Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide (29344 Views)

Oil Bunkerers Arrested For Mixing Original Diesel With Kerosene In Lagos (Photos / FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA / FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by dre11(m): 7:15am On Jun 09, 2016
The prices of Automated Gasoline Oil (AGO) or diesel and household Kerosene have skyrocketed across the country.

Diesel dealers told our correspondents that scarcity of the product may be imminent because marketers were now paying more to source the US dollar at the black market to import the product.

In Abuja, findings by our reporter showed that a litre of diesel, which has already being deregulated, currently costs between N150 and N170 depending on the retail outlet.

A manager at one of the Total stations in Abuja city centre said the station had not received diesel for a week now despite being a top seller of the product in the FCT.
“It was N150 per litre but N169 the last time we sold it,” he said.

The price of kerosene also rose dramatically as A.Y.M Shaffa, which is renowned for selling the product, has hiked the price this week from N155 to N165 per litre.

The National Treasurer of the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN), Barrister Dibu Aderibigbe, blamed the hike on two factors.

“It has to do with foreign exchange and the international oil price. The refined product is getting higher since crude oil is going up.

Marketers have to look for forex by themselves and the cost of dollar is almost N370 now,” “As far as DPK is concerned, NNPC is not distributing DPK through any other marketer but their service outlet, if there is a hike NNPC is purely responsible for that,” he said.

In Lagos, the cost of diesel currently hovers between N165 and N180 per litre, which is a slight margin from what it sold some months ago.

Some independent marketers in Ikeja, Onipanu and Lagos Island areas clearly displayed N170 per litre for diesel on their billboards.

Similarly, the price of kerosene per litre in few of the stations, like NIPCO plc is pegged at N145 per litre.

Corporate Affairs Manager of NIPCO, Lawal Taofeek, confirmed to our correspondent that the product is sold for N145 per litre in most of the company’s filling stations.
Others stations confirmed that they do not have the product in stock.

Speaking on the development, IPMAN’s Operation Controller, Mr. Mike Osatuyi, attributed the development to the deregulation of the two products by the federal government.

He explained that the development means that prices of the product would fluctuate from time to time due to variables.

A Lagos marketer, Mr. Johnson Taiwo, attributed the high cost of kerosene to the monopoly enjoyed by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) in importing the product into the country.

Alhaji Isa Shehu Bilbil, an independent marketer in Kano, said the hike in the prices of kerosene and diesel might not be unconnected to the fluctuation of foriegn exchange rates.

He said: “Before the recent development in the forex market, the price was stable but when the rate of dollar per naira went up, the price of the products also skyrocketed.”
Findings by our reporter in Bauchi State revealed that prices of diesel and kerosene have gone up within the last few days.

In most of the filling stations located within Bauchi metropolis, diesel is being sold at N175 while kerosene is sold at N165 per litre.

According to the Director, General Services of Shafa Petroleum, Alhaji Mohammed Hassan, one of the factors that led to the rise in the prices of the two products was scarcity.

He said that most of the loading points in Warri and other places were not loading the products enough to meet demands.

In Enugu, an Oando petrol station official told our correspondent that the price of diesel has suddenly risen to N165 from N130 per litre.

She said her station and many others in Enugu have not received supply of the product.

The manager of Conoil petrol station located at Zik Avenue by Edinburgh Road junction, Enugu, Mr. Chibuike Okorie, attributed the increase to the recent hike in petrol price which, he said, has affected the price of every other commodity in the country.

Daily Trust checks at filling stations located in Port Harcourt and other cities like Oyigbo and Eleme indicated that the price of diesel is soldhas risen to N170.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/diesel-kerosene-prices-skyrocket-nationwide/150319.html
Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by brunofarad(m): 7:20am On Jun 09, 2016
Sai change lipsrsealed

Everyone that checked my profile pic and liked it...
I want to appreciate y'all HERE
Thanks guys grin
From 12LIKES to 83 LIKES

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by TheNonce: 7:21am On Jun 09, 2016
angry

Diesel I no send but kerosene? Very soon madam akara fit disappear from my area be that oh!

Abeg make them take time!

Cc: ramadan peeps! Una no go hala?

