Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges (3756 Views)

Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants / Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets / Buhari To Implement Yar’adua’s Agreement With Niger-Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Orikinla(m): 11:13am On Jun 09, 2016
A new Niger Delta militants' gang has emerged.. Ghen-ghen, behold the NIGER DELTA DEFENDERS! grin

Too much "Ogogoro" alcohol and evil greed cause the insanity of banditry and militancy in the Niger Delta by desperate criminals who careless about the welfare of the host communities of the oil companies.

The first time the Niger Delta gangsters held the federal government to ransom in 2004, and they were given N300 million, their leaders rushed to buy luxury jeeps (my brother in-law from Buguma bought Navigator jeep, moved into a palatial mansion and moved his children to elite private school, while villagers in his community were still drinking poo water) and increased their bachanallian orgies with runs babes from Niger Delta to Abuja.

Fast forward to 2010 with the largesse of the Amnesty truce, they increased their evil greed for blood money and political power as warlords in the Niger Delta and instead of investing the millions of dollars they got to improve the lives of their poor villagers, they misappropriated the revenue allocations for their own luxurious lifestyles. They cheated their own people.

Contrary to their malicious political blackmail against the federal government and multinational oil companies, more than 5000 people from their communities have benefited from annual scholarships from Shell and other multinational oil companies over the years, including multimillion dollar contracts and many financial sponsorships. But they have failed woefully to give back to their communities, because of their evil greed and wickedness.

The new gangsters are those who want to have their turns of sharing multimillion dollar contracts and revenue allocations promised them by the defeated former President of Nigeria, Mr. Goodluck Jonathan who turned the State House guest house into a rendezvous hotel for them when he was in power.
The former President and his Niger Delta militants failed to invest in the development of their communities. And instead of admitting their failures, they have chosen to live in denial of the truth and blame the federal government for the self-inflicted calamities in the Niger Delta.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 09, 2016

11 Likes

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Orikinla(m): 7:52am On Jun 10, 2016
quid:
What has inflation caused by the fall of oil prices got to do with President Muhammadu Buhari's integrity compared to the maladministration of the corrupt and incompetent government of former President Goodluck Jonathan?

5 Likes

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 10, 2016
Orikinla:

What has inflation caused by the fall of oil prices got to do with President Muhammadu Buhari's integrity compared to the maladministration of the corrupt and incompetent government of former President Goodluck Jonathan?
Read this carefully ==>

10 Likes

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 10, 2016
Buhari is useless
Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by wordcat(m): 8:14am On Jun 10, 2016
Nigerian Govt is to blame. Instead of treating the issues raised by the militants, they chose to bribe them by giving bribery different kinds of name like pipeline contract, amnesty program and other useless name thereby creating more militants.

4 Likes

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by jude90(m): 9:42am On Jun 10, 2016
why are people saying that NDA should use dialogue to reslove their differences when they have tabled theor demand which to an extent is very simple and reasonable yet the FG have refused to look into their demand. the problem we have in nigeria is that an average Nigerian is a hypocrite, seeing the truth and turning to the other side placing blame at the wrong place.

2 Likes

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Orikinla(m): 10:36am On Jun 10, 2016
quid:

Read this carefully ==>

2 Likes

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 10, 2016
[quote author=Orikinla post=46441872][/quote]
Let us wait for Lai Mohammed to comment cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Orikinla(m): 10:47am On Jun 10, 2016
googlepikin:
Buhari is useless
Well, Almighty God has blessed and promoted him to become a state governor, federal commissioner, military Head of State and now civilian Head of State and President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
What you can never achieve in your life.
And his cattle ranch can feed you for life.
His children have a better life than you.
He has been more useful to Nigeria than you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 10, 2016
Orikinla:
Well, Almighty God has blessed and promoted him to become a state governor, federal commissioner, military Head of State and now civilian Head of State and President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
What you can never achieve in your life.
And his cattle ranch can feed you for life.
His children have a better life than you.
He has been more useful to Nigeria than you.

6 Likes

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Orikinla(m): 10:49am On Jun 10, 2016
quid:

Let us wait for Lai Mohammed to comment cheesy cheesy
I am waiting for Alhaji Asari Dokubo to comment.

