Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,714 members, 7,851,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:31 PM

What Is Wrong With Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With Nigeria? (715 Views)

Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. / Releasing Chibok Girls Information Will Damage Ties With Nigeria –UK / What Is Wrong With This Picture Of Ribadu And Jonathan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by conSPIREng(m): 12:02pm On Aug 27, 2009
It's quite a shame! This the only part of the world where robbers become celebrated senators and governors, where militia leaders are given 5-star treatment even in our prisons? Where the government is fast becoming grossly irresponsible by the day, withdrawing from everything via deregulation and privatization and the PDP-Led government executes nothing but always agitating to implement tuition, pump price n tax increase!

I think there is more to the situation of this country than meets the eye. I can't say much here, friends, follow through this link below and I will show you what, not only do I think but surely, is wrong with this country and the solution to the looming problem. It sure will be an eye-opener-I promise you.

click this>>>>http://seunkilanko.com/nigerians-aren%E2%80%99t-we-tired-of-watching/ <<<<<click this
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by ceecee(m): 12:12pm On Aug 27, 2009
There is nothing wrong with Nigeria 'only that we have failed to realize that this project called Nigeria has failed 'period.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by muhsin(m): 12:19pm On Aug 27, 2009
Who knows? grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by conSPIREng(m): 12:34pm On Aug 27, 2009
ceecee:

There is nothing wrong with Nigeria 'only that we have failed to realize that this project called Nigeria has failed 'period.
True, it has failed but we all know that when a person or something fails that is not the end of the story. There is still a way out from where ever we might have gotten ourselves into. Read what is in this link>>>> http://kilankooluwaseun./2009/08/23/nigerians-aren%E2%80%99t-we-tired-of-watching/ <<<< and you will get my drift.

Thanks for ur reply, anyway.

muhsin:

Who knows? grin
That is where the problem lies. Some of us don't while some of us know the problem but have refused to take action. Knowing is not a problem, just follow this link http://kilankooluwaseun./2009/08/23/nigerians-aren%E2%80%99t-we-tired-of-watching/ then you will know.

Cheers.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by emyah(m): 12:45pm On Aug 27, 2009
conSPIREng:

It's quite a shame! This the only part of the world where robbers become celebrated senators and governors, where militia leaders are given 5-star treatment even in our prisons? Where the government is fast becoming grossly irresponsible by the day, withdrawing from everything via deregulation and privatization and the PDP-Led government executes nothing but always agitating to implement tuition, pump price n tax increase!

I think there is more to the situation of this country than meets the eye. I can't say much here, friends, follow through this link below and I will show you what, not only do I think but surely, is wrong with this country and the solution to the looming problem. It sure will be an eye-opener-I promise you.

click this>>>> http://kilankooluwaseun./2009/08/23/nigerians-aren%E2%80%99t-we-tired-of-watching/ <<<<<click this

the only thing that is wrong with Nigeria is putting  all defrente type of  animals  in one cage , there haven't been better Nigeria and it will never be better than it is, if you think it will, tell me why ,
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by muhsin(m): 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2009
emyah:

the only thing that is wrong with Nigeria is putting  all defrente type of  animals  in one cage , there haven't been better Nigeria and it will never be better than it is, if you think it will, tell me why ,

You sound to hopeless, man. There's hope, huh? smiley
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by conSPIREng(m): 1:28pm On Aug 27, 2009
conSPIREng:

True, it has failed but we all know that when a person or something fails that is not the end of the story. There is still a way out from where ever we might have gotten ourselves into. Read what is in this link>>>> http://kilankooluwaseun./2009/08/23/nigerians-aren%E2%80%99t-we-tired-of-watching/ <<<< and you will get my drift.

Thanks for your reply, anyway.
That is where the problem lies. Some of us don't while some of us know the problem but have refused to take action. Knowing is not a problem, just follow this link http://kilankooluwaseun./2009/08/23/nigerians-aren%E2%80%99t-we-tired-of-watching/ then you will know.

Cheers.

