Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,974 members, 7,863,472 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:24 PM

Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity (22277 Views)

FG Can No Longer Fund Capital Projects Provided For In 2017 Budget / Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws / Shell To Fund Niger Delta Cleanup With $1 Billion - Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Nobody: 1:19am On Jun 10, 2016
I am not surprised it is coming from BAYELSA.
But they can fund Jobless youths during Elections

11 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by deepfreeze(m): 5:17am On Jun 10, 2016
By the time Dickson is throug with you guys over there. , the lots of you will wish Aregbesola had been your governor...

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by sorepco(m): 5:30am On Jun 10, 2016
I am surprised no ssid anything about the 400.000 million recurrenr expenditure a month. So you spend close to 5 billion per snum in paying salaries?? What then capital expenses?
Even the blind can see that its fraud at play here. There is no way such a uni can spend 400m on recurrents!

CyerSeries:
I'm n a wailer but I must admit, this is the worst governor Nigeria has ever produced. angry angry angry ... This governor is a very shameless and hopeless idiot. Even my small Ebonyi State has been funding EBSU and Ebonyi State College of Education and School of Health Technology since 1999. What is he doing with the jumbo allocation he recieves every month, the IGR from oil companies, etc?... Nawa oo shocked Please nobody should quote me angry angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by 989900: 5:31am On Jun 10, 2016
Businessideas:
What do you expect?? Just set up a department or Faculty of Pipeline Blow up Technology and your youths will troop to the university.
Nonsense. These are the 'leaders' that should have been visionary enough to know that the amnesty payment will destroy their youths. You have not seen anything yet, just wait until the children of these generation of pipeline destroyers and lazy amnesty collectors grow up. Shiorr .
When a state like Ogun State has more than 5 tertiary institutions and no single one is even allowed to die.Osun and Ondo states even have two universities!!

That's some business idea you got there. cheesy

Who else sees 'almajiri Bayelsa parish' loading?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by 989900: 5:32am On Jun 10, 2016
sorepco:
I am surprised no ssid anything about the 400.000 million recurrenr expenditure a month. So you spend close to 5 billion per snum in paying salaries?? What then capital expenses?
Even the blind can see that its fraud at play here. There is no way such a uni can spend 400m on recurrents!

N400m is roughly a third of Ekiti's monthly allocation!

Give the whole oil money (including the JV shares for them multinationals) to this kind of people, they will squander it wella, with nothing to show for it.

ND Republic, I dey hail o!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by sorepco(m): 5:33am On Jun 10, 2016
How many belong to the government? Is it bell..bowen...or covenant??
Businessideas:
What do you expect?? Just set up a department or Faculty of Pipeline Blow up Technology and your youths will troop to the university.
Nonsense. These are the 'leaders' that should have been visionary enough to know that the amnesty payment will destroy their youths. You have not seen anything yet, just wait until the children of these generation of pipeline destroyers and lazy amnesty collectors grow up. Shiorr .
When a state like Ogun State has more than 5 tertiary institutions and no single one is even allowed to die.Osun and Ondo states even have two universities!!
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by sorepco(m): 5:36am On Jun 10, 2016
I think its free to indigenes...those peeos are adverse to paying for anyyhing

bejeiodus:
Grant the university some autonomy and stop breastfeeding it. The university can generate enough money to keep itself alive.

3 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by 989900: 5:44am On Jun 10, 2016
No be only me go see this kind 9th wonder of the world.
Modath, Omenka, 'Shot' (Passingshot/Dropshot) cheesy , Babacele and all our kind hearted neighbours, ur r cordially invited to the fund raising dinner for the NDU.

7 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Izonpikin: 6:11am On Jun 10, 2016
That's a very foolish governor up there...I am from that state and I can unequivocally call seriake dickson a failure and an olodo... angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 10, 2016
sorepco:
I think its free to indigenes...those peeos are adverse to paying for anyyhing

Free university education? You must be kidding. Who does that in this day and age? The governor should introduce some fees and damn the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by mu2sa2: 6:31am On Jun 10, 2016
Shukuakukobambi:
A little Perseverance Mr Dickson. The avengers are on their way to rescue Bayelsa.

By the time they're through with bombing every every, money will appear.

