Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud (32171 Views)

Thief Opens Doctor's Car With Master Key, Steals Laptop & Gets Caught In Owerri / Nigerian Pastor, Others Jailed In One Of Uk’s Biggest Sham Marriage (PHOTOS) / Driver Steals Master’s ATM Card, Withdraws N2.7m (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by youngalex(m): 6:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
A Nigerian-born accountant Samuel Kayode, 57, at the centre of a fraud investigation after £4m of a school fund ended up in his personal accounts.

The vast sum of money is missing from the Haberdashers’ Aske’s Federation Trust in South London.

The school is named after 17th century silk merchant Robert Aske who left much of his wealth to create an educational charity fund run by the Worshipful Company of Haberdashers.

The Haberdashers’ Aske’s public schools for boys and girls in Hertfordshire was founded with his money.

Kayode went to work at Hatcham in 1997 and rose to become accounts manager for the whole chain.

He was paid £57,000 a year, and told colleagues of his work as a pastor in the Christ Apostolic Church, South London, peppering his conversations with ‘praise the Lord’.

In October 2012 it emerged that a large sum of money was missing from the academies’ funds.

Kayode’s assets and those of his wife Grace, who died aged 53 last year, were then frozen.

It appeared that huge sums of school money had been paid into a bank account in Nigeria and a company called Samak, which is said to be run in Nigeria by Kayode’s second wife Yoni, although he denies any wedding has taken place.

The trust launched a High Court case to reclaim the missing cash but the accountant denied wrongdoing and claimed ‘all transactions had been authorised by the finance director’.

However, the judge found in the trust’s favour last July and ordered Kayode and the estate of his late wife to pay back more than £4million plus interest.

He remains at large and is not facing any charges, although he is due to speak to detectives again this week.

http://www.opinionriver.com/nigerian-accountant-steals-london-school-e4m-fund-britains-biggest-education-fraud/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by deji68: 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2016
grin grin grin lobatan naija for show
Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by dotG(m): 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2016
that name sef.....na waoooo

186 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 08, 2016
Lol. Where is he from??

154 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by papaejima1: 6:42pm On Jun 08, 2016
Honestly I made a bet with myself the region the dude would come from before I opened the thread.
Guess what?
I won the bet!

And this has no tribal colourations pls. I do same for all such reports. I have won two against my own people too.

Maybe I should start giving betting tips for cash grin grin

161 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by Sparrow13: 6:48pm On Jun 08, 2016
I am calling on the Yoruba's to come and claim there son.

NCAN zonal treasurer North West

Home of the Fulani Herdsmen

151 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by ArodewilliamsT: 6:52pm On Jun 08, 2016
I knew he will come from the land of 'soFRisticated' oduduwalistic ones. Fraud is their second nature! grin

133 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by DonCortino: 6:54pm On Jun 08, 2016
Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money!

Yet! Ndi ozo ana akpa ike!

231 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by Ratello: 6:54pm On Jun 08, 2016
youngalex:
A Nigerian-born accountant Samuel Kayode, 57, at the centre of a fraud investigation after £4m of a school fund ended up in his personal accounts.

The vast sum of money is missing from the Haberdashers’ Aske’s Federation Trust in South London.

The school is named after 17th century silk merchant Robert Aske who left much of his wealth to create an educational charity fund run by the Worshipful Company of Haberdashers.

The Haberdashers’ Aske’s public schools for boys and girls in Hertfordshire was founded with his money.

Kayode went to work at Hatcham in 1997 and rose to become accounts manager for the whole chain.

He was paid £57,000 a year, and told colleagues of his work as a pastor in the Christ Apostolic Church, South London, peppering his conversations with ‘praise the Lord’.

In October 2012 it emerged that a large sum of money was missing from the academies’ funds.

Kayode’s assets and those of his wife Grace, who died aged 53 last year, were then frozen.

It appeared that huge sums of school money had been paid into a bank account in Nigeria and a company called Samak, which is said to be run in Nigeria by Kayode’s second wife Yoni, although he denies any wedding has taken place.

The trust launched a High Court case to reclaim the missing cash but the accountant denied wrongdoing and claimed ‘all transactions had been authorised by the finance director’.

However, the judge found in the trust’s favour last July and ordered Kayode and the estate of his late wife to pay back more than £4million plus interest.

He remains at large and is not facing any charges, although he is due to speak to detectives again this week.

http://www.opinionriver.com/nigerian-accountant-steals-london-school-e4m-fund-britains-biggest-education-fraud/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
.so so pathetic..... I hope the President, Nairaland Association of Name Checkers will not hold this against the 'Tribe involved" imagine the "biggest fraud"! Naija why

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by Bigflamie(m): 6:55pm On Jun 08, 2016
Where is he from? grin

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 08, 2016
In other words he's still innocent. . . Obvioisly some people here can't read.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 08, 2016
In other words he's still innocent since there are no charges against him. . . Obviously some people here can't read.

This is why one of Africa's greatest problems is unity. A white man writes an article about ur countryman and all y'all can do is point fingers.... Arise from your sleep Africa!

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by 4nobody4every1: 8:12pm On Jun 08, 2016
angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 8:13pm On Jun 08, 2016
grin
OUR SOPHUSTICATED BROTHERS FROM THE OTHER SIDE .... NAWAAAOOO

LET ME SIGNAL MY FRIEND .... IRUNOOBOU grin grin

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 08, 2016
What is the problem with the name KAYODE

Are all KAYODES thieves..?

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by tolexy007(m): 8:13pm On Jun 08, 2016
shocked look at that name.....am very disappointed. This is a big food by my Plpp In Name Checkers Association of Nigeria, South East branch..

make I take style run commot this thread.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by truthspeaks: 8:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
Name checkers association tinz. Oya south west, na ur turn oo grin

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by agarawu23(m): 8:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
€4m ? 2billion shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by brixton: 8:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
Naija!

That's how this morning on a show in America, they laughed the shit outta us when they talked about how beat fm owner was scammed for the Rihanna show. They were like so Nigerians can be scammed?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by kally90(f): 8:15pm On Jun 08, 2016
I came to check the name but I was not disappointed

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by gabazin080(m): 8:15pm On Jun 08, 2016
A
Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by iamauxin(m): 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2016
NCCN
Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by OHIsIManuEL(m): 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2016
Yoloba

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by zicoraads: 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2016
The name though grin cheesy

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by Nicepoker(m): 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2016
I came to observe that name. I am satisfied Samuel KAYODE. He is from mali. Any drug case from the east? Boko haram up north. For south south. No need asking our own na to blow up pipe lines.

25 Likes

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by Cherishing(f): 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2016
This is inform the masses that the president of Name Checkers Association of Nigeria(NCAN) Mr. Omotayo Ojalande OrigiOrigi the one that seeth both the seen and the unseen,has gone blind meanwhile another source confided to us that his secretary is on the run at the time of filling this report.

Our dear NLer people are hereby adviced to remain calm as the news of biggest fraud in the history of UK is not true grin and remains unconfirmed by NCAN

A national Working committee will be set up from all geopolitical states in order to get real the name/names person involved in this outrageous and humongous theft.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by Deen77: 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2016
DonCortino:
Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money! Igbo to like money!

Yet! Ndi ozo ana akpa ike!

To or too.

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Accountant Steals London School €4m Fund, Uk’s Biggest Education Fraud by Roland17(m): 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2016
I am proudly and unapologetically IGBO, don't ask me why!!

34 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) / Vehicle Guns And Bullet Coming From Niger Republic Intercepted By Customs / Man Caught With Mutilated Human Body Parts In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.