Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary (36713 Views)

5000 Nigerians To Be Employed As TSTV Launches October 1st / Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate? / Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by elrayzor(m): 10:19am On Jun 09, 2016
people are just so dumb....23k is the training fee not salary..
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by gebest: 10:20am On Jun 09, 2016
daveyjay:
23k is a peasant price for qraduates followinq the current economic crisis, what will 23k do monthly, it's most likely to be spent on transportation alone, house rent nko??! Feedinq is a no qo area, if U take 1k to the market, e qo be like say na 200 naira...recharqe card, clothinq e.t.c. Government should pay them more they are qraduates for heavens sake, they served the nation for one full year and spent huqe amount of cash schoolinq...
bros at least is better than nothing for now.
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 09, 2016
beGOOD4aba:
23000? This govt na wash wash. Na scam dem be

How much is the national minimum wage? I am sure even if the salary was 1m naira, you would still complain. You have foreclosed seen anything good in this administration. Anyone who tries to change your mind does so in vain. There's no point doing so!
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 09, 2016
daveyjay:
23k is a peasant price for qraduates followinq the current economic crisis, what will 23k do monthly, it's most likely to be spent on transportation alone, house rent nko??! Feedinq is a no qo area, if U take 1k to the market, e qo be like say na 200 naira...recharqe card, clothinq e.t.c. Government should pay them more they are qraduates for heavens sake, they served the nation for one full year and spent huqe amount of cash schoolinq...

How much is the national minimum wage? I am sure even if the salary was 1m naira, you would still complain. You have foreclosed seen anything good in this administration. Anyone who tries to change your mind does so in vain. There's no point doing so!
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by Raypawer(m): 10:31am On Jun 09, 2016
D other meaning is for u!
darlenese:

You seem not to know the difference between "et al "and at all
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by janvier27(m): 10:35am On Jun 09, 2016
I hope this won't end up a waste if no value is derived, or even be a disservice to education cos pay should at least take you home. Since govt is broke, other non-monetary incentives can be added e.g. free additional training in govt higher institutions (after all university education is free in fed govt universities in Nigeria), free or subsidised medicals in govt hospitals etc. A worker should ve reasons to value a job to be productive on that job. Motivation is key. The scheme is very well intended, commendable and can be improved upon.

I'm sorry I didn't read all through before above comments. My suggestions are well taken care of.
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by bashydemy(m): 10:44am On Jun 09, 2016
idu1:
So?
what do you mean by so? Why is it so hard for you guys to commend the govt for once?
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by bashydemy(m): 10:46am On Jun 09, 2016
Oleku93:
It's a gud idea buh I tink d 23k is small
exactly, the money is too small and I think the Govt need to look into it. I think 50k won't be a bad ideal.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by bashydemy(m): 10:48am On Jun 09, 2016
laurel03:
Its voluntary work and if you know 23k is small you don't need to apply... but govt should try to let people work within dr LGA so dt cost of accommodation and transport will not finish the 23k... People go they form now let the site open you will see over 5million will apply for it..
abi ooo no mind them, more than 10mllion will go for the exercise.
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by oloworulz(m): 10:51am On Jun 09, 2016
989900:
Good one. Start it already!
good of u. I like hard working ppul like u.
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by fullz: 10:59am On Jun 09, 2016
23grand? ladbrokes and alabi pays more.
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by Phobia1: 11:14am On Jun 09, 2016
DrayZee:
Nice incentive, but in this harsh economy, 23k per month will go nowhere. And since they will be teaching all day, they won't have time to lay hands on other ventures.

They could make this better by providing somewhat free transportation, and maybe take housing costs upon themselves by creating some estates where the teachers will stay. This would make the situation far better.

