Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks (12585 Views)

Buhari Orders Military To Deal With Biafra Security Service, Boko Haram / Oil Exports On Course Despite Militants’ Attacks- Vanguard / Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by osinbanjoisaliar: 11:10pm On Jun 08, 2016
The Nigerian Army says it will continue to observe a two-week ceasefire declared by Federal Government, even as militants continue their attacks on oil installations in the Niger Delta region.
Ibrahim Attahiru, a major genera and General Officer Commanding (GOC), 82 Division of the Nigerian Army, said this on Wednesday, while briefing journalists on the outcome of a meeting held at the Army Headquarters in Abuja.
He said the decision was part of the resolutions reached at the meeting of field commanders and principal staff officers, convened by the Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, in Abuja.
He, however, warned that the military would resume its operations in the region if the militants continued to disregard the ceasefire.
Mr. Attahiru said the meeting of the Army’s field commanders was also held to appraise the current security situation in the country.
He said the army would apply its rules of engagement in its operations in the Niger Delta, especially where it is deemed necessary.
“The Chief of Army Staff called a meeting of all Principal Staff Officers and General Officers Commanding, as well as Directors in the Army Headquarters.
“The meeting is essentially to brief us on the aftermath of the meeting in the presidency and give further operational directives on the happenings in the Niger Delta.
“The two-week ceasefire was such that all military operations in the region were supposed to stop to enable government to apply the non-kinetic means of reaching out to the militants.
“Now, the militants have resorted to continue with the attacks on pipelines, we will tarry for a while and if this does not stop, we will decisively act wherever it is necessary,’’ he said.
Mr. Attahiru said applying the rules of engagement in the military’s internal security operations was not an aberration but a means of preserving the unity and dignity of the nation.
“The issue of applying the rules of engagement is to emphasise our adherence to the necessary procedures in internal security operations,’’ he said.
Mr. Attahiru warned that the military would no longer tolerate further attacks on its units and formations in the Niger Delta or elsewhere in the country.
“Recently there was an attack on Nigerian Army troops in the Niger Delta; that will no longer be tolerated.
“Anywhere troops are attacked, formation commanders will apply the rules of engagement to the fullest, they will follow the attackers to wherever they came from,’’ he warned.
Mr. Attahiru said the meeting also deliberated on other operational issues, particularly those relating to training in the Nigerian Army.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the meeting had in attendance all the GOCs, unit commanders from all parts of the country as well as senior officers at the Army Headquarters.
(NAN)

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/204976-nigerian-military-observe-ceasefire-despite-militants-continued-attacks-pipelines.html

Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by iflywithbuhari(f): 11:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
Look at this clown. Do you have a choice. Only the C-in-C can give the order for a lift of the ceasefire. Try rubbish, and kiss your pension goodbye. Joker.

12 Likes

Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by Splinz(m): 11:32pm On Jun 08, 2016
I can't help but feel sorry for this tone of frustration mixed with helplessness. NA should rather pray that those boys in the creek should pity & save them the stress of chasing shadows.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by IRserveMyComent(f): 11:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
Good for you.

1 Like

Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by ShowYourCertificate: 6:40am On Jun 09, 2016
Mumu government

lalasticlala

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by greatiyk4u(m): 7:08am On Jun 09, 2016
We know the strategy of the PDP,

They want to use the jobless youths to instigate violence in the 5% region assumed to be the most hated region by Buhari so that Nigeria Army can go after them, later they will cry genocide, over bloat the number of the casualties touts wasted and use it to garner votes in 2019 but the strategy is becoming too weak,

How can a right thinking hard working Igbo Youth take part in a protest known to be risky and deadly? Are you more biafran than the Ezeifes,Kanu's Family,and other stakeholders?.......why will the agitation and protest of prominent Igbo leaders be on the media while the senseless poor youths used to score cheap political sympathy? The most that have happened to the killed youths have been the honour of burying them with a biafran flag.......lolz

#OccupyNigeria protest of 2012 was successful because of calibre of personalities involved, just tell me any mad military that shoot at protesters lead by Wole soyinka, Femi falana, bakare,Ben nwabueze,peter Obi, Rochas et.al

"One igbo adage has it that you don't pursue a mad dog with bare hands"

They seem to have realized that the over hyped publicity of Fulani herdsmen destruction in the East is not selling as fast they taught.

Ka chineke mezie okwu

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by QuotaSystem: 7:24am On Jun 09, 2016
The world is watching, everyone's eyes are peeled.

I hope the militants take the bait and continue bombing to justify the severity of the Military's clampdown once it commences.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by 989900: 7:32am On Jun 09, 2016
The militants will not stop as long as investigating their corrupt heroes does not stop -- their heroes call the shots.
Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by blackmatter007: 7:32am On Jun 09, 2016
QuotaSystem:
The world is watching, everyone's eyes are peeled.

I hope the militants take the bait and continue bombing to justify the severity of the Military's clampdown once it commences.

Your rants are becoming boring. Shoo off please

17 Likes

Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by breadwinna: 8:27am On Jun 09, 2016
it is well

1 Like

Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by Segadem(m): 8:27am On Jun 09, 2016
Pray for Nigeria
Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by Segadem(m): 8:29am On Jun 09, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
Mumu government

lalasticlala
you mean Government Tompolo?

11 Likes

Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by iyobs7(f): 8:29am On Jun 09, 2016
stanech:
Buhari - I will crush Niger delta avengers

Next week

Niger delta avengers bomb pipe line

Buhari - Our army re ready to crush them
Next 3days Niger delta avengers bomb 3 pipe lines

Military - Niger delta avengers, Dont push us to crush u.

Next 2days, small Niger delta killed 30 and 3 navy men.

