Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,758 members, 7,840,952 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Does The Bible Confuse You Too? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Confuse You Too? (4496 Views)

Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! / Don't Let Any Prophet Confuse You As A Real Christian / 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Does The Bible Confuse You Too? by aminusanti(m): 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2016
benjibabs:

Exactly what I was talking about. What has anybody (including your humble self) gained from all you have typed ? A better approach will be for you to come here and tell the Christians the good things Islam has to offer; stop trying to discredit the bible by gleaning fabricated info from the internet. You have been confronted with the truth about your book of Barnabas and tantrum is your best response. Anyways, just like your other brothers that have been peddling the same false info about Christianity on this forum, you will soon run out of the thread with your tail between your legs. grin grin grin

Ok. Next
Re: Does The Bible Confuse You Too? by tete7000(m): 10:48pm On Nov 03, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
How can be a good christian when I don't understand the bible. Too many questions to ask! I know the ten commandments were given in the old testament, I also know it still applies to present day christians, what I don't get is why there is a 'thou shalt not kill' in the commandments and our loving creator still instructed the israelites to kill their enemies. My question is, who created these enemies? Is it not God? Why would he love some children more than others? I'm confused! Over to the pastors in the house.

The law was given at that time to Israeli nation and those who were not Israeli lived outside the law were enemies of God. It is why the commandments started with 'I am the Lord thy God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, thou shall have no other gods beside me'. Infact Israelites were warned not to intermarry them or have anything to do with them. Of course there was room to integrate into the jewish nation those who affirmed the supremacy of Yaweh and would become part of the jewish nation. Until Christ came and extended the relationship to the gentiles, the law strictly govern the relationship between the God and his chosen people. It didn't extend to their relationship with the idolatry nations surrounding them. Even in modern dispensation, the promises of God do not extend to those who rejects his friendship. St. John wrote and I quote: 'They are already condemned who do not believe in the name of Jesus'. Those are the people who will be cast away from the presence of God into the agony of hell fire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Drums In Mountain Of Fire / Medical Science As The Provision Of God For Healing. / Why should I worship a 3 Headed God That Was Nailed On The Cross?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.