Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,620 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? (23949 Views)

Efo Riro: A Nairalander’s Delicacy For The Weekend! / Inside Vietnamese Cat Market Where Cats Are Butchered For ₦25,000 Delicacy(Pics) / Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by Sleekyshuga(f): 3:32pm On Jun 09, 2016
ShaqFu:
My African woman, you just wowed me. smiley Which other Nigerian delicacy do you like?
Hahahahahaha... I am a fan of local delicacies especially any that has to with palm oil sauce and pepper cheesy; ugba, nkwuobi, isi-ewu, roasted yam, fish and plantain AKA bole & it's sauce, three leaved yam & it's sauce etc though I am still very selective with foods wink..
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by ShaqFu: 3:50pm On Jun 09, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

Hahahahahaha... I am a fan of local delicacies especially any that has to with palm oil sauce and pepper cheesy; ugba, nkwuobi, isi-ewu, roasted yam, fish and plantain AKA bole & it's sauce, three leaved yam & it's sauce etc though I am still very selective with foods wink..
Wow! All this and you see mange to look this slim, fit, very cute and ravishingly breath taking. Wow!. I'm most impressed.

Tell me, how about your craving for nigerian solid food, like pounded yam, starch and the likes?
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by Daraph(m): 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2016
dyadeleye:

Ora ooooo, omo ilu mi atata

Eeh! Inn okun ooo. Se ala ni?
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by dyadeleye(m): 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2016
Daraph:

Eeh! Inn okun ooo. Se ala ni?
Ora oga mi ooo.....ala ni oo....
Lol
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by Sleekyshuga(f): 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2016
ShaqFu:
Wow! All this and you see mange to look this slim, fit, very cute and ravishingly breath taking. Wow!. I'm most impressed.

Tell me, how about your craving for nigerian solid food, like pounded yam, starch and the likes?
Slim? I dunno cheesy.. Well, I don't take them always.. It's been over 1 year or more I tasted isi-ewu or nkwuobi.. They aid bloated stomach, reasons I don't eat them often..

I exercise to burn off fats, though I've been lazy recently.. My job(s) alone are enough stress to burn calories cheesy..

Solids? I eat just eba, and it comes with a craving.. I can go 3 months or more without it..

Secret is: I try so much, though the temptations come (cos most of the isi-ewu joints operate at night) to avoid heavy dinner, and take mostly fruits at nights.. If I must eat, maybe cos I skip lunch? Very little with plenty fruits..

Who big belly epp grin?
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by ShaqFu: 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

Slim? I dunno cheesy.. Well, I don't take them always.. It's been over 1 year or more I tasted isi-ewu or nkwuobi.. They aid bloated stomach, reasons I don't eat them often..

I exercise to burn off fats, though I've been lazy recently.. My job(s) alone are enough stress to burn calories cheesy..

Solids? I eat just eba, and it comes with a craving.. I can go 3 months or more without it..

Secret is: I try so much, though the temptations come (cos most of the isi-ewu joints operate at night) to avoid heavy dinner, and take mostly fruits at nights.. If I must eat, maybe cos I skip lunch? Very little with plenty fruits..

Who big belly epp grin?
Oh my gosh. I must say I like your style... Your dieting calls my envy, and I must say, I envy you.

I'm a foodie, I love food, though I frequent Ise-Ewu and Nkwobi joints, I abstain from eating it on the regular, though my craving for Cat fish pepper soup and Asun seem to be on the steady rise.

I really can remember when I last work out, my brain is what I exercise daily, but my body is... grin Anyway, I'll take a cue from you, and see if I can change my diet, though I'll need someone to guide me, like an instructor per se. wink wink

I like your style Sleek. grin
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by Daraph(m): 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2016
dyadeleye:
Ora oga mi ooo.....ala ni oo.... Lol

Eeh! Inn kare ooo...
I'm Olorundare Oluwagbemiga Raphael on Facebook
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by dyadeleye(m): 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2016
Daraph:

Eeh! Inn kare ooo...

I'm Olorundare Oluwagbemiga Raphael on Facebook
Got that
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by UyiIredia(m): 4:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
Rice and stew and snail meat. My favorites.
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by Sleekyshuga(f): 5:12pm On Jun 09, 2016
ShaqFu:
Oh my gosh. I must say I like your style... Your dieting calls my envy, and I must say, I envy you.

I'm a foodie, I love food, though I frequent Ise-Ewu and Nkwobi joints, I abstain from eating it on the regular, though my craving for Cat fish pepper soup and Asun seem to be on the steady rise.

I really can remember when I last work out, my brain is what I exercise daily, but my body is... grin Anyway, I'll take a cue from you, and see if I can change my diet, though I'll need someone to guide me, like an instructor per se. wink wink

I like your style Sleek. grin
Catfish? I don't like it.. Its slimy nature just puts me off cheesy.. Croaker, and mackerel fish are my thing wink.. I can eat them as many times as possible, even as a main meal.. My mum knows better not to keep a pot of fish around me. If you want to punish me, do not cook it, and allow it to freeze embarassed.