Just allow them finish dealing with buhari and Tinubu first.
These terrorists are living in their mist; they are not spirits. The 13% derivation is based on onshore production. Let them allow the criminals called nda reduce production to zero barrel in the state and the state will end up getting zero naira as derivation!

15 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by AZeD1(m): 7:03am On Jun 10, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Falls from banana tree grin grin grin
You know what? On second thoughts I've realized that the best way of solving this ND militancy crisis is to just leave them alone. Forget about our oil for now and see this as a blessing and sign from God to discover other potentials and mineral resources in other parts of the country. FG should even abort federal projects there sef cos the militants would likely go blow them up. Totally ignore the region. Let them continue destroying their lands, one day my brothers and sisters will wake up to the harsh reality that they've been doing themselves all along and it will humble them by force, then Nigeria would have discovered other revenue generating areas and would care less about our oiyel, then maybe the same militants will start begging the FG to come back and explore the oiyel.
Smh.
I'm from that region but honestly I think it's high time my people learnt a very tough lesson.
I am with you on this one. We need to rid our people of this oil mentality. If I had my way, the government would not negotiate with any militant.
When hunger starts to kill us, we will sit down and do the right thing.

11 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by OlujobaSamuel: 7:13am On Jun 10, 2016
sorepco:
ogun state is having more state owned tertiary institutions than any other state, after it is ondo or osun.
osu, tasued, mapoly, about 3gateway poly, 2 or 3school of nursing, a teaching hospital.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by SuperS1Panther: 7:31am On Jun 10, 2016
bejeiodus:
Grant the university some autonomy and stop breastfeeding it. The university can generate enough money to keep itself alive.

This is not the best option.

Like someone suggested, let the Scavengers blow the University up, so that there will not be students there again.

When there are no students, you will not need the lecturers and other staff, the Gov will not have to pay any salary again and Bayelsa State will be richer. Simple as ABC.

Keep up with your good works - The Niger Delta Scavengers.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by kenotabor(m): 7:53am On Jun 10, 2016
Dats d more reason Whhy d Avengers are so Angry. because d people oof Niger Delta don't even enjoy a bit of. Wat is coming frmm their land.
sparrowkid:
So Amosun of Ogun State na baba with the highest number of tertiary institutions in the country. A whole oil producing state with 13% derivation cannot manage a single university. Na real wah o.
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by mekanaky: 7:54am On Jun 10, 2016
Sweetlemon:

You know what? On second thoughts I've realized that the best way of solving this ND militancy crisis is to just leave them alone. Forget about our oil for now and see this as a blessing and sign from God to discover other potentials and mineral resources in other parts of the country. FG should even abort federal projects there sef cos the militants would likely go blow them up. Totally ignore the region. Let them continue destroying their lands, one day my brothers and sisters will wake up to the harsh reality that they've been doing themselves all along and it will humble them by force, then Nigeria would have discovered other revenue generating areas and would care less about our oiyel, then maybe the same militants will start begging the FG to come back and explore the oiyel.
Smh.
I'm from that region but honestly I think it's high time my people learnt a very tough lesson.
Ask bihari if Nigeria can exist without Niger Delta
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Esso95(m): 8:05am On Jun 10, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Smh.
And you think they won't explore other means for the sale of the oil? What you typed above is exactly what they're fighting for. A greater regional fiscal autonomy. If the FG leaves the main stay of their economy in this economical crunch; who do you think will gnash its teeth in months?
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Orikinla(m): 8:06am On Jun 10, 2016
dridowu:
The Governor of Bayelsa State, Mr Seriake Dickson, on Thursday disclosed that the state government could no longer continue funding the state-owned Niger Delta University in Wilberforce Island, Amassoma.

Dickson, who spoke during a meeting with the Governing Council and principal officers of NDU in Government House, Yenagoa, noted that he could not sustain the existing funding system owing to the present poor financial standing of the state.

He called on the striking workers and management of the only state-owned university in the state to be more resourceful and innovative in generating revenue for the institution.

The governor noted that a situation where the state government’s monthly subvention of about N480 million is spent on only the university’s recurrent expenditure was ‘unsustainable’.

He harped on the need for the University leadership to be prudent in the use of funds, with a view to enabling the institution gain some degree of financial autonomy.

