Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. (63842 Views)

Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) / Lagos, Port-harcourt Airports Ranked Amongst 20 Worst Airports In The World / Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by sade1994(f): 6:13pm On Sep 10, 2016
photoshoot:

Thats how they go about lying... Nice dp btw

Thanks
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by teddyYz: 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
Priceless200:
Nawa oooo.... That means all these slums in FCT na London after all. Gishiri still get hope... Explorers weldone again.
You stay in Gishiri?
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by YOUNGELDER1(m): 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2016
Explorers:
15. Ajegunle (Nigeria).

This district, which is located in the heart of Lagos, is a concentration of many ethnic groups in Nigeria. It is largely populated by illiterate people and is one of the poorest and toughest neighborhoods in Lagos.

I beg to disagree on this

Ajegunle is no slump .
maybe used to be but not any more

largely populated yes by illiterate people no

and I can prove you wrong with pictures proves .

good roads,sanitary conditions ,health care centers . Ajegunle is much more devel.op and organised than most LCDAs in Lagos .

like i said i can prove you wrong with pictures
you people should stop painting my beloved Ajegunle bad .

1 Like

Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 10, 2016
Explorers:
15. Ajegunle (Nigeria).

This district, which is located in the heart of Lagos, is a concentration of many ethnic groups in Nigeria. It is largely populated by illiterate people and is one of the poorest and toughest neighborhoods in Lagos.

more pictures from Ajegunle below

http://izucals-hse..com/2016/09/in-pictures-living-in-ajegunle.html
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by Priceless200(f): 8:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
teddyYz:

You stay in Gishiri?
No sir, was, long time ago
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by Bassurge: 8:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
May God help us
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by millionaireman: 8:07pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lots of slums in Lagos because of overpopulation mainly caused by Igbo people who abandoned their eastern region and moved to Lagos.

The indegeneous Yoruba and other poor people from other ethnic groups in Lagos are displaced to the many slums of Lagos by these Igbos who are not used to life in the slum.

Solution is any thing to catalyse the mass departure of the Igbos from the southwest to the east. If any referendum is conducted, more than 90% of Igbo population would like to have a new sovereign nation in the east.
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by photoshoot(m): 8:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
DriveByKiller:
[s]Switch to an alternate? For you? Your voodooist is giving you false report or you believe your own misplaced hype.

You have not the faintest idea who I am any more than you can predict who will be Nigeria's president in 2019.
Brother? Aren't you so presumptuous?

If you blame gala sellers for the slum in Lagos then I must say your position is naive, ill-thought out and very uninformed. Makoko is made of mainly foreigners from other west African countries who settled there but the government of Lagos should take the fall not the inhabitants. I know you're oblivious of this fact.

How many gala sellers are there in Lagos, a city of roughly 19/20 million people? that's roughly the entire population of Ghana (25m).

Gala sellers are responsible for slums? Who's then responsible for building those shanties and dingy shacks all over Makoko, ilaje and so?

Yes gala sellers bought the land and built those Woden structures all over those places.

Why are the gala sellers in Lagos so peculiar, seeing that they abound in port Harcourt, Onitsha, Kaduna and every other major city in Nigeria?

Why do you deny facts and truth. Channel your writing into solving the problems and take responsibility. Do not find blame. It is the easiest and least noble thing to do.

there are over 6 billion humans on earth and everything you say about this country and her people here is open to all of humanity, now and forever. Saying it's a joke only heightens your insensitivity and irresponsibility.
And if you will keep vying for positions with this kind of unbridled comments and claim it's just for gag, then you have a long, winding path to travel.[/s]

You gave yourself up in your previous comment...
All you have here is bullshit.
Now it is foreigners that occupy the shanties, not Yoruba's anymore? Mr gtfoh!

1 Like

Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by seguntijan(m): 8:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
so painful that Ikoyi and Lekki are not on the list, though they're the most expensive slum and can be obvious during raining season
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by DriveByKiller: 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2016
photoshoot:

You gave yourself up in your previous comment...
All you have here is bullshit.
Now it is foreigners that occupy the shanties, not Yoruba's anymore? Mr gtfoh!

Where in my posts did I say it is Yorubas that occupied the slums.

You're a petty, little-minded liar without grace or finesse. You're trying to stir up tribal war to hide your inability to substantiate your silly claptrap

Nauseating, unproductive, dirty minded bigot!

If you put half of your Mr. Nairaland pageantry effort into a little research of your country, you won't be churning out ignorant statements that expose your interrupted education faster than MTN prints out recharge cards!