That Asun thing, it's spicy smoked diced goat meat, right? I seriously don't know why I am scared of taking it again, though it's eaten mostly in the West, I guess..

The first and last time I ate it in Lagos, it was as if my tongue was ripped off/on fire grin.. Jesu!! Do they soak the meat in pepper cheesy? Like, WTF? Una wan kill person? Haaaah!!!

I like food but I don't let it control me..

LOL @ instructor.. Just do the very regular exercises, and you'll be fine.. I don't use the gym, as I really do not need it (for now).

Fruits and veggies are good.. Just try, at least, once in a day..

Thanks for liking my style smiley..
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by KemiJesus(f): 5:12pm On Jun 09, 2016
Beans&plantain, snail anyday anytime! Then..... maybe nkwobi
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by ShaqFu: 5:27pm On Jun 09, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

Catfish? I don't like it.. Its slimy nature just puts me off cheesy.. Croaker, and mackerel fish are my thing wink.. I can eat them as many times as possible, even as a main meal.. My mum knows better not to keep a pot of fish around me. If you want to punish me, do not cook it, and allow it to freeze embarassed.

That Asun thing, it's spicy smoked diced goat meat, right? I seriously don't know why I am scared of taking it again, though it's eaten mostly in the West, I guess..

The first and last time I ate it in Lagos, it was as if my tongue was ripped off/on fire grin.. Jesu!! Do they soak the meat in pepper cheesy? Like, WTF? Una wan kill person? Haaaah!!!

I like food but I don't let it control me..

LOL @ instructor.. Just do the very regular exercises, and you'll be fine.. I don't use the gym, as I really do not need it (for now).

Fruits and veggies are good.. Just try, at least, once in a day..

Thanks for liking my style smiley..
Wow! I love it Catfish, basically I love anything that is fish, even crayfish. cheesy

Asun is usually as good as the person who prepares it, some are just not it, and others are worth it, like the one I'll be eating soon. The dude sure knows how to prepare it, especially in this chilly weather, where he adds just the right touch of pepper, nothing to get tears running down your eyes and you whistling. grin

I wish I was you Sleek, its almost a habit that I let whatever I like control me, that's if it has amazing benefits. grin

I'll try eating fruits, as I'm a heavy eater, I'll consume much fruit than I really want. I'm really trying to control my diet though, I've started exercising, walking that is, if I use the gym I'll easily get distracted. wink LOL.

Think about my offer. smiley wink LOL.
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by Sike(m): 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2016
Op, shey U don't know some people are fasting ehn?! Do u wanna break our fast.
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by Harlarbiz01(m): 6:16pm On Jun 09, 2016
Am Fasting pls...... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 09, 2016
#team#snails# I luv em so much#
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by Kbraims(m): 6:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
anything plantain we dey dia.... #Team remove dat shingee....
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by harmonychris(f): 7:14pm On Jun 09, 2016
[quote author=ronald4lif post=46398575]Chai, see better chop. Na that isi-ewu and plantain and beans sure pass. Abeg na who dey chop that insects? And what's that on the second to the last pic, just before the smoked fish?[/quote

In igboland that insects is a special delicacy known as AKU very delicious
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by bqlekan(m): 8:19pm On Jun 09, 2016
Charijee, mine is not here,

I prefer roasted plantain marshed with beans, oil, onions and one kind of bitter leaf.. Sold mostly in the south east.. I've forgotten the name.. You need to try it.. grin

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by Firstlady002(f): 8:26pm On Jun 09, 2016
Is that boiled yam and unripe plantain with stew? Chai!
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by charijee(f): 8:57pm On Jun 09, 2016
bqlekan:
Charijee, mine is not here,

I prefer roasted plantain marshed with beans, oil, onions and one kind of bitter leaf.. Sold mostly in the south east.. I've forgotten the name.. You need to try it.. grin
Would have loved to try but for the beans shocked
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by bqlekan(m): 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2016
charijee:
Would have loved to try but for the beans shocked
seriously, it is yummy.. Give it a try..

You didn't send that stuff...
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by fiftynaira(m): 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2016
goldbim:
correct! Let's go for NKWOBI grin grin.#Tablefortwo#..

Ngwanu odinma.... sorry for not shouting out this pass few days these mods "arrested me unjustfully" for days

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by goldbim(f): 10:22pm On Jun 09, 2016
fiftynaira:

Ngwanu odinma.... sorry for not shouting out this pass few days these mods "arrested me unjustfully" for days
awww cryndoo,be a good boy.
Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by fiftynaira(m): 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2016
goldbim:
awww cryndoo,be a good boy.

U knw say I be good boy na

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? by armyofone(m): 12:52am On Mar 27, 2017
I love those snails.
I'd like to eat ube and the wrapped rice again.
I ate mackerel almost all the time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unrefined SHEA-BUTTER & Virgin COCONUT OIL For Sale / ****Oyinbo Wey Share Love For EGUSI**** / What Food Taste Better The Next Day -. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.