....that is if the government is actually able to do this in the first place...
dey are graduates for heaven sake. nd a day is 24hrs, so hw is it posibu to teach for even 15hrs? no is d ansa. the worst dat cud apun is dey close by 4pm nd afta dat dey hv som tym to do somtin else even on d lappy dats goin to b given to dem. its not dat d money is enof buh atleast its a welkom development. This 1st set of graduates employ wil determine hw it wil go.
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by mrgreen4real(m): 11:22am On Jun 09, 2016
This one na post NYSC program ni?
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by brojoshua: 11:24am On Jun 09, 2016
In fact paying too much salaries is one of the major factors and problems that destroyed the value of naira, and even those who are being paid too much salaries should have their salaries reduced so that the government can work on the value of naira to improve. Those labor unions who agitated for increased salaries are part of the people who ruined the value of naira and now they have big salaries but its not buying much things. And they are also blaming the present government for poor value of naira. It happened like this because they were short sighted and also selfish and greedy using their good positions to fight only for themselves and not bothering about the poor and common people but also wanted to become like the lawbreakers or lawmakers who made laws for big salaries for themselves making themselves a burden and problem for the people.
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by abbeyty(m): 11:34am On Jun 09, 2016
dollarnaira:

It seems u v a job or better still u dont or u still live with u parents.I advice all who hate joblessness to grab dis opportunity with full hug.Start sth bfore sth start with u.Children of complainers dot com.Grab ur copy on 12th now!!!Avoid the comments of those who v jobs oooo bc truly 23k is stipent to them.www.npower.gov.ng

what is the point of having a job when u can barely feed yourself with your earning.is 23k enough for food? what about transportation ? i am not stopping whoever wants to take the job not to, only stating my own opinion
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by Image123(m): 11:36am On Jun 09, 2016
Good one if it is not politicised like most things Nigerian. People putting in their slots and disqualifying others, sorting and bribing to get to qualification or pass assessment. these areas have to be well monitored by the FG so as not to make nonsense of the laudable project running into billions of naira.
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by gabicon: 12:39pm On Jun 09, 2016
I think this development is a bad economic policy my reasons are, the average teacher in Nigeria is poor, why do we want to add 500000 to the ranks? Secondly we have been talking about reducing our recurrent expenditure, how do we achieve that with an additional 500k in the governments work force?

A better policy would have been bring in the likes of Samsung, Ericsson, marsek etc and train same 500k people for same duration and then provide loans for them to start a business or better still in the training time negotiate foreign investment with the card that we have qualified manpower.

GEJ's uwin policy was a good idea that was not widely executed.

Areas we need to train people are the agriculture and solid minerals sectors as they have the capacity for growth and improvement.
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by loomer: 12:59pm On Jun 09, 2016
Ijmbsuccess:
you talk as if graduates are very old individuals...they are youths na..ranging from 18 to like 32 some are still even staying with der parents ...and least the 23k is not for forever...am not saying it's okay, Al am saying is its better than been idle...

So you believe say there's hope for increment?

Truth be told these elites just like to see us dey at their mercy.

I rather go farm than collect that kind money monthly wey no go reach to take care of anything.
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by rose54321: 1:14pm On Jun 09, 2016
laurel03:
Its voluntary work and if you know 23k is small you don't need to apply... but govt should try to let people work within dr LGA so dt cost of accommodation and transport will not finish the 23k... People go they form now let the site open you will see over 5million will apply for it..

People apply out of desperation, when the preferable is not available the available becomes preferable.

So its not forming, people still need to point out to the government that the amount is too low. NYSC gives an allowance of approximately 20k, plus the little additional you get from the company (atleast not less than 5k), so technically this program pays less than the NYSC Scheme.

Its a good initiative, but the pay is too damn low...
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by corporateDan(m): 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2016
FWJOBSNG:
Beneficiaries of the 500,000 direct teacher jobs scheme under the N-Power programme will have a take home monthly salary of 23,000 naira. Applications into the scheme is billed to start on june 12 through the online portal npower.gov.ng.

“Beside their monthly take home pay estimated at about N23,000, the selected 500,000 graduates will also get computer devices that will contain information necessary for their specific engagement, as well as information for their continuous training and development. They get to keep the devices, even after exiting from the programme.