Blaming gala sellers for lagos slums is not just moronic, it depicts you as lacking the power to wipe your own shit.

There are over 250 thousand inhabitants in Makoko alone and i don't think all the gala sellers in Lagos number 10 thousand. Why blame them for your filth?

There is simply no government presence in these slums.

Please, clean up your ignorance or better, your self-deceit.
Read about Makoko here and uplift the burden of ignorance from off your shoulders;

http://www.mydnigeria.com/makoko-slum-and-lagos/

2 Likes

Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by EzeNri(m): 9:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
michaelandre:
are u mentally unstable or u just felt like displaying some madness. 50% of all the slums I'm Lagos are places that Igbo people stay. 60% of southeast are villages why 39.5% of southeast are slums the remaining 0.5% are just town. there is no such thing call a city in the whole of Southeast. the pollution and dirty in southeast is next to none in the whole wide planet earth. but in the southwest the slums are mostly inhabited by igbos and other people with few Yoruba people and u can only find slums in 20% of Lagos and 6% of Ibadan after that there is no such thing as slum in the southwest 60% of southwest is industrial hub. with the massive infrastructural in the southwest and with the smart city that is been built now southwestern Nigeria alone would be a mighty economic giant on its own. the economy of the slums in Lagos ALONE is bigger than the total economy of the southeast put together. you should hide your head in shame
Ok.

But Lagos is still the only slum named in that list. Even world bank data shows the same. Deal with that.

If you rant finish, you will still sleep inside Makoko, the floating slum. Keep blaming the Igbos.
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by EzeNri(m): 9:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
Revolva:

Hahaha I mean lagos slum I prefer to manage dan other part of nigeria slum ok

See don't downgrade ajegunle oo there are better building there and clubs n hotels ok not all pic you see boutt ajegunle is right about there I was born there and stillrep there ok
I understand better now.
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by teddyYz: 9:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
Priceless200:
No sir, was, long time ago
Okay ma
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by photoshoot(m): 10:12pm On Sep 10, 2016
DriveByKiller:

[s]Where in my posts did I say it is Yorubas that occupied the slums.

You're a petty, little-minded liar without grace or finesse. You're trying to stir up tribal war to hide your inability to substantiate your silly claptrap

Nauseating, unproductive, dirty minded bigot!

If you put half of your Mr. Nairaland pageantry effort into a little research of your country, you won't be churning out ignorant statements that expose your interrupted education faster than MTN print recharge card digits!

Blaming gala sellers for lagos slums is not just moronic, it depicts you as lacking the power to wipe your own shit.

There are over 250 thousand inhabitants in Makoko alone and i don't think all the gala sellers in Lagos number 10 thousand. Why blame them for your filth?

There is simply no government presence in these slums.

Please, clean up your ignorance or better, your self-deceit.
Read about Makoko here and uplift the burden of ignorance from off your shoulders;

http://www.mydnigeria.com/makoko-slum-and-lagos/[/s]

The topic is dead, I do hope we cross part again.
You and your gala selling brothers should leave lagos and it's slum already. Ekwensu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by EzeNri(m): 10:25pm On Sep 10, 2016
Of the top 10 slums in Nigeria, 6 are in SW and 5 out of the 6 are in Lagos. Makoko the floating slum was represented as usual. Brown roof and slum dwelling must be really hard for some people. No wonder dirtiness is in DNA. I no call name ooh. Nigeria itself is a slum, but we still know where the headquarters dey.

http://buzznigeria.com/slums-horrible-places-youll-never-believe-exist-in-nigerian-cities/
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by EzeNri(m): 10:27pm On Sep 10, 2016
photoshoot:

You and your gala selling brothers should leave lagos and it's slum already. Ekwensu
Slum dwelling brown roofer. Life must really be hard for you. You don suffer sha, but God still dey.
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by Bifwoli: 10:28pm On Sep 10, 2016
Oto Ilobo ,Lagos.
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by DriveByKiller: 10:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
photoshoot:

Shame on you!!!

Simpleton. Dispossessed recreant.

I don't reside in Lagos. And if we cross paths virtually after this thread, I will telll you what your father has been hiding from you: you're only a tad higher than a platyrrhinian- monkey. Nature's regurgitated shanty-dweller!

Failures like you are often quick to hide under tribal achievement to cover your nonaccomplishment.

Stupidity-magnet.

Slumming baboon feeling fly.

