. We are too behind already
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by Originality007: 9:08am On Jun 08, 2016
not my concern. my concern is when will railway come to Akure my hometown?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by dejavubobo1(m): 9:10am On Jun 08, 2016
quemod:
I can beat my chest anywhere and say this is another Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Nnasari Jonathan initiative.
Jonathan's King Kong beating chest fr their theif master

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by gare(f): 9:11am On Jun 08, 2016
maupe:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/lagos-ibadan-rail-line-ready-in-2-years-amaechi-assures/

Amaechi pls let's know if it's the one you started or you're completing the one from the previous administration, because you guys didn't see thing done by the previous administration, all they did was to loot according to APC
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by wayodude(m): 9:21am On Jun 08, 2016
I am not usually pessimistic but I am willing to wager £50 with someone that this will not happen as stated. cheesy
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by JuanDeDios: 9:40am On Jun 08, 2016
jaymejate:
Wait o, LAGOS to IBADAN as how. Are they planning to Renovate the existing track or construct another one? Cos i travel by train a lot and the line is from KANO to IBADAN, the same line goes from IBADAN to ABEOKUTA to LAGOS.

Probably that would be for UP TRAIN , LAGOS - IBADAN - KANO. But serious it won't make any difference, train time would still remain.
The time shouldn't remain same. I think they're modernising La-Kn and La-Ib is the first phase. What you have now is frankly a WW2-era rail system.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by egobetatoday: 9:46am On Jun 08, 2016
the UNCOMPLETED monorail expert !!

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by COMPAQ(m): 9:49am On Jun 08, 2016
Wildrage:
Amaechi should just deliver without making stupid promises of deadlines. How can someone who could not deliver 3km of rail in 8yrs be shamelessly giving deadline of 2yrs for 100km rail

I totally agree with you! Doing either of them in 2 years would be a stretch even in China with their renowned efficiency. In Nigeria it is 100% impossible. Consider that we have not even secured the right of way, much less design, talk less of construction.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by Bgorgeous: 10:06am On Jun 08, 2016
I trust you scatter anyday
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by Iko5000: 10:06am On Jun 08, 2016
Answer -- BIG FAT NO
OneManLegion:
The first two years of Lincoln's leadership were extremely hard times; the US was being routed by the confederates and the US fell from one economic woe to another.

But Lincoln had nothing if he didn't have resolve. He rose above the challenges and today, he's known as the greatest president US has ever produced.

He was also mocked when his administration was yet in its nascence.

Do you see the similarities between Lincoln and Buhari and the US of then and the Nigeria of now?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by COMPAQ(m): 10:08am On Jun 08, 2016
wayodude:
I am not usually pessimistic but I am willing to wager £50 with someone that this will not happen as stated. cheesy

Only £50 ke? I would go as high as £5000!
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by nevilbot: 10:14am On Jun 08, 2016
jaymejate:
Wait o, LAGOS to IBADAN as how. Are they planning to Renovate the existing track or construct another one? Cos i travel by train a lot and the line is from KANO to IBADAN, the same line goes from IBADAN to ABEOKUTA to LAGOS.

Probably that would be for UP TRAIN , LAGOS - IBADAN - KANO. But serious it won't make any difference, train time would still remain.

What Lagos to kano or other rail tracks in nigeria have is single gauge meaning its a single track and trains can't travel in both directions simultaneously. The train from Lagos will need to ist get to kano before anoda train can come from kano to Lagos else dey collide halfway.

Wat dey are going to build now is d double standard gauge that allows train travel in both directions at the same time like u av in advanced countries. Like this

Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by OneManLegion(m): 10:24am On Jun 08, 2016
Iko5000:
Answer -- BIG FAT NO
Of course, you didn't. I didn't ask blind people, though.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by Iamdipo: 10:25am On Jun 08, 2016
obailala:
The planned rail is a standard gauge rail line which can accommodate modern high speed trains; not the refurbished pre-1960 narrow gauge line which you are presently riding on now which can only support slow trains.

If the present government can achieve just this, then it will be a nice achievement.

Yes! it is a standard guage, but this project was handed over to the Buhari administration by GEJ, including the Lagos-Calabar standard guage line... this government is building on past administration effort. No big deal
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 08, 2016
Google63:
Your sense of humour and sarcasm is out of this world.
grin
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by obailala(m): 10:49am On Jun 08, 2016
Iamdipo:

Yes! it is a standard guage, but this project was handed over to the Buhari administration by GEJ, including the Lagos-Calabar standard guage line... this government is building on past administration effort. No big deal
...and you are obviously not aware of the fact that the project was handed over to UMY/GEJ by OBJ?