“According to the plan of the Buhari administration, the N-Power Teacher Corps programme is an invaluable opportunity for young Nigerians to make immense economic and social contributions to the nation, while developing their skills. It will also help to address the problems of inadequate teachers in public schools.

“Also, persons enlisted under the scheme will gain work experience and acquire key competencies through academic and non-academic capacity building programmes intended to improve their competitiveness in the workplace. Their devices will come loaded with knowledge-oriented applications and software that will enable them acquire the skills and capacity.

“Under the N-Power Knowledge scheme, there are three aspects: Creative, Technology Software and Hardware. These three sub-divisions will train 25,000 young Nigerians in all. “5,000 of them would be trained in Animation, Graphic Design, Post-Production, Script-Writing, all under the sub-division of N-Power Knowledge-creative category.

“The N-Power Knowledge scheme also has a technology category in two aspects: hardware and software. 10,000 Nigerians would be trained, and equipped in the area of software development, including web designer, and another 10,000 in hardware expertise, including repair, maintenance and assemblage of mobile phones, tablets, computers and other devices.

“Also, the N-Power Build category was designed, realizing that the presence of a well-trained and highly skilled youth population in any economy has direct impact on entrepreneurship/wealth creation, which in turn leads to a decline in unemployment.

“N-Power Build is, therefore, an accelerated training and certification (skills to job/enterprise) programme that will engage and train 75,000 young, unemployed Nigerians to build a new crop of skilled and highly competent workforce of technicians, artisans and service professionals.”

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/06/09/500000-employed-school-teachers-will-be-paid-n23000-as-monthly-salary/
oh boy! Food don land. Make I work for one month collect laptop and 23k for my internet subscription. Buhari,thanks for creating yahoo job for us #istandwithBuhari

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by darlenese(f): 3:19pm On Jun 09, 2016
Raypawer:
D other meaning is for u!

Lol
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by Ikville(m): 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2016
Did anyone notice? No mention of benefits, allowances or promotion. Very proud of d FG to announce dis like it's d plumest job in d world. True, 23k is betta than nothing but how far will it go wen u r posted from Benin to Port Harcourt?
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by Clemsworld(m): 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2016
158 liters of Fuel!
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by VivaDeAngelo(m): 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2016
nobeku:
What sort of moribund mentality and upbringing do you have?You need a good lot of schooling..why do you have to start talking about northerners..This nairaland is just for the low classed folks truly..

You are obviously a low class as you rightly point out. And Nairaland has given you the platform to talk to anybody as you deem fit.

Is it not possible for you to make your point without spewing rubbish?

AVERAGE NORTHERNERS SETTLE FOR LESS...!!!
Deal with it!
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by compuseun: 1:26am On Jun 10, 2016
Irregardless of ones qualification? NCE, ND , HND , BSC, MSC holders
Same level , same 23k.
It's well.
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by Chukwudi1992: 8:49am On Jun 10, 2016
Wow, i don't think that money will be enough for them.
Governor Olusegun Mimiko was prevented from entering his place of residence,check it out at
http://emmanuelokoro..com.ng/2016/06/striking-civil-servants-in-ondo-state.html,
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by ruqoyah26(f): 3:48pm On Jun 10, 2016
Half bread is better than none
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by Chukwudi1992: 9:15am On Jun 11, 2016
University of Port Harcourt (Uniport) will re-open for the completion of first semester on Sunday, June 19th 2016, read more at
http://emmanuelokoro..com.ng/2016/06/university-of-port-harcourt-uniport.html
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by macbeth(f): 12:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
Randy91:

another SURE-P scam!!!!

Am new here people. I need a job am in Abuja.

Liz
Re: 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary by Ndipe(m): 6:52pm On Jun 14, 2019
Even in 2016, 23k was paltry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My God Win, I Finally Got A Good Job / 5 Types Of Applicants You Meet In A Room Waiting To Be Interviewed / List Of Selected Candidates For The Nigerian Navy Basic Training School Batch 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.