Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Bedc: Excessive Estimatin Billing By Bedc - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Bedc: Excessive Estimatin Billing By Bedc (3548 Views)

Tariff Hike By Bedc / Bedc: Excessive Estimatin Billing By Bedc / Bedc: Excessive Estimatin Billing By Bedc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bedc: Excessive Estimatin Billing By Bedc by chimaraiyke(m): 10:39am On Jun 09, 2016
BEDC: EXCESSIVE ESTIMATIN BILLING BY BEDC

I am bringing my case here because this is the only medium my voice and complains can be heard, which also represents millions of Nigerians facing the same agony and humiliation of estimated billing with mutiny by BEDC, who don’t have means to present their case to the general public.

My bills have been coming normal, not until the month of April, 2016. Below is a copy of my bills for proper analysis.

MONTH OF MARCH
Previous Reading was 4767 and Present Reading was 4917
4917-4767=150units * 24.08= N 3612 which is correct.

MONTH OF APRIL
In the month of April 2016, my present meter reading was 5069 units, and this is very clear from the reading the marketer made and wrote on the bill (see picture). I was surprise that, when the bill of April came, they used a manufactured present reading of 5647units instead of 5069units to estimate my bill.

ANALYSIS
Normal Reading
Previous Reading was 4917, Present Reading was 5069
5069-4917=152units *24.08= N 3660.16

BEDC ESTIMATED READING
5647-4917=730UNITS*24.08 = N 17578.4

N 17578.4 for a 3 Bedroom flat for one month without AC, Deep Freezer, Water Heater, Electric Cooker etc. I leave the house by 8am and return by 5pm with only my fridge on. More than 80% of this time there will be no light. So I wonder what they are charging.

MONTH OF MAY
In the month of May, it became worst as they didn’t use any readings at all to estimate the bill even though their marketing staff came to read the meter when they drop the bill. They just wrote 706units as consumption and brought forward a whooping sum of N 17000.48 as my bill for a month. Find attached my bill for the month of May.

This is outrageous and broad-day light stealing, humiliation and oppression by BEDC to Nigerian Citizens of Delta State, Edo and other area of jurisdiction of BEDC.

I have photocopied the said estimated bills to the customer service office and still nothing has been done. All they keep telling me is to go and pay my normal bill; I don’t know which one is normal bill to pay.
From a reliable source, I heard that BEDC Staff where giving a matching order and mandate to generate funds by all means, that the amount they generate, will determine salaries; and since then they have been issuing indiscriminate and unchecked estimated bills on their customers and Nigerians.

I am using this medium to call on the federal government, NLC, Human Right Commissions, the Management of BEDC and other concerned Nigerians to be conscious and aware of the suffering ordinary Nigerians are going through in the hands of BEDC and other Distribution Companies across the country. Enough is enough; we can’t continue to be Slaves in our own country.

Please MOD; bring this report to front page, because it represents the suffering, cry and agony of millions of Nigerians who don’t have a means to communicate their pains.

(1) (Reply)

What Unusual Things Do You Like The Smell Of? / Lagos GIS / Please Help Me With The Title And Singer Of This Old Schools Naija Musics Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.