Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,391 members, 7,819,403 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech (29161 Views)

Video Of Abacha's Speech After Shonekan's Resignation Shared By Gumsu Abacha / The Last Outing Of Abacha With Yasir Arafat - In Picture / The Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by cnwokike(m): 2:16pm On Jun 08, 2016
Abacha was the best Head of State we ever had. I love that Man
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by jaafree: 2:17pm On Jun 08, 2016
Had Abacha still been alive we would've being under dictatorship I tell u. He is just a merciless somebody. Buh I like him thou!
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by Hustlerlomo(m): 2:21pm On Jun 08, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I am confused. Did Abacha overthrow Shagari?

No... Shagari throwover Abacha.

1 Like

Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by Ranchhoddas: 2:21pm On Jun 08, 2016
Jimbadly:

Yes, he executed the coup but allowed Buhari to ascend to power as the head of state with the understanding that he'll be allowed to rule years later.
But this speech was read 18 years ago. Was Shagari overthrown 18 years ago.
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by Ranchhoddas: 2:22pm On Jun 08, 2016
Hustlerlomo:

No... Shagari throwover Abacha.
Fool at 40.
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by Loonyy(m): 2:23pm On Jun 08, 2016
Abacha would have thrived were it not for the cold hands of death
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by ezinnajacob(m): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2016
Abeg na hero? abi dead man,which one is he

Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by Jimbadly: 2:31pm On Jun 08, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
But this speech was read 18 years ago. Was Shagari overthrown 18 years ago.

Who said the speech was read 18 years ago? Abacha died on this day 18 years ago, precisely on the 8 of June 1998. Please don't tell me you're less than 18 years old and were not yet born then.
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by tmlewin13(m): 2:36pm On Jun 08, 2016
Fineboi2:
You guyz should free this man now he is long dead

YES! You're right bro but the pains he inflicted on us still appears fresh
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by meltiplexer: 2:42pm On Jun 08, 2016
CARLOSZ:
[size=18pt]I remember how my dad danced and kissed my mum the day it was announced that this cannibal is dead.

The radio was a Trident1409
That was the first time my dad kissed my mum before my young eyes.

And yet, Buhari is calling him a saint.

He should continue[/size]

I can remember people are dancing,making abacha akara for free
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by Ranchhoddas: 2:52pm On Jun 08, 2016
Jimbadly:

Who said the speech was read 18 years ago? Abacha died on this day 18 years ago, precisely on the 8 of June 1998. Please don't tell me you're less than 18 years old and were not yet born then.
Okay I get. I misread the OP, or rather the OP is misleading.
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by piagetskinner(m): 2:55pm On Jun 08, 2016
We keep on hearing recycled speeches.. ..like a professor who refuses to update his syllabus and expects his students to be at par with the international community
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by FuckTheM0ds(m): 3:01pm On Jun 08, 2016
EmmyUrch:
He was a useless man just like the general ruling us now...
hahahahahahahaha take am easy o
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by FuckTheM0ds(m): 3:07pm On Jun 08, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
no mind the yeye o.p. It was the government of General Ibrahim Babangida that toppled the government of Gen Buhari after the latter took over from ShehuShagari in 1983, Gen Abacha took over from Babangida.
Those guys up there are poor History/Government students
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by FuckTheM0ds(m): 3:13pm On Jun 08, 2016
Jimbadly:
Good riddance. The man would have been a sit-tight head of state. God dispatched him to hell with alacrity.
are you telling me that Abacha is in hell fire?
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by Northboy(m): 3:19pm On Jun 08, 2016
My history is a little hazy. Please correct me if I am wrong. Did Abacha overthrew Shagari or Shonekan? Was it in 1984 or 1993?
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by Mufasa27(m): 3:19pm On Jun 08, 2016
Bolustic:
His death was one of the best things to have happened to this country. It's just a pity that we have a little to show for it.

Even your returned loots were relooted and misappropriated under the supervision of someone who never had shoes.

