Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,364 members, 7,850,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:43 PM

Hypocrisy And Double Standards Of The Fulani Herdsmen. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hypocrisy And Double Standards Of The Fulani Herdsmen. (548 Views)

The Dead Bodies Of The Fulani Youths Killed In Yorro LGA, Taraba (Graphic Photo) / Couple Killed Along With Others By Fulani Herdsmen In Taraba. Graphic Photos / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Shimba In Adamawa By 12 Midnight. Burn Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hypocrisy And Double Standards Of The Fulani Herdsmen. by amodu(m): 11:12am On Jun 08, 2016
Nowadays, the cattle rearers are one of the most popular set of people in the country.

This is due to their unauthorized grazing of farm lands from North Central (Benue State), to South East (Enugu State), to South West (Ondo State) leading to destruction of farm produce, huge debts for the owner and clashes between the two parties (farmers and herdsmen).

Agonising cries and lamentations have become chewing gum of farmers due to their atrocities in another man's land.

Amazingly, it isn't so with their fellow Hausa and Fulani brothers as proper arrangements are done and agreements reached before grazing takes place.

I am a Corp member presently serving in Kano State but for security reasons I won't be divulging the Local Government where I am serving and witnessed this double standard and self-centered scenario.

There is a water-melon plantation close to my lodge, some days ago the farmer sold half of his harvest, four times loading of a bus. The following day Friday, we saw the farmer with some Fulanis discussing unknown to us it was negotiations and necessary payments for grazing.

Saturday Morning, we saw them again marking lines to create demarcations for respective Fulanis and their cattles. In the afternoon, they led their cattles to the farm in batches with proper monitoring not to graze beyond their portion.

To further astonished me, they didn't extend their grazings into the other half yet to be harvested.

For them to be practicing this peaceful co-existence and mutual relationship among themselves and failed to reciprocate such to those not of them, then it is a pointer that they have set out to frustrate their host communities, wreck havoc and destruction, ruin, maim and mutilate them.

Grazing bill or not, they (Fulanis) are aware of what to do but have decided to neglect and do otherwise.

Cc:
Lalasticlala
Yokiti
Jayloms

Re: Hypocrisy And Double Standards Of The Fulani Herdsmen. by Coolgent(m): 6:03pm On Jun 08, 2016
Re: Hypocrisy And Double Standards Of The Fulani Herdsmen. by amodu(m): 12:14am On Jun 09, 2016
Coolgent:
Are you booking space or what
Re: Hypocrisy And Double Standards Of The Fulani Herdsmen. by Coolgent(m): 4:53am On Jun 09, 2016
amodu:

Are you booking space or what
Yes so that i can spare it as grazing zone for Fulani grin
Re: Hypocrisy And Double Standards Of The Fulani Herdsmen. by amodu(m): 10:41am On Jun 09, 2016
Coolgent:
Yes so that i can spare it as grazing zone for Fulani grin
I see
So that you can also negotiate with them and collect goodies.

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Militants Announce Ceasefire, Negotiates Immediate Release Of Kanu / Graphic Photos: Little Boy Kidnapped, Killed And Dumped In A Bush. SEE REASON! / My Experience With the Nigeria Police along Okene Road Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.