Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Deplorable State Of The Aba-ikot Ekpene Highway - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Deplorable State Of The Aba-ikot Ekpene Highway (994 Views)

Another Nigerian Man Takes A Nap With His Car In The Middle Of Highway / Panic As Vehicle Goes Up In Flames On Lagos Highway. Photos / Car With Witch Number Plate In Abuja Spotted Again On The Highway. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deplorable State Of The Aba-ikot Ekpene Highway by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 09, 2016
On a supervisory visit today to Aba, my team and I had to visit Nlagu, a community on the boarder between Abia and Akwa Ibom... The road was good till we got to a terrible portion which all cars and trucks had to swim in fairly deep water. Luckily, we rode in a hilux so we went in and out without stress... Not so for a few buses and cars.

This is a federal road. Oga Fash please order the contractor back to work.

Re: Deplorable State Of The Aba-ikot Ekpene Highway by justiniyke29: 7:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
Y complain it's all about CHANGE
Re: Deplorable State Of The Aba-ikot Ekpene Highway by kennethik: 5:59am On Jun 11, 2016
This road has been like this for years,pls don't bring in any issue of change here

2 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of The Aba-ikot Ekpene Highway by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 13, 2016
Last time I plied this road was in 2001, the road wasnt this bad, I think the people of IK did not vote for akpabio, so he abandoned them .

its sad Ik used to be a popular spot for those going to Lagos, pH from Calabar and Uyo.

That was before the construction of the Uyo Ogoni Rd. Its a shorter route, if repaired.
Re: Deplorable State Of The Aba-ikot Ekpene Highway by DECOtech(m): 10:06pm On Jun 13, 2016
I used that road on Friday and had to tow my car back to the workshop. till now I'm still working on it.
Re: Deplorable State Of The Aba-ikot Ekpene Highway by kingreign(m): 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2016
DECOtech:
I used that road on Friday and had to tow my car back to the workshop. till now I'm still working on it.

This road, I passed it in April. So its now worst?

I recall we had to do a detour thru a bush track. Na wa o
Re: Deplorable State Of The Aba-ikot Ekpene Highway by fortunejum: 11:27am On Jun 14, 2016
kaeforum:
Last time I plied this road was in 2001, the road wasnt this bad, I think the people of IK did not vote for akpabio, so he abandoned them .

its sad Ik used to be a popular spot for those going to Lagos, pH from Calabar and Uyo.

That was before the construction of the Uyo Ogoni Rd. Its a shorter route, if repaired.
The`bad`road`or`spot`is`in`Aba, Abia`state`not`IK

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of The Aba-ikot Ekpene Highway by mbembe: 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Last time I plied this road was in 2001, the road wasnt this bad, I think the people of IK did not vote for akpabio, so he abandoned them .

That was before the construction of the Uyo Ogoni Rd. Its a shorter route, if repaired

Akpabio is from IKot Ekpene and he fixed the roads in that axis. The issue has to do with the lack of foresight exhibited by Ukwa/Ngwa political leaders, including the guy currently in the helm of affairs in the state..
Re: Deplorable State Of The Aba-ikot Ekpene Highway by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 16, 2016
fortunejum:

The`bad`road`or`spot`is`in`Aba, Abia`state`not`IK

ok, that means the ik axis is good then.

Why are ibos always mean to themselves, too much sense is bad. sad

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Take A Look At This Weird Plate Number Spotted At California / Please Is Nigeria Used Hyundai Elentra 2000 Good To Buy???? / Car Battery Heats Up When Driving, Please Advise...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.