Dickson called on the Academic Staff Union of University, ASUU, to call off the ongoing strike action caused by the sharp drop in state revenues.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/06/09/dickson-we-can-no-longer-fund-niger-delta-varsity/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

2 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Dandeson1(m): 8:09am On Jun 10, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Instead of Dickson to tell the Avengers to blow the goddamn University off the surface of the earth so that he won't have any University to bother about funding, he is here yearning dust.
lolgrin your fada ooooogrin my younger brother is currently schooling in that uni. Na your house dem go blow
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Orikinla(m): 8:10am On Jun 10, 2016
Shukuakukobambi:
A little Perseverance Mr Dickson. The avengers are on their way to rescue Bayelsa.

By the time they're through with bombing every every, money will appear.

Just allow them finish dealing with buhari and Tinubu first.

6 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Izonpikin: 8:12am On Jun 10, 2016
Just take a look at his big nose....ugly thing we call a governor... angry
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Ebiyejohngmail: 8:12am On Jun 10, 2016
It means the governor wants them to increase school fee, how will parents pay when he not paid salaries for over five months now

1 Like

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Earth2Metahuman: 8:13am On Jun 10, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

ogun state is having more state owned tertiary institutions than any other state, after it is ondo or osun.
osu, tasued, mapoly, about 3gateway poly, 2 or 3school of nursing, a teaching hospital.
Oyo is second
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Businessideas: 8:13am On Jun 10, 2016
sorepco:
Even though, you could have "asked " Google but let me indulge you with the list of tertiary institutions in Ogun State!
1. Ogun State College of Health Technology, Ilese, Ijebu Ode.

2.Gateway ICT Polytechnic,Sapaade.

3.Tai Solarin University of Education.

4.Moshood Abiola Polytechnic

5.Olabisi Onabanjo University .

6.School of Nursing, Abeokuta.

7.School of Nursing, Ijebu Ode.

8.School of Nursing,Ilaro

11 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Crieff(m): 8:14am On Jun 10, 2016
sorepco:

You trying to be sarcastic or what?
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Earth2Metahuman: 8:15am On Jun 10, 2016
Esso95:

And you think they won't explore other means for the sale of the oil? What you typed above is exactly what they're fighting for. A greater regional fiscal autonomy. If the FG leaves the main stay of their economy in this economical crunch; who do you think will gnash its teeth in months?
where will the money come to drill oil after they have bombed everything?
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by TheSociopath(m): 8:16am On Jun 10, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
We Igbos are the one that developed Ogun state

You mean the way you are developing India and Malaysia? I see that you lack the mental acuity to make sense on this social platform, Go and develop Ebonyi. Tcheew.

11 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by tbaba1234: 8:16am On Jun 10, 2016
Esso95:

The most senseless way to agitate is blow up pipelines. Nigeria can move away from oil dependence but the damage to the environment and the health of the people from pipeline explosions will last for decades.

And who is going to clean up the damage? Ogoni clean-up is paid for by the polluting JV. Who will pay for blown up pipelines? Certainly not a militant group.

I am from the Niger Delta

13 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by snadguy007(m): 8:16am On Jun 10, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Instead of Dickson to tell the Avengers to blow the goddamn University off the surface of the earth so that he won't have any University to bother about funding, he is here yearning dust.
Hahaha..... You be craze man i swear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:19am On Jun 10, 2016
They should hand it over to the FG the way UNIBEN, Benin; Uniuyo, Uyo and NAU, Awka.
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Crieff(m): 8:22am On Jun 10, 2016
mu2sa2:
These terrorists are living in their mist; they are not spirits. The 13% derivation is based on onshore production. Let them allow the criminals called nda reduce production to zero barrel in the state and the state will end up getting zero naira as derivation!

Plus the monthly allocation will be equivalent to states that do not produce oil.... Strictly on population, working class demographics and other variables usually considered for stuff like that.

Sai NDA!
Sai NDSS!!
Sai JFND*!!!!
Sai every other prospective bombing late comer!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Esso95(m): 8:34am On Jun 10, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
where will the money come to drill oil after they have bombed everything?
If only you understood the power of oil in the interantional market.
Clue: you think the boys buy the few arms they operate with?
There's certainly an exchange.
Mineral resources are powerful means of exchange.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Garuba Umar Appointed As Lagos Commissioner Of Police, Replaces Fatai Owoseni / Osun Election: Lawmakers Begin Hand-over Of Power From APC To PDP / Four-yr-old Twins Suffocate To Death Inside Car In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.