Wake up from your slumber bro and quit these childish "it is GEJ's idea" rants; GEJ is long gone and is no longer the president. What matters is not who 'thinks' about a project, it is he who executes it that matters. By the way, Abacha thought about introducing GSM technology to Nigeria and even made moves in that regard. But do you think it would be sensible to claim that GSM was introduced into Nigeria by Abacha?

Just for your info, the Nigerian rail modernisation masterplan has been in existence even before GEJ ever thought of joining PDP. The masterplan was eventually agreed and drawn under OBJ and Julius Berger was awarded a contract in OBJs first tenure to build the first Nigerian standard gauge rail (Warri to Ajaokuta), a project which was completed to 99% before OBJ left office. Furthermore, contracts were also signed by OBJ with the Chinese (CCECC) for the building of the Kaduna to Abuja and Lagos to Kano standard gauge rail lines just before OBJ handed over to UMY; these contracts were cancelled by UMY due to irregularities but GEJ came in and re-awarded the Abuja to Kaduna line which was built to 99% completion before he handed over to PMB.

I wonder where you got your own "it is GEJ's idea from," just like most other achievements by GEJ which were purely completion of projects initiatives by his predecessor, governance is all about continuity and what matters most is who executes and not who 'thinks' about an idea. Next time you should do well to do your homework before going public.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by Codes151(m): 11:08am On Jun 08, 2016
Amaechi Amaechi Amaechi!!! How many times I call u? Where the rail way u collect bar for?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:18am On Jun 08, 2016
favourmic:
Let wait and see
We will wait and see when the 2 years begin and when it will end
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by wolex81: 12:28pm On Jun 08, 2016
aminho:
madam with due respect i always like what you are writing but the characters are really irritating.the fact is its childish

She once boasted 'my mom has supermarket' when she was in web of argument with someone. Since then I concluded that anything she writes on here is out of her youthful exuberance. So irritating and nauseating with the way she descends on anything has progressive name on it. Plus she criticizes as if government is her mom's supermarket.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by aminho(m): 1:00pm On Jun 08, 2016
wolex81:

She once boasted 'my mom has supermarket' when she was in web of argument with someone. Since then I concluded that anything she writes on here is out of her youthful exuberance. So irritating and nauseating with the way she descends on anything has progressive name on it. Plus she criticizes as if government is her mom's supermarket.
thank you my brother ive been on nairaland 8years now but the things am seeing now is totally different a little correction will bring about insult
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by Phobia1: 1:30pm On Jun 08, 2016
Wildrage:
Amaechi should just deliver without making stupid promises of deadlines. How can someone who could not deliver 3km of rail in 8yrs be shamelessly giving deadline of 2yrs for 100km rail
bcoz its fed money nd a state
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by nevilbot: 4:49pm On Jun 08, 2016
obailala:
...and you are obviously not aware of the fact that the project was handed over to UMY/GEJ by OBJ?

Wake up from your slumber bro and quit these childish "it is GEJ's idea" rants; GEJ is long gone and is no longer the president. What matters is not who 'thinks' about a project, it is he who executes it that matters. By the way, Abacha thought about introducing GSM technology to Nigeria and even made moves in that regard. But do you think it would be sensible to claim that GSM was introduced into Nigeria by Abacha?

Just for your info, the Nigerian rail modernisation masterplan has been in existence even before GEJ ever thought of joining PDP. The masterplan was eventually agreed and drawn under OBJ and Julius Berger was awarded a contract in OBJs first tenure to build the first Nigerian standard gauge rail (Warri to Ajaokuta), a project which was completed to 99% before OBJ left office. Furthermore, contracts were also signed by OBJ with the Chinese (CCECC) for the building of the Kaduna to Abuja and Lagos to Kano standard gauge rail lines just before OBJ handed over to UMY; these contracts were cancelled by UMY due to irregularities but GEJ came in and re-awarded the Abuja to Kaduna line which was built to 99% completion before he handed over to PMB.

I wonder where you got your own "it is GEJ's idea from," just like most other achievements by GEJ which were purely completion of projects initiatives by his predecessor, governance is all about continuity and what matters most is who executes and not who 'thinks' about an idea. Next time you should do well to do your homework before going public.

Guy, the kind blessing wey God wan dash u for this epic response, Him still dey cook am in a bountiful way. Thank u for giving this very sensible response to those "its gej's idea" idiots. Very soon hypertension over gej's defeat that dey can't get over will kill them. Navy commissioned sumtin yesterday, one idiot said its gej idea but they refuse to accept that the economic downturn of today is due to gej's incompetence.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 11, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dependant Visa Application In The UK / Lagos Council To Roll Out 200 Electric Mini Cabs In March / LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.