Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,885 members, 7,814,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives (7760 Views)

Meet The Mango Flavored Malaria Drug Saving Lives In Nigeria At The Moment / Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? / The Foot Prosthesis Thats Saving Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives by Inspectahdeck(m): 11:35am On Jun 12, 2016
Great
Re: Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 12, 2016
ZORO47:
God has come to help the poor
to help the poor an same time make the doctors go hungry? This doctors whom seems like they prioritized money over life , should they tell you the cases they've gone through you will feel for them. I guess there sanctioning goes to government hospitals not private hospitals. Some Doctors barely feed their family all in the name helping out. You can help out bro but not in nigeria, the whites could achieve that because they have "health insurance" but here in nigeria every thing is "mago mago"
Re: Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives by Onegai(f): 12:16pm On Jun 12, 2016
remedick:
I understand your point and also understand the situation of things in the country. She seem like someone with a good heart but circumstances around her wouldn't let exercise those gesture towards mankind as God would want her to.

I therefore expect her to at least support the motion since she didn't own the clinic where she is being treated for being kind to people but she sounded like if she own her own hospital tomorrow, she would neglect people in need. Nobody chose the horrible predicament that befell them because we have no control over certain things.

Have you seen a video of a pregnant woman who needed urgent medical attention because one of her twin died in her womb, wherein she was neglected because of medical bills and she died right there at the front of the hospital and the unqualified sister had to slit her tummy with a blade to save the second twin however she lost that one too. Stupid Africans stood by to video the happenings and circulate it instead of helping get helped however possible.

There has to be some sort of programmes in place by the health ministry to help curb such problems when they occur like we have in developed worlds. Or why do some Nigerians travel to the UK with pregnancy just abuse the medical system over there and unfairly flees tax payers hard earned money? According a report by a Nairlander some months ago, one Nigerian woman was refused in the UK because she couldn't pay the medical bills and they refused her from taken advantage of their medical system. She had to come back here but unfortunately, she died before she could make it. Imagine the stupidity.

Something has to be done, something can be done.

Why not ask the average Nigerian to be honest before asking the average medical practitioner to be empathetic? Because I'm sure if you sold goods in the market or were a landlord, you would demand your money or sent immediately it is due and ignore the fact that somewhere, that nurse or doctor used their money to save a life. I'm no medical practitioner but I support the practise of refusing patients who don't pay up. Imagine a doctor catching a patient who rushed his wife for an unpaid emergency delivery, sneaking her and the baby out. Meanwhile the man had ordered for a goat for the naming ceremony. Or the doctor who couldn't get married till he was in his late 30s, because he couldn't afford to support a salary (due to working in govt hospital and running a private where people liked begging not to pay).

Have you ever in your life forgiven a debt by a medical staff?

When Nigerians become honest, I'll support this move. Besides, everyone should have an emergency fund on a card somewhere, ready for anything. We will quickly find money to replace handset but no funds for emergency healthcare. Jokers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives by obbasiasa(m): 12:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
MrKong:
I hope it includes jail time...some doctors are psychopaths and they don't even realize it. especially those who hide behind order, leaving emergency victims to die in agony
funny, although I don't think that the person that is making this statement is serious,
Will a Doctor go to buy fuel and tell them that he is a doctor and they will give him fuel free?
Will a Doctor go to market and tell them that he is a doctor and get all the item he need free?
It there health care benefit for Doctors?
Was these Doctors trained on free scholarship by the Nigerian government?
In developed countries, they have working health insurance that cover for health care for all citizenry
So I repeat that this person is a comedian

1 Like

Re: Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives by segkay1(m): 12:20pm On Jun 12, 2016
Well,its easier said than done. How many people will u help before u go broke. Salaries are not regular... The system is a failure! Doctors are humans, they have family,personal responsibilities. For private hospitals,u need to be involved in hospital management to understand their plights and y they demand for deposits. Healthcare is expensive

1 Like

Re: Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives by segkay1(m): 12:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
Onegai:

