Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

FCMB And/or GT Trying To Rob Me. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FCMB And/or GT Trying To Rob Me. (461 Views)

FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff / Funny Tweet Between FCMB Bank And The Nigerian Snake (photos) / Man Closes Company Account With GT Bank Over Innoson Saga(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FCMB And/or GT Trying To Rob Me. by Nwachinemere1: 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
On the 14th of april 2016, I went to GT bank at mothercat Port Harcourt to do a transfer to another account. After my transation I decided to withdraw money from my FCMB account via GTB atm machine. After initiating a withdrawal for 8000 I waited only for the atm machine to return my card without paying me. I immediately narrated my ordeal to the security man at the entrance who informed me the ATM was faulty and blocked other customers from using it. I queried why it was not tagged out of service to prevent such occurrence. Without answering my query he asked that I go and make an official complaint to the bank.

I immediately called GT connect and made an official complaint about the faulty ATM which was not tagged out and also my unpaid debit. The lady who answered asked that I give the standard 24hrs for reversal after which I should approach my bank (FCMB) for refund.

24hrs from transaction time was a friday therefore the next working day was on monday 18th of April. I approached my bank and made an official complaint. FCMB did not bother to get back to me on the matter. After about 2 weeks I went back and I was told the request was declined. Another request was sent which also came back declined. I then asked to be shown the film of my transaction which I believe is the next step.

This is another 3 weeks after the last request and my bank keeps telling me that they are still investigating. I am pained because my mum lost 20k in the same manner and I have vowed to see this to the end. Our banks can't keep telling us to embrace online banking and be lackadaisical about rectifying issue that will arise thereof. Things like this did not happen back in the days of counter withdrawal and yet nobody thinks this is a drawback for those championing cashless society.

As much as 8k is not a big deal for me, it will be wrong for me to treat this with kids glove because it could have happened to a student or even render an adult stranded. CBN has to do something about this to prove they are not just paying lipservice to the advocacy for a cashless society.

GT bank and FCMB please kindly return my money.

Cc Lalasticlala
Re: FCMB And/or GT Trying To Rob Me. by Nwachinemere1: 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2016
Lalasticlala please help change the status quo. CBN and consumer protection needs to read this and act.

(1) (Reply)

Klmm / Essential Key To Write A Winning Proposals / Special Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.