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 10, 2016
Orikinla:
I am waiting for Alhaji Asari Dokubo to comment.
When do we resume blaming GEJ ? smiley smiley

5 Likes

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Orikinla(m): 10:55am On Jun 10, 2016
[quote author=quid post=46442231][/quote].
When you know that Almighty God can use President Muhammadu Buhari for the nation building of a New Nigeria.

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by mrvitalis(m): 10:58am On Jun 10, 2016
Op, just look non of them that support this fools will ever raise a point to canter ur points.. . Rather they will call u names and abuse Buhari

Niger Delta is given 13%
Have NDDC
have a ministry
And our states get the the largest share from oil revenue

And what do we have to show for it??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 10, 2016
Orikinla:
When you know that Almighty God can use President Muhammadu Buhari for the nation building of a New Nigeria.
^^ When will you wake up from this your sleep grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 10, 2016
[quote author=Orikinla post=46441872][/quote]who is to be blamed?
Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Pavore9: 11:08am On Jun 10, 2016
Another group hustling for their own pay and once they are "settled", they are off to a place outside the region to invest their pay check. Asari Dokubo did it.....so the motivation.

1 Like

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Orikinla(m): 11:23am On Jun 10, 2016
Bonny Island has 24/7 power supply from the Nigeria LNG and jobs for all the people. But the community has failed to use these resources to develop their own lives.
They just prefer to continue depending on the handouts of Nigeria LNG without developing their cottage industries like fishery, coconut plantation, modern water transport, beach resorts, etc.
The Niger Delta militants should direct their angst on their corrupt and incompetent state governments.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Orikinla(m): 11:33am On Jun 10, 2016
mrvitalis:
Op, just look non of them that support this fools will ever raise a point to canter ur points.. . Rather they will call u names and abuse Buhari

Niger Delta is given 13%
Have NDDC
have a ministry
And our states get the the largest share from oil revenue

And what do we have to show for it??
Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Orikinla(m): 11:39am On Jun 10, 2016
quid:

^^ When will you wake up from this your sleep grin grin
You see problems to fear.
But I see challenges to conquer.
Optimists lead the world.
But pessimists lag behind.
And pessimistic people always end up kissing the butts of optimistic people.
Stop whining and wailing.

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by dreamworld: 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2016
quid:
Pls bring back our corruption
Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2016
Orikinla:

So allocating N3bn to state house hospital, N1.7bn to feed aisha, and travelling abroad for ear infection is integrity ? Say hypocrisy..

Abi calling foolanis libyans to spare his kin of punishment. Why hasnt he sold the much hyped presidential fleet ?

The only thing booharry has done better than Jonathan is suppressing opposition. He has 90% mark there.

Some businesses who used to make N5,000 profit per day has reduced to N1,000. Keep saying nonsense until hunger makes u wear rags one day.

1 Like

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Orikinla(m): 1:58pm On Jun 10, 2016
Naughtysite:

So allocating N3bn to state house hospital, N1.7bn to feed aisha, and travelling abroad for ear infection is integrity ? Say hypocrisy..

Abi calling foolanis libyans to spare his kin of punishment. Why hasnt he sold the much hyped presidential fleet ?

The only thing booharry has done better than Jonathan is suppressing opposition. He has 90% mark there.

Some businesses who used to make N5,000 profit per day has reduced to N1,000. Keep saying nonsense until hunger makes u wear rags one day.
[size=18pt]Buhari did not cause the underdevelopment of the Niger Delta, but the corrupt and incompetent state governments. Your hero of idiots was the deputy Governor of Bayelsa and later became the executive Governor who collected more than N170 billion in annual revenue allocations and yet failed woefully to improve the welfare of his people. He could not even provide ordinary ferry service.

Make me Commissioner of Tourism in Bayelsa State and within 3 years, I will return more billions of naira every year than the federal government revenue allocations from international tourism. Hovercrafts ferry service alone will generate more than N100 billion every year. The beaches with hotels and resorts will generate more. I am one of the people who promoted the Morocco Mall that is making billions of dollars today.
Only lazy and narrow minded people in the Niger Delta are blaming the federal government for their own administrative failures. My senior old boy, Senator Ben Murray-Bruce knows these facts, but he will not share them, because he is not the state Governor. Even your hero of idiots will not want the current Governor to succeed when his predecessors failed. That is why they are frustrating him to prevent him from achieving great things they failed to achieve in Bayelsa.
You are your own worst enemies.
You all need deliverance in the Niger Delta and not resource control, because you have failed to use the annual federal government revenue allocations like intelligent and reasonable humans. [/size].