What a pity!!!
This present government had also benefitted from the so called abacha loot, so think before pointing accusing finger.
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by Northboy(m): 3:22pm On Jun 08, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
no mind the yeye o.p. It was the government of General Ibrahim Babangida that toppled the government of Gen Buhari after the latter took over from ShehuShagari in 1983, Gen Abacha took over from Babangida.
Those guys up there are poor History/Government students
Abacha took power from the interim government led by chief Ernest Shonekan not IBB
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 08, 2016
Bolustic:
His death was one of the best things to have happened to this country. It's just a pity that we have a little to show for it.

Even your returned loots were relooted and misappropriated under the supervision of someone who never had shoes.

What a pity!!!
Abiola and Rewane obviously get scores to settle with Abacha in heaven...
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by Mavrick2012: 3:39pm On Jun 08, 2016
kasheemawo:
the legend
ya,because of the love of PMB,the man who murdered kashimawo Abiola has become a "legend".smh
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by Mavrick2012: 3:40pm On Jun 08, 2016
kasheemawo:
the legend
ya,because of the love of PMB,the man who indirectly murdered kashimawo Abiola has become a "legend".smh
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by Generalyemi(m): 3:41pm On Jun 08, 2016
mccoy47:

Yes he is long dead but his deeds still affects us and our unborn children!

your unborn children
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by nuclearBb5791(m): 4:08pm On Jun 08, 2016
Life on earth is maximum margin of 150 yrs..then one is almost begging death to come...life is having a big microprocessor called the mind... where over 70,000 toughts comes in and out... is processed and either acted upon or not..A God awating our good works or bad work... accountability day!!.. weather we are influenced by mind to do only wrong or right we must give account.."Vanity upon Vanity all is Vanity"...Its time to consciously focus upon sincere affection and love for one another.. Violence is foolishness and never constructive in its end...
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by Ahmedhussain3463: 4:19pm On Jun 08, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
yes e was a frontier in d coup bt under their arrangement buhari will lead the country as d chairman of d supreme military council!other folks dt pertake in d coup are gen ibrahim babangida and brigadier gen ibrahim bako bt nw late!is just like d coup major oziegwu kaduna executed bt aguyi ironsi is d major benefactor!abacha and ibb has coup in there dna!
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by nijanigga: 4:22pm On Jun 08, 2016
most of the touts ranting in this room were not born, or still sucking breast when Abacha first announced his first coup.
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by Jimbadly: 4:46pm On Jun 08, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
are you telling me that Abacha is in hell fire?

Absolutely. In the hottest part of hell.
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by FuckTheM0ds(m): 4:49pm On Jun 08, 2016
Jimbadly:

Absolutely. In the hottest part of hell.
hahahaiahaha amor the thing pain you die.
hell is not a place you'd even wish boko haram o if only you have a clue of how evil that place is.
It defies DESCRIPTION
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by patooo: 5:37pm On Jun 08, 2016
Rip abacha
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by Denchturbo: 5:38pm On Jun 08, 2016
I wanna laugh. The first paragraph can be copied word for word in a speech today and hold true. Some nations grow, Nigeria remains stagnant, smh
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by RUDEBOYY(m): 5:38pm On Jun 08, 2016
OK
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by magzey: 6:47pm On Jun 08, 2016
Yungwizzzy:
when is buhari dying?

osibanjo my president!!!

KESHI WAS THINKING OF FLYING BACK TO U.S. TODAY HE IS NO MORE. SO BEWARE DONT WISH SOME BODY DEAD YOU ARE NOT AN EXCEPTION. think twice dude. pls learn some manners. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 08, 2016
magzey:

KESHI WAS THINKING OF FLYING BACK TO U.S. TODAY HE IS NO MORE. SO BEWARE DONT WISH SOME BODY DEAD YOU ARE NOT AN EXCEPTION. think twice dude. pls learn some manners. undecided undecided undecided

GnD

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode: Tinubu, Osinbajo Will Be Crushed After Magu / $500m Chinese Debt Sparks Confusion In Airport Concession / Senator Elisha Abbo Dumps PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.