Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

HOOKED - A Short Masterpiece Of Fiction By Ifunanya A. Okoli - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / HOOKED - A Short Masterpiece Of Fiction By Ifunanya A. Okoli (543 Views)

Purified Tomorrow: The Mad Awakening (A Science Fiction) By Akinjide Akintayo / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) / Caleb (Non-human Fiction) By Safarigirl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HOOKED - A Short Masterpiece Of Fiction By Ifunanya A. Okoli by ChifysWorld: 11:48am On Jun 08, 2016
Hooked 1

He sat in his taxi yelling "wuse wuse wuse" when his eye caught the sight of a young lemon skinned lady, standing near an electric pole waiting to cross the road. Slender and of average height, but what caught his interest most was her dressing. she was dressed in a yellow and orange suit, short skirt and black hose with a black neat pointed shoe. "wow" he taught " "beautiful! so elegant"
"wuse" a passenger asked through the window of the car interrupting his thoughts. "eh?" he asked startled "wuse" the passenger asked again. "yes wuse" he replied " "enter" the passenger opened the front door and jumped in he shot a glance back at the spot where the young lady had been standing but she was not there any more.
He went back to his calling for passengers "wuse wuse" he called out two more people got in to his cab and he took off as he called . He stock his head out to shout out a greeting to a friend "broda!" he called out "ey AB" the other cab driver called out to him in response to his greeting. Its time to hustle he thought to himself as he drove away .

Lara hurried from her office in wuse to the main road, she stopped to look before she could cross the road to the other side where she would get a taxi to her House in Gwarimpa . She had to be careful of the cars rushing to and for on the road.
Lara ignored the glances and stares she got from men passing by and driving by, and the up and down looks she got from a few ladies as well the cat calling from touts. "fine geh where?" "Fine geh you dea go?". Lara crossed over and walked up to the bus stop where a taxi drove up and called out to her federal housing gwarimpa! She looked shocked at the driver but then she got in thinking how on earth could he call the exact location of her house. The taxi man looked back at her and grinned with white teeth " are you surprised I know where you are going?" "yes, should i not be ? she replied" "would you like me to tell you more about your self?" he asked "nooooo please" she said " its weird enough that a complete stranger knows where I live" she replied and the passengers in the cab laughed. The cab stopped to drop off and pick up some new passengers. " no fear" he said as he did that. " I saw you this morning come out of the federal housing gate and watched you as you waited to cross the road and your dressing caught my attention" "ooh" she said feeling very relieved. " I guessed that would be where you lived." he continued. " I said to my self very soon you would get married and that's how your wife should dress to work, though I haven't found the wife yet" . oh boy here we go with the wife talk Lara thought to herself. "I would pray along with you" she said. "oh would you? pray she follows me to my country too" he said. Lara looked at the driver and smiled. He spoke flawless English with an impeccable accent. She wondered about him. " so you work around here" he asked "yes" she answered. " I would like to work close to you there at NNPC that's the next place I want to work" he said. Lara looked at him and smiled. They were almost at her place. " when you come out tomorrow I would take a picture of you and update my status if you looked as smart as you do today". "Hmmm" she said as they got out of the taxi when they had gotten to her stop. "keep looking smart" he called out to her.

AB laid down on his bed and reflected on his day. It was a good day but it was also a regular day, except for the one detail that stood out, the "beauty in the suit". He could still see her clearly in his mind; he thought of her and smiled. He could still see her beautiful smiling face in his minds eye as he drifted off to sleep.

Lara rolled the suit she had worn to work and dumped it in the dirty cloth basket at the far corner of her room. She remembered the cab driver and smiled. I never got to ask him his name, she thought. well...no need. She said her prayer and laid herself down to sleep. Funny how the thought of the cab driver who spoke good English kept creeping up her mind. What she couldn't understand was why she couldn't help smiling every time a thought of him crossed her mind. Maybe next time I will ask him his name" she thought to herself as she fell asleep.
to be continued... kiss

For the Six parts of the Hooked series follow the link below.
Hooked 1: http://chifysworld..com.ng/2016/02/hooked.html
Hooked 2: http://chifysworld..com.ng/2016/02/hooked-2.html
Hooked 3: http://chifysworld..com.ng/2016/03/hooked-3.html
Hooked 4: http://chifysworld..com.ng/2016/03/hooked-4.html
Hooked 5: http://chifysworld..com.ng/2016/03/hooked-5.html
Hooked 6 - Finale: http://chifysworld..com.ng/2016/05/hooked-6.html

Don't forget to like, Comment, and Share the link here and on other Social Media Platform grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Malum-in-se Episode 2 / The Dilemma Of Rice! / White Dress (a Story On Class Segregation And The Power Of Love)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.