Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer (43766 Views)

Counterfeit Money: Bread Seller Bags 1-year Jail Term In Lagos / 39-Year-Old Zimbabwean Lady Pays Hitmen $100 To Kill Her Lover (Photos) / N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by Ayostephen1(m): 8:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
A DE KIAKIA 35 years na small thing. Wen he comes from prison he go Dey spend the money. Congratulations sir for ur stealings gods not God Wl Be Wt U Tl We Meet Again In 2051
Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by slynat(m): 8:10pm On Jun 09, 2016
Now what about our politicians?

1 Like

Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by pentzuatzil(m): 8:43pm On Jun 09, 2016
#sai_baba
Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by THYRAIN(m): 8:48pm On Jun 09, 2016
Diz man no deserve diz O!
Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by TomLepskie(m): 9:41pm On Jun 09, 2016
39 yrs, good but how come some politicians who stole billions are getting 5 to 6yrs which are to even run concurrently. Good job anyway.
Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by Afritop(m): 9:46pm On Jun 09, 2016
360metrosports:
Justice Oluwatoyin Ipaye of the Lagos State High Court today, June 9, 2016, sentenced one Olawale Garuba to thirty nine years imprisonment for stealing from the dead.

The convict was arraigned alongside six others in July 2015 for conspiring among themselves to steal over N30, 000,000 (Thirty Million Naira only) from the bank account a deceased customer of a new generation bank where the convict works

I feel the judgement is not fair
Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by niceeez(m): 9:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
Mod be careful of wat u write.a man who was sentenced to 3years and u are writing 39years.DAT is abominable
Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by ADEMOSU(m): 9:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
Ae author=comeandmarry post=46420717]Abehgi the judicial system is useless, why jail a man for 39years.he shud be jailed for 5 years.suxh tins dont happen abroad,when its not a genocide,homicide case,big thieves
Ppl like Saraki,obj,Jonah,ibb,dimeji bankole,tinubu,fashola, dansuki,etc shud be jailed for 60years.
I always tell cooperate thieves,once youve stolen enuf Dat can last you a lifetime,relocate to another country and start life afresh,well he shud Try and take his jailterm in faith
Crime never pays the poor,only the rich and influential
Ole[/quote]

Abbah , not 39yrs ooo
banker in the Nigerian city of Lagos has been sentenced to three years in jail for stealing from the account of a client who had died.

3 yes for 13 count charges to run concurrently
Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by ADEMOSU(m): 9:50pm On Jun 09, 2016
Ae author=comeandmarry post=46420717]Abehgi the judicial system is useless, why jail a man for 39years.he shud be jailed for 5 years.suxh tins dont happen abroad,when its not a genocide,homicide case,big thieves
Ppl like Saraki,obj,Jonah,ibb,dimeji bankole,tinubu,fashola, dansuki,etc shud be jailed for 60years.
I always tell cooperate thieves,once youve stolen enuf Dat can last you a lifetime,relocate to another country and start life afresh,well he shud Try and take his jailterm in faith
Crime never pays the poor,only the rich and influential
Ole[/quote]

Abbah , not 39yrs ooo
Sentenced to three years in jail for stealing from the account of a client who had died.

3 years for 13 count charges to run concurrently
Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by Jacko01: 10:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
This one no be tribe matter

Banks go to any length to punish ppl dat steal from them

I pity the guy..... Ah 39 years

I thought banks just collect the money and sack the person

Him mata must jave pain management gan gan
Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by lordkhalifa(m): 12:11am On Jun 10, 2016
Wide Wild WEST

They have hit the jackpot

Yellow-bar gringringrin
Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by ssogundele(m): 12:16am On Jun 10, 2016
Eddygourdo:
I saw the name. I realised his tribe, I wasn't surprised. Though I feel ashamed because beyond his tribe. He is a bloody nigerian. That terrible nation of fantastically corrupt people. stealing from the dead, stealing from the living, many who mistakenly enter heaven will be jailed for pickpocketing angels when they were singing to the lord. How did we come to be......mistaken creation

I don Laff tire o. So dem go jail 9ja Wey mistakenly enter heaven for light finger abi? Na die be that o
Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by osita76(m): 12:37am On Jun 10, 2016
360metrosports:
Justice Oluwatoyin Ipaye of the Lagos State High Court today, June 9, 2016, sentenced one Olawale Garuba to thirty nine years imprisonment for stealing from the dead.