1 Like

Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by Bifwoli: 10:30pm On Sep 10, 2016

Makoko ,Lagos
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by Bifwoli: 10:32pm On Sep 10, 2016

Bariga ,Lagos .
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by Bifwoli: 10:33pm On Sep 10, 2016

Okababa ,Lagos.
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by EzeNri(m): 10:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by Bifwoli: 10:36pm On Sep 10, 2016

Oworonshoki ,Lagos.
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by Bifwoli: 10:39pm On Sep 10, 2016

Ijora Badia ,Lagos.
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
EzeNri:
Of the top 10 slums in Nigeria, 6 are in SW and 5 out of the 6 are in Lagos. Makoko the floating slum was represented as usual. Brown roof and slum dwelling must be really hard for some people. No wonder dirtiness is in DNA. I no call name ooh. Nigeria itself is a slum, but we still know where the headquarters dey.

http://buzznigeria.com/slums-horrible-places-youll-never-believe-exist-in-nigerian-cities/
u forgot the that its is flat heads that escape there land to the Southwest that dwell in does slums in Southwest . no wonder aba , onitcha are polluted and extremely dirty which it is second to non in the whole planet and Nigeria is not a slum but we all know the most polluted region in the world I no call name oo
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
DriveByKiller:
Shame on you!!!

I don't reside in Lagos. And if we cross paths virtually after this thread, I will telll you what your father has been hiding from you: you're only a tad higher than a platyrrhinian- monkey. Nature's regurgitated shanty-dweller!

Failures like you are often quick to hide under tribal achievement to cover your nonaccomplishment.

Stupidity-magnet.

so even if somebody go they call person baboon a cannibal that was leaving primitive lifestyle that only started were clothe less than 70 years ago too will be talking. wooow life is funny men
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by EzeNri(m): 11:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
michaelandre:
u forgot the that its is flat heads that escape there land to the Southwest that dwell in does slums in Southwest . no wonder aba , onitcha are polluted and extremely dirty which it is second to non in the whole planet and Nigeria is not a slum but we all know the most polluted region in the world I no call name oo
I know you are an illiterate. Makoko the floating slum became notorious since the 18th century. There are about 250000 inhabitants in Makoko and most of them are Afonja.

If Onitsha is as populated as your western slum then why wasn't Onitsha listed in the top 20 slums in Africa. Don't forget that according to UN Lagos is the worst place to live in Nigeria. Onitsha pollution is industrial. Check your facts well. WHO measures pollution in 2 ways, therefore, there are 2 most polluted cities in the world.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/may/12/which-are-the-worlds-two-most-polluted-cities-and-why?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6103732590

Living in a slum under a brown roof must be really hard for you. Any way, God dey sha.

Slum dwellers. Lol
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by DriveByKiller: 11:16pm On Sep 10, 2016
michaelandre:
so even if somebody go they call person baboon a cannibal that was leaving primitive lifestyle that only started were clothe less than 70 years ago too will be talking. wooow life is funny men
So says this dispensable , decrepit retãrd whose father was a publicly executed armed robber! Even in death his history and legacy stink more than his coprse!
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by EzeNri(m): 11:21pm On Sep 10, 2016
michaelandre:
You forgot according to the white men, when they arrived here, they met savages in the SW and organised democratic republican settlement in SE.

Don't also forget that the floating slum Makoko have been in existence since 18th century.

So when SW were busy bowing to one dirty king, the SE were on their own perfecting democracy.
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by DriveByKiller: 11:23pm On Sep 10, 2016
michaelandre:
so even if somebody go they [/cal] person baboon a cannibal that was leaving primitive lifestyle that only started were clothe less than 70 years ago too will be talking. wooow life is funny men

When you swapped your school pen for a gun and became a vagabonding cultist with hollow brains how can you even write properly.

And cheap internet gave you the nerve to face someone like me who is superior to your guttersnipe father in style, class and graces.

You're an irreformable madcap
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by photoshoot(m): 7:05am On Sep 11, 2016
DriveByKiller:
Shame on you!!!

Stupidity-magnet.

Lol cheesy
Now I believe there is something else to this your rant!
Shanty dweller? cheesy you don't know me bro,
Good morning, red mud Weller.. grin

Have you packed your faces today?
Re: AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. by photoshoot(m): 7:07am On Sep 11, 2016
EzeNri:

[s]Slum dwelling brown roofer. Life must really be hard for you. You don suffer sha, but God still dey[/s].

Ogbete feaces grin
Go and pack your shii mehn.
For me and you, who resemble person wey don suffer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Moment A Container Truck Fell And Crushed An SUV (Disturbing Video) / Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats / African Lady Who Lost In The Middle Of Desert In UAE (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.