Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Multi-level Marketing Scams Thread - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Multi-level Marketing Scams Thread (949 Views)

Five Common ATM Scams And How To Avoid Them / How To Promote Your Multi Level Marketing Business On Google / What Is Wrong With Multi Level Marketing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multi-level Marketing Scams Thread by AgoraRoad(m): 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2016
Post pictures of people that are into MLM and stories of how your friends or people you know that got into one of them.

I will Start

Looking at my FB newsfeed and this girl I went to high school with has constant photos of her and her family at these business conventions with endless motivational quotes selling to "find your own success". Basically sounds like bullshit.

I had experience before with Vector and that Cutco shit so I knew this was fishy before I even asked. Got curious so I asked. Apparently her family had been working with "ACN Canada", a "leading provider of essential services". Basically in all her posts its all about how her and her team want to "help people find success" and "share wealth with a team", etc, etc.

So I asked her what it was all about. She said we needed to meet up and chat about it. She also said its "an opportunity I cannot miss". She explains how the company works: you ONLY have to pay $500 as a start up fee with the company, you get friends and family to sign up for services like phone bills, internet bills, cable, etc, with you under ACN, and thus every time your friend pays for their monthly bill, part of it goes to you. Sounds great? There's more.

Every time you get new people (or several) to sign up with ACN (again, pay the $500) you gain a ranking within the company and apparently make more money. However, it is on YOU to find new customers, harass your family and friends to join/sign up for services.

I said I'm probably not interested but thanked her for meeting with me. She didn't stop calling me for 2 weeks after the meeting - almost daily, telling me that I'm missing out.

Then I look online for ACN scam and TONS of people are shitting on this company saying that most people that gain, will never make that $500 back. There are apparently tons of hidden fees such as something like $10 a person for weekly meetings, hundreds for training conventions around the USA that members pay their OWN MONEY FOR, not to mention hotel bills, travelling, etc.

Basically ACN is a gigantic scam and it's a shame that people still believe in these schemes in 2016.
Re: Multi-level Marketing Scams Thread by AgoraRoad(m): 7:07am On Jun 10, 2016
/
Re: Multi-level Marketing Scams Thread by omariojake: 9:03pm On Aug 11, 2016
Why MLM?
Of course you already have your financial goal. You have a way to get there. But having another way or indeed multiple ways to get there cannot be a bad thing can it? Assuming things didn't work out with your way of choice, does it mean that you will have to settle for a mediocre lifestyle?

MLM experience without education, training and practice is usually rubbish. Imagine someone complaining about his driving experience without any education, training and practice. I mean the dude should be doing some thanksgiving in the church not complaining.

So MLM is not bad if the company behind it is genuine and you are a MLM litrate.
I likened MLM to the long ladder in a snake and ladder game. It is a financial leverage that can dramatically change your lifestyle all of a sudden. But first, you need your education which you can get for free @ www.omariojake..com

NOTICE!!!!!
I haven't tried to sell you any opportunity and I wouldn't even bother to. When you understand what MLM truly is without all the hype and sweet talks, you will decide how you want to proceed and if this kind of business is for you or not.

For those who say they can't do this business because they cannot speak to strangers or approach people or don't want to disturb their friends and family, well I guess we've moved passed that now because I'm solving all those problems right now just by typing this and I don't feel a thing. I'm probably laying on my bed with just my boxers on. And you are not my family member or friend yet. You came here trying to get good information about MLM and I have that ready for you on my website.

Guess what?, you are not the only person searching for more information about MLM. Others are out there. Offline and online and yes, they are all searching just like you.

So how about getting some information and training for free? Visit www.omariojake..com
Re: Multi-level Marketing Scams Thread by Ben1975(m): 6:32pm On Sep 17, 2016
Hi

#First of there are over 2000 MLM companies in the world today you cannot say they are all no good based on limited information
# Not all network marketing companies require you to pay such large fees to be a distributer. my own is free.
# You dont need to arrass friends and family, I dont. infact that is a rookie way to recruit
# Many people say particular network marketing programs are not legitimate primarily because they haven't taken the time to actually understand the whole process fully.
# If you join a MLM program legally you are a self employed business person building a business. Money comes through diligently applying effective recruiting strategies and customer gathering methods of which it is clear people in that program were not showing you.
# The people who you were interacting with are not experienced there are many obvious since of that

I wish you all the success

sincerely

Ben

(1) (Reply)

Savings Account and Inflation: You are losing more money than You think / MOTIVATION: A Graduate Of Accounting Seen Hawking Food With A Wheel Barrow In Ek / Why Emeka Chose Us! Paulson Steel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.