Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Gov Ambode Commissioned Road Built By CCECC Nigeria Wash Away After Only 18 Day - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Gov Ambode Commissioned Road Built By CCECC Nigeria Wash Away After Only 18 Day (692 Views)

FG Saves $800m On Coastal Railway Renegotiation Agreement With CCECC. / Gov Ambode Commissioned Road Built By CCECC Nigeria Wash Away After Only 18 Day / Nollywood Actress, Genevieve Passes Away After A Protracted Illness (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gov Ambode Commissioned Road Built By CCECC Nigeria Wash Away After Only 18 Day by WB89: 11:03am On Jun 09, 2016
Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, on Thursday 19th May (represented by State’s Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget, Mr. Akinyemi Ashade) commissioned the 1.9km Unity/1st Avenue Osapa London Road in LEKKI, Eti-Osa, saying that his administration would continue to utilise tax payers’ money judiciously to the benefit of all residents.

The Unity/1st Avenue Osapa London Road was designed with standard walkways, drainage system and street light.

Less than 18 days after the commissioning of the same road built by China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation CCECC Nigeria, it has been flooded and is unusable by residents when it rains.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/administrationll-utilise-tax-payers-money-judiciously-ambode/

Re: Gov Ambode Commissioned Road Built By CCECC Nigeria Wash Away After Only 18 Day by ascendo(m): 11:12am On Jun 09, 2016
If i tell you now to go back to school and... So you don't know the difference between flooded and washed away? Must you paint everything bad? Anyone in Lagos State knows that Lekki is flood prone area and the bed is low, not even up to 5m ASL... So get yourself corrected

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Commissioned Road Built By CCECC Nigeria Wash Away After Only 18 Day by WB89: 11:47am On Jun 09, 2016
So i guess in your mind it is acceptable that a road can be commissioned with supposed drainage and then be flooded at the first rains? Well i disagree. Had the road been designed and built correctly it should not be in such state after such a brief period. Your argument that Lagos is prone to flood may be true.....but should new roads not address this? An acceptance of mediocrity and substandard work does not benefit us as a nation or people. Nigerian should learn to speak up and expect more from ourselves and those with whom we entrust with responsibilities

(1) (Reply)

Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Start A New Relationship? / Famous Nairalanders!! How Do I Become One?? / Clearance Sale Of Six Printers 30k(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.