The convict was arraigned alongside six others in July 2015 for conspiring among themselves to steal over N30, 000,000 (Thirty Million Naira only) from the bank account a deceased customer of a new generation bank where the convict works

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/photos-banker-sent-to-39-years-jail.html

Yorubas are synonymous with fraud
Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by laikas: 1:04am On Jun 10, 2016
wots with the south west n fraud.
Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by Nnachuka(m): 5:33am On Jun 10, 2016
I have three things to say maybe four
1)he didn't deserve that kind of lengthy sentence,yes he committed a serious crime but compared to the things we have been hearing of late that went unpunished,e.g saraki,diezani, this is just minute, although a crime, says a lot about our justice system, three or four years is enough punishment
2)all those saying his yoruba and stuff like that should be a little mature, tbh
3)there is a big difference between tribalism and ethnocenterism
4)remain blessed
Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by tk4rd: 6:17am On Jun 10, 2016
He stole N33m from one single DEAD Customer and was slammed with 39years in Jail..
Politicians stole N400m+ from the money meant for millions of people and got 6months jail (maximum of two years) with a condition of N40m bail which they would easily choose to pay..
This is the real definition of corruption. The masses are totally powerless.
Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by 19naia(m): 6:32am On Jun 10, 2016
So, what of the billions stolen from the Nigerian federal republic accounts Where are the faces and long prison sentences for those culprits? Their own stealing sef was often a cause of death to many rather than stealing from the previously deceased.
The Military generals who stole military funds, stole military equipment funds while soldiers were sent to prison for not going to fight for lack of equipment and na those generals sef send them to trial for imprisonment. The generals sent them to die at war without proper equipment and the soldiers used their good sense to refuse going. Then the generals sent them to court marshal where they were imprisoned. And now it has been found that the problem started with the very generals themsleves who stole the money meant to equip the soldiers for combat duties.
Give the generals the soldier's sentences with added sentence for stealling the loot.

1 Like

Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by LemonBoy1: 8:47am On Jun 10, 2016
I think ya'll should understand that the Nigerian justice system works by arguments and evidence which can only be manipulated by expensive lawyers and law firms. The young man in question didn't steal enough money to hire such expensive Lawyers and SANs to argue his case hence the wonderful package he got from the Judge.

Our politicians steel in hundred of millions and billions so there is too much money enough to higher the highly placed and most established lawyers. Some even hire international lawyers to defend their crimes.

*message: if you must eat frog, eat a very big frog* with a capital letter F cos you might just be able to share it with an angry snake irrespective of its appetite.

1 Like

Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by euroboy95: 9:44am On Jun 10, 2016
ON behalf of the Name checkers of Nairaland, Im the secretary General Reporting from the South east Zone enugu state close to the Government house.

AND NAME CHECKED (Olawale Garuba) i was Not DISAPPOINTED grin because its what i expect Ofe mmanu(yorubas) and there love for SCAM.....

Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by shesluvin(f): 10:06am On Jun 10, 2016
when it comes to international crimes, it's IGBO. While local crimes can be shared between other tribes.
Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by Avril83: 10:38am On Jun 10, 2016
All these mushroom towncriers/blogs (I refuse to classify them as journalists) need to get their facts right before publishing news. I was in court and the man was not sentenced to 39 years. It was a 10 or 11 count charge and the judge sentenced him to 3 years each which are to run concurrently for 6 counts and 4 years each which are to also run concurrently for the other 4 counts meaning he was sentenced to 7 years imprisonment in total. The person that started the news doesn't know the meaning of "concurrently" obviously.
Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by utonwa4u(f): 11:50am On Jun 10, 2016
fulfillment2020:
Someone remind me his NAME please.
OLAWALE GARUBA
Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 11, 2016
Yorobbers/yorubads are so goo in all forms of crime,sins and abominations.from murder to rape to lying to hypocrisy to beastiality to rituals to occultism to robbery
Re: Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 11, 2016
Yorobbers/yorubads are so good in all forms of crime,sins and abominations.from murder to rape to lying to hypocrisy to beastiality to rituals to occultism to robbery

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Missing After Visiting Online Girlfriend In Calabar / 19-Year-Old Boy Kills His Girlfriend In Benin, Dumps Corpse By Roadside / EFCC Arrests Ahmed Idris, Accountant General Of The Federation For N80billion F

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.