Interesting, I will tell you why there will be a better Nigeria. You see, at the end of the dark tunnel lies the light. This nation has been in darkness for a long while just because you and I allowed it. If you can shine your light and I shine mine, this nation will experience a new beginning. I always say a nation is a replica of its citizen. How bad a nation is shows how irresponsible its citizens are. I bore my mind on this issue here>>>http://kilankooluwaseun./2009/08/23/nigerians-aren%E2%80%99t-we-tired-of-watching/<<<<<. It's a matter of decision, until we decide that this country is going to be moving forward no matter the obstacles then it will.

Cry lasts for a night but joy comes in the morning.

muhsin:

You sound to hopeless, man. There's hope, huh? smiley
Thanks, bro! I just think Nigerians need to have a paradigm shift. All lot of them have been brain-washed into believing this Nation has reached its end but I still remain optimistic because I know it all depends on us and sure, some of us are ready to take responsibility for whatever happens to this country. Enough of all the national and international shame on us.

Hope you followed the link and if you did, what is your opinion?

Bye for now.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by emyah(m): 1:50pm On Aug 27, 2009
conSPIREng:

Interesting, I will tell you why there will be a better Nigeria. You see, at the end of the dark tunnel lies the light. This nation has been in darkness for a long while just because you and I allowed it. If you can shine your light and I shine mine, this nation will experience a new beginning. I always say a nation is a replica of its citizen. How bad a nation is shows how irresponsible its citizens are. I bore my mind on this issue here>>>http://kilankooluwaseun./2009/08/23/nigerians-aren%E2%80%99t-we-tired-of-watching/<<<<<. It's a matter of decision, until we decide that this country is going to be moving forward no matter the obstacles then it will.

Cry lasts for a night but joy comes in the morning.
Thanks, bro! I just think Nigerians need to have a paradigm shift. All lot of them have been brain-washed into believing this Nation has reached its end but I still remain optimistic because I know it all depends on us and sure, some of us are ready to take responsibility for whatever happens to this country. Enough of all the national and international shame on us.

Hope you followed the link and if you did, what is your opinion?

Bye for now.

Nigeria situations is more than been sympatetice to each other, and not every end tunnel comes light, some tunnel Leeds to deep ocean while some people die in the tunnel some got blind while hoping to see light at end of the tunnel, the ill situation Nigeria found them self can only be surf, if we can stop suffocating our in one Nigeria.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by puskin: 3:19pm On Aug 27, 2009
ceecee:

There is nothing wrong with Nigeria 'only that we have failed to realize that this[b] project called Nigeria has failed 'period[/b].

Spot on.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by conSPIREng(m): 4:31pm On Sep 14, 2009
puskin:

Spot on.
grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by conSPIREng(m): 11:21pm On Sep 14, 2009
I think Nigeria is filled with intelligent but brain-washed minds. What do you think?
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 11:28pm On Sep 14, 2009
brain washed to believe what?

and what country doesn't brain wash the masses?
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by conSPIREng(m): 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2009
sjeezy8:

brain washed to believe what?

and what country doesn't brain wash the masses?

Brain washed to believe they are helpless and and that they have no right. Don't you helplessness in the attitude of Nigerian. We never believe we have a right and we can fight for it.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by emyah(m): 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2009
conSPIREng:

Brain washed to believe they are helpless and and that they have no right. Don't you helplessness in the attitude of Nigerian. We never believe we have a right and we can fight for it.

Why can't you support the
Right of those who wants to have their republic, that will be a healing to Nigeria problem
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by ezeagu(m): 4:52pm On Sep 15, 2009
Well people like emyah are right, "putting different animals in one cage" has seemed to have never worked and will never work unless those "animals" have a sense of a common unifying factor which is one of the key parts to the definition of a nation. Nigeria doesn't have a 'unifying factor' because some unimportant member of Victoria's Empire thought to pump up his status by drawing the strongest, largest and most powerful African nations he could find in one spot and pull them into one country. Just like Europeans did when going to places with cultures and people completely alien to them, they completely messed up, and that mess up is several African nations today.

People have argued that 'our diversity is our strength', but my argument is for them to show me a diverse country in which this is true and every member of the nation is equal and also have an equal shot at leadership. There are none. In Brazil the whitest Portuguese descendants run the country, in America the English descendants run the country. Everyone from Abraham Lincoln, to Britney Spears is English, check it, come on they created the modern country.