Why not ask the average Nigerian to be honest before asking the average medical practitioner to be empathetic? Because I'm sure if you sold goods in the market or were a landlord, you would demand your money or sent immediately it is due and ignore the fact that somewhere, that nurse or doctor used their money to save a life. I'm no medical practitioner but I support the practise of refusing patients who don't pay up. Imagine a doctor catching a patient who rushed his wife for an unpaid emergency delivery, sneaking her and the baby out. Meanwhile the man had ordered for a goat for the naming ceremony. Or the doctor who couldn't get married till he was in his late 30s, because he couldn't afford to support a salary (due to working in govt hospital and running a private where people liked begging not to pay).

When Nigerians become honest, I'll support this move. Besides, everyone should have an emergency fund on a card somewhere, ready for anything. We will quickly find money to replace handset but no funds for emergency healthcare. Jokers!

i agree with u. The system is a failure. An HIV +ve pregnant woman who had a previous C.S. came in labour. Family promised to pay for the CS. After it was done,they brought 20k after a week. She was in the ward for a month. The director had to let her go... Meanwhile,the hospital was at a loss by doing that. How many will u forfeit
Re: Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives by nneh1(f): 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2016
Of a truth it is HEALTH is WEALTH not Wealth is health. I was relieved of my duty by a local government because I refused to priotize money over health and people's wellbeing. I pray God help me. People are sick and all that comes in some people's mind is money. God will see me through.
Re: Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives by remedick: 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2016
Onegai:

Well, just hope you do not find yourself in a helpless situation. You might feel it will never happen but life is forked your know? Albeit, I understand your as present therein--we should protect our own interest rather than being sympathetic.
Re: Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives by jokingmary(m): 12:36pm On Jun 12, 2016
How will the government fight the government?
Re: Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives by DedeNkem: 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
Nigerian healthcare is one of the worst in the world.
Re: Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives by Zellie: 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
PoisonedOne:
Good one. Nigerian Doctors are so inure to death that human lives worth nothing to them anymore. How can one watch people die just because they were not able to make the initial deposit demanded by the hospital before they could be attended to.

They are all after the money, no one cares about the lives. sad
so its okay for them to go hungry
Re: Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives by timeandchance76(m): 1:58pm On Jun 12, 2016
They should start from goverment hospital first. I can't blame private hospital that need to pays staff, buy drugs, buy fuel for their generator, pay goverment agencies. ETC
Re: Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives by captain11: 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
we 'er tired of doctors going on strike every time. the new generations doctors they 'er after money not to safe live. this is a country doctors when there litter dispute at all the next thing is strike action.
Re: Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives by Cityguy: 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2016
So many things you guys would not understand. The government mouthing penalty knows that's just playing politics and being politically correct. We characteristically concern ourselves with the outcome and chooses to ignore what goes into making things happen. We can only await this eldorado of healthcare delivery in this country. Hope it lands well and safely.
Re: Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives by Realtouchnot: 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
Bunch of jokers! Always spewing rubbish. Sanction my foot.
Mtchww!
Re: Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives by pragmatistm(m): 4:22am On Jun 13, 2016
Before this can be done, there should be an all encompassing national health insurance for all citizens/residents of this country. It is actually possible. This can be funded by means of a tax system. For instance, the TetFUND programme is funded by 2% on profit tax from Nigerian companies.
Re: Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives by blank(f): 4:54am On Jun 13, 2016
remedick:

According a report by a Nairlander some months ago, one Nigerian woman was refused in the UK because she couldn't pay the medical bills and they refused her from taken advantage of their medical system. She had to come back here but unfortunately, she died before she could make it. Imagine the stupidity.

So, even UK prioritised money over rendering service. Why didn't they treat her and then collect money whenever?
Re: Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives by boladez(m): 5:49am On Jun 13, 2016
I think the government should start with its own personnel in Government hospitals. Just get them to have a little less of apathy...start with that and lets see

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat / Burst And Hip Enlargement Therapy / Aju Mbaise For Weight Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.