8 Likes

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by Mrjo(m): 7:22am On Jun 09, 2016
God dey
Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by idupaul: 7:30am On Jun 09, 2016
Buhari just came to impoverish Nigerians ..where are those that said price of Deisel will drop since it's deregulated

96 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by ShowYourCertificate: 7:37am On Jun 09, 2016
CHANGE

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by 4reala(m): 7:42am On Jun 09, 2016
All dis falls on the head of d poor masses. Chai! Dis Chanji govt. Una no go kill us o

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by dikeigbo2(m): 7:42am On Jun 09, 2016
Excuses,excuses, excuses always,. When international oil price was low,it never reflected on domestic usage,

Always using international price templates when it favours them and discard it when it doesn't.

Imagine how people living by the river bank is now washing hands with spits...Error

38 Likes

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by ObiOkpor(m): 7:46am On Jun 09, 2016
Abakaliki, kerosene #140 a litre.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by Pavarottii(m): 7:50am On Jun 09, 2016
It's called CHANGE. But to be serious every commodity price has "changed". Wow this is real change.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by shortgun(m): 7:54am On Jun 09, 2016
When will Buhari and his minions accept defeat and throw in the towel?
Its obvious that the man and his team lack the the mental capacity to oversee the affairs of a small mechanic workshop not to talk of a country

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by codedguy1(m): 7:57am On Jun 09, 2016
Soon they will tell us that crude price has increased to $52pb and so fuel too must increase.

22 Likes

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by KissCODE(m): 8:06am On Jun 09, 2016
He is a great God
He is a great God
He is a great God
is all i know (singing).

The Lord shall supply all my needs according to HIS riches in glory.

The LORD is my Shepherd I shall not want.

Lord thank you so much because you are taking care of your flocks myself & my family included.
Amen!

29 Likes

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by greatgod2012(f): 8:06am On Jun 09, 2016
The price of every product has skyrocketed.

The most unfortunate part of it all is that those politicians can't really feel what the average Nigeria masses are feeling. They have the money already.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by comos: 8:09am On Jun 09, 2016
Kerosene can be gotten from local refinery here in Niger-Delta,

I keep wondering why Federal Government is destroying them instead of find ways to help bring them up to standard.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by valslove8715(f): 8:17am On Jun 09, 2016
Some comments tho. Baba no dey use kerosene he no dey use diesels how he go come take know say the thing don cost, oh! sorwi baba no dey Nija. We go wait till he come back be that. Nigeria my country.

3 Likes

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 09, 2016
sad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by Honza27(m): 8:29am On Jun 09, 2016

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by weezii(m): 10:05am On Jun 09, 2016
angry

I don tire for Nigeria.

Yet PMB has decided to bail indefinitely. Nothing is working anymore.

Buhari why

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by Toeyoursea(m): 10:06am On Jun 09, 2016
Thank God. Things are getting better. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by MadCow1: 10:06am On Jun 09, 2016
The Oil Marketing Cartel fights back as expected.. grin

How can Petrol be costlier than Diesel.. grin Petrol no get respect? grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by Zico5(m): 10:06am On Jun 09, 2016
I just don't know what government is still doing up to this moment. Why could a government fail to yield to the yearning of the masses. If government could not provide the basic needs of the masses then what is its purpose. In as much as I want change, this is not what I'm expecting. After one year, we are yet to feel the impact in any area. This is too much o.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by Rotty32: 10:06am On Jun 09, 2016
Its well.
Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by 5starmilitant: 10:07am On Jun 09, 2016
Sai barber. grin grin

But no be small work Omenka and them passingshot dey do to defend their olodo messiah and his epileptic government o.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by Checked86: 10:08am On Jun 09, 2016
I need one zombie to give me hope right now

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by beGOOD4aba(m): 10:08am On Jun 09, 2016
And continues while PMB is globetrotting

1 Like

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by Earth2Metahuman: 10:09am On Jun 09, 2016
This is why I don't support deregulation without functioning government alternative or many alternatives in Nigeria.

Disel has been deregulated for more than 10years now but the price never changed.

17 Likes

Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by saraskuls(f): 10:09am On Jun 09, 2016
Well, it's different here
Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by Adesiji77: 10:10am On Jun 09, 2016
angry
Re: Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide by quemod(f): 10:10am On Jun 09, 2016
ObiOkpor:
Abakaliki, kerosene #140 a litre.
True

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Sacks Sheriff As PDP Chairman / Uchechi Okwu Kanu Vows Boycott Of 2019 Elections / Demolition Of Ayefele’s Music House Divides Oyo Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.