Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

My Experience With the Nigeria Police along Okene Road Today - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With the Nigeria Police along Okene Road Today (544 Views)

Reverend Sister Kidnapped In Okene, Kogi State (Photo) / Pregnant Woman Stabbed To Death In Okene, Kogi State By A Drug Addict / Robbery And Kidnapping On Lokoja Okene Road(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With the Nigeria Police along Okene Road Today by Harrisonwo(m): 12:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
On our way back from owerri through Okene heading to Abuja after a stressed burial ceremony of my grandfather (RIP), we were stopped by a Team of Police Men, a combination of MOPOL men and a blue top on black clothe men.
The issue on ground, why is the engine of the car not documented. Abeg oo, when that one start undecided. I was surprise ooo
We don pass Road safety, VIO and other police checkpoints and no issue about engine documentation was raised. In fact, our papers was complete and up to date (months away from expiration) . Na so the police men hold us there oo even on top the abeg wey my popsman dey do.
They said we will go to the station and from there head to court shocked shocked shocked. Na so we go dey?
I stood on my right that there is nothing like vehicle engine number documents and the police men got angry and started saying that I want to show them that am learned, say we go see. Na so my father come change hand for me oo. I was too vexed because I know their aim is to extort money illegally from our hand but I had to leave there because of the tension there. Even the police men noticed that I no get smile for face, what can I do? Na them hold gun, anyhow them fit misfire and claim accidential discharge.
At the end, they collected #500 before they allowed us go.
I want to use this media to call on the inspector general of police and all Nigerians to help forward my complaint to the right authorities. The NPF is a noble profession but some unrepentant bad eggs have continue to bastardize the profession. I was able to get the ring leader's name : O. Abayomi with number 366826, his rank is 2 red stripes probably a corporal.
From what I observed along that lane, they have turned there to a MMM(money making machine).

Cc: Seun, lalastical abeg would be grateful if you help me forward to the front page
Re: My Experience With the Nigeria Police along Okene Road Today by WebSurfer(m): 1:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
Because of 500 naira only Bros...
Re: My Experience With the Nigeria Police along Okene Road Today by Harrisonwo(m): 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
WebSurfer:
Because of 500 naira only Bros...

No be even about the money, it's the manner those guys use. They held us for over 15mins over nothing b4 they come make their demand. I for one don't support extortion. If I am to give u smething, better come plain lyk oga anything for the boys.
To you #500 is small, now multiply it by 100-500 people and see the difference
Re: My Experience With the Nigeria Police along Okene Road Today by dikeigbo2(m): 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2016
Police is always your friend, no matter what happens grin grin grin

To be documented in their book of life grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Police Officer Constitutes Public Nuisance / Are These Creeks Impenetrable? / Female Sudent Jailed For Killing Neighbour With Hot Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.