If you even look at Black African nations that have done well by themselves, you would see that the countries, for the most part, have a common descent.

Botswana is 79% Tswana

Ghana is 45% Akan with other closely related groups

Namibia is 50% Ovambo with white and mixed race people making 13%

When people hear people talking about separating, etc they instantly think racism and separating is out of hate, but if a country was independent before, where is the hate in wanting your people to be independent again, especially (and a big emphasis on especially) when the country that their in is not working, and the other groups don't care for each other because of this union?
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by conSPIREng(m): 11:54pm On Sep 15, 2009
ezeagu:

Well people like emyah are right, "putting different animals in one cage" has seemed to have never worked and will never work unless those "animals" have a sense of a common unifying factor which is one of the key parts to the definition of a nation. Nigeria doesn't have a 'unifying factor' because some unimportant member of Victoria's Empire thought to pump up his status by drawing the strongest, largest and most powerful African nations he could find in one spot and pull them into one country. Just like Europeans did when going to places with cultures and people completely alien to them, they completely messed up, and that mess up is several African nations today.

People have argued that 'our diversity is our strength', but my argument is for them to show me a diverse country in which this is true and every member of the nation is equal and also have an equal shot at leadership. There are none. In Brazil the whitest Portuguese descendants run the country, in America the English descendants run the country. Everyone from Abraham Lincoln, to Britney Spears is English, check it, come on they created the modern country.

If you even look at Black African nations that have done well by themselves, you would see that the countries, for the most part, have a common descent.

Botswana is 79% Tswana

When people hear people talking about separating, etc they instantly think racism and separating is out of hate, but if a country was independent before, where is the hate in wanting your people to be independent again, especially (and a big emphasis on especially) when the country that their in is not working, and the other groups don't care for each other because of this union?

You are very right! In Nigeria, I think one of our major problem is lack of unity. We have never agreed on one thing we want for this country.
I heard that every Nigerian first identify himself with his ethnic group before his country. You know how many this ethnic groups are and you can imagine the level of diversity. Diversity is good in some instances but definitely not in this case.

There needs to be a call for the unity of perception. We are all Nigerians and whatever happens to the country will definitely flow down to all these ethnicity or whatever personal interest we are shielding.

Let there be unity of thoughts, perception and goals.

Thanks for your comment and what do you think about this one?
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by DIGS1: 12:17am On Sep 16, 2009
ezeagu:

Botswana is 79% Tswana

Spot on! We need unity to move forward as a nation. A bus with more than one drivers are automatically heading to the bush.

Let's get that right, first, before we can start thinking of Nigeria moving forward. Am I right?
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by conSPIREng(m): 12:44pm On Sep 16, 2009
DIG-S:

Spot on! We need unity to move forward as a nation. A bus with more than one drivers are automatically heading to the bush.

Let's get that right, first, before we can start thinking of Nigeria moving forward. Am I right?

You are more than right. Thanks to DIG-S, ezeagu, emyah, sjeezy8, puskin, muhsin and ceecee. You guys have been wonderful. You have made it fun all the way.

It's when we discuss the progress of this nation and take action that we will move forward. Enough of this national ridicule.

Do you all agree we have got a part to play in advancement of this country? Let's be bent on causing a change and the change will surely happen. I hate to sound like this at a place like this but bear with me.

The discussion is still fresh. Let comments keep following in.

We will all live to see a new Nigeria!
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by DIGS1: 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2009
conSPIREng:

You are more than right. Thanks to DIG-S, ezeagu, emyah, sjeezy8, puskin, muhsin and ceecee. You guys have been wonderful. You have made it fun all the way.

It's when we discuss the progress of this nation and take action that we will move forward. Enough of this national ridicule.

Do you all agree we have got a part to play in advancement of this country? Let's be bent on causing a change and the change will surely happen. I hate to sound like this at a place like this but bear with me.

The discussion is still fresh. Let comments keep following in.

We will all live to see a new Nigeria!

You are welcome. Amen to your prayer, also. More than anything, our action is needed cos the house is crumbling.