Military - They are killing our men, we will attack.

Buhari - I'm going to Ogoni land and Niger delta avengers
will not do anything.

Small Niger delta avengers - Buhari before coming to port
harcourt or any state in Niger delta, sign ur death warrant

Buhari - I get ear infection, I no fit go again, where is
Osinbajo, u know say na me get International trip and u get
local trip, oya go Niger delta ok

Osinbajo - but Sir

Buhari - shut up, begin go, I get ear problem, I no dey hear
u.

Small Niger delta - We re going to test 6missle on 7th of
June, we will shut down all d network and we might target
aso rock, if u dont release nnamdi kalu and other things we
asked from u.

Buhari - Obasanjo come and help me,

Obasanjo- abeg I no fit

Buhari - Goodluck forgive me, Pls beg Niger delta avengers

Good luck - I no fit, Just fake sickness and run away cos on
7th,these boys must catch u and ur life wont be d same
again.

Breaking news- Buhari heads to London for medical
treatment

Buhari see Biafrans and Avengers for your back!!!

Haha you never see anything

grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by Rx350(m): 8:29am On Jun 09, 2016
But,

4 Likes

Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by MadCow1: 8:30am On Jun 09, 2016
hmmm, make we dey observe.
Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 09, 2016
Someone should confirm

Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by ElCapone(m): 8:31am On Jun 09, 2016
stanech:
. Next week .
Niger delta avengers bomb pipe line .
Buhari - Our army re ready to crush them Next 3days Niger delta avengers bomb 3 pipe lines .
Military - Niger delta avengers, Dont push us to crush u. .
Next 2days, small Niger delta killed 30 and 3 navy men. .
. Buhari - I'm going to Ogoni land and Niger delta avengers will not do anything.

. Small Niger delta avengers - Buhari before coming to port harcourt or any state in Niger delta, sign ur death warrant .

Buhari - I get ear infection, I no fit go again, where is Osinbajo, u know say na me get International trip and u get local trip, oya go Niger delta ok .

Osinbajo - but Sir
. Buhari - shut up, begin go, I get ear problem, I no dey hear u.
. Small Niger delta - We re going to test 6missle on 7th of June, we will shut down all d network and we might target aso rock, if u dont release nnamdi kalu and other things we asked from u. .
. Obasanjo- abeg I no fit .
Buhari - Goodluck forgive me, Pls beg Niger delta avengers .
Good luck - I no fit, Just fake sickness and run away cos on 7th,these boys must catch u and ur life wont be d same again. .
Breaking news- Buhari heads to London for medical treatment
. Buhari see Biafrans and Avengers for your back!!!
. Haha you never see anything
senseless!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 09, 2016
Just for the world and ICC to see.
Thanks NA
Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by Pyno30: 8:34am On Jun 09, 2016
They are tired. Lazy Soldiers in Lazy Country.

1 Like

Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by Mekus68: 8:34am On Jun 09, 2016
Even wen there ws no cease fire, what did u guys achieve.
Imagine this fulani Northerner who lacks amphibious training, threatening NDA in their own backyard and terrain.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by Ufranklin92(m): 8:35am On Jun 09, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 09, 2016
stanech:

Next week

Niger delta avengers bomb pipe line

Buhari - Our army re ready to crush them
Next 3days Niger delta avengers bomb 3 pipe lines

Military - Niger delta avengers, Dont push us to crush u.

Next 2days, small Niger delta killed 30 and 3 navy men.

Buhari - I'm going to Ogoni land and Niger delta avengers
will not do anything.

Small Niger delta avengers - Buhari before coming to port
harcourt or any state in Niger delta, sign ur death warrant

Buhari - I get ear infection, I no fit go again, where is
Osinbajo, u know say na me get International trip and u get
local trip, oya go Niger delta ok

Osinbajo - but Sir

Buhari - shut up, begin go, I get ear problem, I no dey hear
u.

Small Niger delta - We re going to test 6missle on 7th of
June, we will shut down all d network and we might target
aso rock, if u dont release nnamdi kalu and other things we
asked from u.

Obasanjo- abeg I no fit

Buhari - Goodluck forgive me, Pls beg Niger delta avengers

Good luck - I no fit, Just fake sickness and run away cos on
7th,these boys must catch u and ur life wont be d same
again.

Breaking news- Buhari heads to London for medical
treatment

Buhari see Biafrans and Avengers for your back!!!

Haha you never see anything
....... Mumu wailer, oya, clap for ya sef !!
Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by tdayof(m): 8:37am On Jun 09, 2016
After ceasefire, if the millitants continue with their attack then the military actions will be justified.
Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by Joel3(m): 8:37am On Jun 09, 2016
...the United State Of America through it embassy has warned both the Federal Government and the Militant to use dialogue and diplomatic means on this issue. you don't kill poor people because you are searching for the Militant. we all know that Army lack technology and professional means in handling issues like this. any parties that violates international criminal code will face charges in ICC. if I where the Federal government I would start thinking on how to funds the padded budget which didn't reflect any interest of South South and South East with Groundnut and kulikuli.

3 Likes

Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by freemanbubble: 8:39am On Jun 09, 2016
goood
Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 09, 2016
stupidity is wen u jubilate and dance wen NDA bomb oil pipeline and den turn around to blame buhari for no light in ur house......Also stupidity is wen u support d actions of NDA and den turn around to blame d oil company in which u work for not paying ur salary on time.

5 Likes

Re: Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks by persius555(m): 8:47am On Jun 09, 2016
The country will triumph. A few individuals cant hold the country to ransom forever.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely / LASG Resumes Federal Government Conditional Cash Transfer To Beneficiaries / Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.