Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm (53916 Views)

My Watermelon Farm Turn Cassava Farm / The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) / Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by SuperSuave(m): 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2016
Good day boys and girls, I wanted to create this thread about two weeks ago but data dey do me ojoro since Mtn stopped giving out free 20mb cry embarassed but it's good I now have something to manage.

I really wanted to plant something since everything I needed was readily available.

I started a watermelon farm with the first heavy rain of the year in Ilorin, Kwara state. Prior to that time I researched some basic procedures and other things about watermelon farming like the planting time, type of seed to be planted(wet or dry), spacing, depth and some other things. I stumbled upon a thread on Nairaland during my research.

I'll comment on the pictures I'll post as we roll

The farm is in my compound, just beside where we dump and burn garbage. The soil is sandy loam.

28 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by SuperSuave(m): 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2016
Week 7- you can see nylon underneath the fruits, I was trying to prevent rot grin

Week 8- The nylon was retaining water so opted for banana leaves
..,........-I made a small tomatoes bed beside the watermelon farm as tomato don turn gold for market grin

Week 10- Those two are almost ready for harvest
.....you can see the maize I planted in between the watermelons

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by SuperSuave(m): 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2016
Week 10- I was inspecting the farm on a Saturday and saw those ones spoilt and some being eaten up
-Those are the bastaard pests grin I mostly see underneath or beside the fruits, I don't even know the name

week 11- just before harvesting the one on the right

22 Likes 1 Share

I'll consider this a success viewing the second picture wink

The second harvest was about 4days after the first, I noticed it cracked beneath so I harvested it immediately

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by mazimee(m): 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
Where are the pictures

Modified
I so much love it when I see young people engaging in Agriculture. God bless your hustle Sir. If you decide to wait for this Government, it means that you have just decided to waste your time. The future is too close to waste even a second.

112 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by SuperSuave(m): 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
Coming

mazimee:
Where are the pictures
calm down sir, lemme book space first grin

5 Likes

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by Badgers14: 1:20pm On Jun 08, 2016
Good for you sir, instead of sit down dey wait for bubu's 5k.. You went right to work grin grin

May God Bless our hussles cool

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by MrKong: 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2016
I'm planning to establish one in Ilorin too when I'm back

But it looks like the productivity isn't great at that your pics
Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by SuperSuave(m): 1:46pm On Jun 08, 2016
MrKong:
I'm planning to establish one in Ilorin too when I'm back

But it looks like the productivity isn't great at that your pics
It's just a small farm sir and at the rate northerners bring in watermelon to this place I don't think it will be marketable
Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by MrKong: 2:47pm On Jun 08, 2016
SuperSuave:

It's just a small farm sir and at the rate northerners bring in watermelon to this place I don't think it will be marketable
Doesn't matter, if there isn't market for it those people won't be bringing it at that rate...all you need to do is market appraisal, ask the ordinary Hausa man selling the water melon where you can buy in bulk, go to the place and price like you actually want to buy. Introduce yourself as a farmer who would like to be supplying them at a cheaper rate and easier way. Trust me, people want easy money grin

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by SuperSuave(m): 3:43pm On Jun 08, 2016
mazimee:
Where are the pictures

Modified
I so much love it when I see young people engaging in Agriculture. God bless your hustle Sir. If you decide to wait for this Government, you will just decided to waste your time. The future is too close to waste even a second.
thank you sir but I was just experimenting and having fun

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by SuperSuave(m): 3:46pm On Jun 08, 2016
MrKong:

Doesn't matter, if there isn't market for it those people won't be bringing it at that rate...all you need to do is market appraisal, ask the ordinary Hausa man selling the water melon where you can buy in bulk, go to the place and price like you actually want to buy. Introduce yourself as a farmer who would like to be supplying them at a cheaper rate and easier way. Trust me, people want easy money grin
Northerners are too loyal to their people sir. I thought about this too

16 Likes

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by Pavore9: 4:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
SuperSuave:

Then research on what they don't bring in.

2 Likes

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by MrKong: 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2016
SuperSuave:
Northerners are too loyal to their people sir. I thought about this too
That just because they trust someone who can speak their language...assuming you understand abit

2 Likes

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by SmileXtraone: 8:26pm On Jun 08, 2016
Good
Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by ireneony(f): 8:27pm On Jun 08, 2016
It looks nice though I'm not a fan of watermelon.

1 Like

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by anochuko01(m): 8:28pm On Jun 08, 2016
I love water melon like........
even if I'm offered in dream, I'll finish it! we're so into each other to the extent that it can't be used to bewitch me!;/D

6 Likes

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by Stancity(m): 8:29pm On Jun 08, 2016
Nice one bro... Agricullture is the way forward now..... More grace!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by legendary4luv(m): 8:29pm On Jun 08, 2016
nice

1 Like

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by dgysoft(m): 8:29pm On Jun 08, 2016
A beg wetin una de talk about
Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by Medunah: 8:32pm On Jun 08, 2016
Op fine though

11 Likes

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by epini(m): 8:32pm On Jun 08, 2016
nothing do u my brother....could u pls put me through on how to go abt d first stage..

1 Like

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 08, 2016
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by chainsaw11: 8:32pm On Jun 08, 2016
good

1 Like

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by macaranta(m): 8:33pm On Jun 08, 2016
Nice
You can teach Nigerians farming ...see my signature.

1 Like

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by chigoizie7(m): 8:34pm On Jun 08, 2016
Good
Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by Youngetskilz23(m): 8:34pm On Jun 08, 2016
i see a millionaire in the making. more grease to your elbow bros. with more wisdom. sorry about the emptyhen saga grin

3 Likes

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by vicky3(m): 8:34pm On Jun 08, 2016
Nice one bro i love the spirit same thing here but my farm manager harvested and could not drop any fund wish if we could do something together i have 3 arces of land in oke odan

20 Likes

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by Youngmaster0(m): 8:35pm On Jun 08, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by KINGS100(m): 8:38pm On Jun 08, 2016
God bless your hustle bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm by jeron1(m): 8:38pm On Jun 08, 2016
SuperSuave:
Week 7- you can see nylon underneath the fruits, I was trying to prevent rot grin
Week 8- The nylon was retaining water so opted for banana leaves
..,........-I made a small tomatoes bed beside the watermelon farm as tomato don turn gold for market grin
Week 10- Those two are almost ready for harvest
.....you can see the maize I planted in between the watermelons

dont let anyone deceive u... Most of the water melon we eat here are not from the north... people r making millions from the south just from planting r water melon. if u think im lieing, visit ogun state or edo state on ur way to auchi

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rice And Garri Sack Printing / How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. / 50 metres diameters Rain Guns For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.