Gotta go!
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by conSPIREng(m): 1:18am On Sep 17, 2009
DIG-S:

You are welcome. Amen to your prayer, also. More than anything, our action is needed cos the house is crumbling.

Gotta go!

smiley
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by conSPIREng(m): 1:26am On Oct 03, 2009
When will Nigeria get his independence?
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 1:51am On Oct 03, 2009
When the BrainWash ends? I mean, as long as the people believe they are helpless and have no say, what independence do you expect?
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by puskin: 10:21am On Oct 03, 2009
. . .Im thinking independence from the Northern Oligarchy
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by conSPIREng(m): 7:36pm On Oct 07, 2009
Kobojunkie:

When the BrainWash ends? I mean, as long as the people believe they are helpless and have no say, what independence do you expect?

That is very true! Freedom first begins in the mind- until you start to believe in yourself and know that nobody has the right to deprive you of your rights, then you are free.

However, I can't stop to wonder how this brainwash can be tackled and stopped.

puskin:

. . .Im thinking independence from the Northern Oligarchy

Northern what?
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by conSPIREng(m): 9:17pm On Oct 07, 2009
;d ;d
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by proudly9ja(m): 4:26pm On Oct 08, 2009
There is nothing wrong with Nigeria, there are a lot of things wrong with Nigerians!

When Nigerians sit down and celebrate thieves and scoundrels and people who should be stoned for embezzelment, we encourage our children to go into Government not to make the required change but to eat part of the 'national cake', we glorify people who steal our money and buy cars and houses for themselves meanwhile leaving roads untarred, hospitals ill equipped, schools shut. Yet the same Nigerians die daily on those roads and the ones who barely survive die at the hospital because the doctor is half baked or they can't treat gun shot voctims without police reports.

There is definitely nothing wrong with Nigeria. Nigeria is just a land mass. A very large percentage is arable and very fertile, the rest of it is filled with mineral resources the restof the world would do anything to have. Infact, I make bold to say, Nigeria is blessed! But Nigerians, thats another story.
We are a confused bunch. We complain everyday but do nothing. Rather than encourage those who try to make a change we shout them down and eulogise them after they are dead while whispering to our children not to be like them.

Nigerians look at pain in the eyes and say, 'is that all you have got?'. We are quick to blame our stupidity to external forces and our naivety to 'the powers that be'. We blame everyone but ourselves for our backwardness. We look everywhere but within for a solution.

Our leaders? Now where do I start from? Our leaders are so evil they will make Jezebel Jealous. The devil must have spent extra time training them. They frolick from city to city dashing out few naira notes to hungry Nigerians. Laughing at the rest of the populace at their daily romps. They drive on these same roads everyday but don't care of the roads are tarred, they know all they need to do is throw some money at the dogs and they will get re-selected. They eat the best food, travel to the best lands and their children attend the best schools and they have the best security to keep them from the people they govern.

I have never come across a set of people like Nigerians. Why do we think that we cannot solve our problems? Why do we fail to forget that these people who misrule us are humans and not gods? Why do we always think that every battle for redemption will end up failing? Why do we think it is better to wait for death on the roads or as a result of sickness than to die fighting? Have we not heard the popular saying that 'it is better to die fighting than to live a coward?'

Why would we rather go to work through the hold ups and bad roads exposing ourselves to untold danger and not sit at home until the government does something about the roads?
Why can't we stay at home and let the strikes continue until standard improves in our schools rather than go to school and learn titration from a textbook?
why can't we like the indonesians go to the airport and grind all activities until government hears our views?
We will rather sit at home and watch some boys running around chasing a ball and who in the end will be paid 10,000dollars whether they win or lose while we, those who worked for that money stay at home and remain hungry thinking of where the next meal will come. I mean, what stops us from going to the stadium and venting our spleen on them so they know that next time, its either they stay at their clubs and don't play or they play with all their mights?

I return to your question, is there anything wrong with Nigeria?

I reply again and again, there is nothing wrong with Nigeria, but there are lot of things wrong with NIGERIANS!

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help! Our Country Is Being Ruled Ba A Mafia / Voke Section 144 / Nstional Assembly Gives Usa 7-day Ultimatum On Terror List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.