2 Likes

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by rose54321: 2:02pm On Jun 10, 2016
There is poverty in the land, if only a quarter of ALL that has been donated to the Northeast is given to the Niger delta region all this will stop.

Boko haram destroyed the northeast, innocent people are suffering,
Oil exploration destroyed the Niger delta innocent people are suffering.

Is it fair to take care of one and neglect the other...

I am against the militants modus operandi -you don't solve a problem by calling for war, they know TOO LITTLE about war to be afraid of it.

But I feel for the people.

2 Likes

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Orikinla(m): 2:35pm On Jun 10, 2016
rose54321:
There is poverty in the land, if only a quarter of ALL that has been donated to the Northeast is given to the Niger delta region all this will stop.

Boko haram destroyed the northeast, innocent people are suffering,
Oil exploration destroyed the Niger delta innocent people are suffering.

Is it fair to take care of one and neglect the other...

I am against the militants modus operandi -you don't solve a problem by calling for war, they know TOO LITTLE about war to be afraid of it.

But I feel for the people.
The Ijaws are my in-laws and I live among them. I also have in-laws in Delta State, Akwa Ibom State, Cross River State and Rivers State. So, I know the facts. Federal government is not the cause of their woes.

2 Likes

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by rose54321: 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2016
Orikinla:
The Ijaws are my in-laws and I live among them. I also have in-laws in Delta State, Akwa Ibom State, Cross River State and Rivers State. So, I know the facts. Federal government is not the cause of their woes.

My dear, firstly if you reread my message I didn't mention nor blame the 'federal government' anywhere..

That said, I believe the past state governments have failed in their responsibility considering the allocations they got.

I also blame the federal government for not monitoring the excesses of the state.
The revenue allocation formula Nigeria practices gives the federal government the right to conditional and unconditional allocations, they chose to give unconditional allocations.

Lastly, the donations I spoke of previously have come from individuals, other state government, NGOs and the likes.

My emphasis was that poverty breeds crime, we as Nigerians cannot truthfully say we have taking care of the oil producing states like we ought to, we fall short.

Whether you or the FG government admit to that is irrelevant.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Orikinla(m): 4:37pm On Jun 10, 2016
rose54321:

My dear, firstly if you reread my message I didn't mention nor blame the 'federal government' anywhere..

That said, I believe the past state governments have failed in their responsibility considering the allocations they got.

I also blame the federal government for not monitoring the excesses of the state.
The revenue allocation formula Nigeria practices gives the federal government the right to conditional and unconditional allocations, they chose to give unconditional allocations.

Lastly, the donations I spoke of previously have come from individuals, other state government, NGOs and the likes.

My emphasis was that poverty breeds crime, we as Nigerians cannot truthfully say we have taking care of the oil producing states like we ought to, we fall short.

Whether you or the FG government admit to that is irrelevant.

Well said.
The Niger Delta Avengers just bombed a pipeline in Bayelsa.
They are.doing more harm than good to the Niger Delta..
They are not doing the wishes of their people.
We no send them to bomb oil pipelines in our land.

2 Likes

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by slimfit1(m): 5:21pm On Jun 10, 2016
Soon they would have nothing to blow but them selves.
Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Orikinla(m): 5:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
slimfit1:
Soon they would have nothing to blow but them selves.
Their sponsors don't even live in the Niger Delta.

2 Likes

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by slimfit1(m): 5:45pm On Jun 10, 2016
Orikinla:
.i
Their sponsors don't even live in the Niger Delta.

You are right this is where our dss are lacking intelligence putting two and two together and all. Who is then giving them locations of the pipes.

1 Like

Re: Another New Niger Delta Militants Gang Emerges by Orikinla(m): 6:21pm On Jun 10, 2016
slimfit1:

You are right this is where our dss are lacking intelligence putting two and two together and all. Who is then giving them locations of the pipes.
The Nigerian Navy should have the intelligence to know.
No surveillance works without intelligence.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. / 10 Things Boko Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau Said In New Video / It's In Nigeria's Interest To Promote Transparency In Extractive Sector-osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.