Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws (33349 Views)

If the Presidency was zoned to South East, who has your vote? / Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency / Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by ijustdey: 6:13am On May 17, 2017
Seriake Dickson, governor of Bayelsa state, on Tuesday, described the five years administration of ex- President Goodluck Jonathan as a wasted opportunity for the Ijaws.

According to The Nation, Dickson said ministers and other presidential aides from Bayelsa lost the unique opportunity of attracting development to their domains because they were after selfish interests.

He spoke at the Ijaw House, Yenagoa, where handful of Ijaw leaders and youths gathered for the annual celebration of Adaka Boroh, the hero who fought and died for the Ijaw struggle for self-determination.
Dickson led John Jonah, his deputy, and members of his cabinet to the event.

Also at the event were Twon Brass, former military administrator of old Rivers state, Alfred Diette-Spiff, a monarch, wife, daughter, other family members of the late Boroh and some traditional rulers.

Speaking before laying wreaths at the tomb of Boroh in the Heroes’ Park, Dickson said the persons who served in the presidency during Jonathan’s era failed to work with him in the quest to bring development to the state.

Instead, he said they were preoccupied with “devilish plot” of unseating him and installing another governor in his stead.

“They suffered from the Bayelsa-Ijaw disease of pulling-him-down syndrome,” Dickson said.

The governor lamented that similar scenario was playing out in the current administration at the federal level, where ministers and aides from the state had refused to use their positions to assist his government’s developmental efforts.

“It is true that we are celebrating Boroh, but ask yourself whether you are doing your bit.

Boroh came, saw and did his bit and has gone. I and my team have come and we have taken up the battle from where Boroh stopped and we are doing our duties,” he said.

“Each of us must examine ourselves and to be frank we have not done very serious examination in this state and in the Ijaw nation. We cannot blame God. God has been very merciful and kind to us particularly of late.”

https://www.thecable.ng/dickson-jonathans-presidency-waste-ijaws

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by Lifestone(m): 6:15am On May 17, 2017
It's a big shame that after 8 years in the Presidency, with 6years as the President, Bayelsa can not lay hands on any serious developmental project done to advance the course of the Ijaws.
GEJ and Co was not only a waste for the Ijaws but also for Nigeria and the youth

230 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by Smellymouth: 6:16am On May 17, 2017
Hhmmm

1 Like

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by ApolitiCal: 6:16am On May 17, 2017
Jonathan ' s presidency is a waste for the whole country and not for only Ijaw

163 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by Rollymax77(m): 6:16am On May 17, 2017
Don't even know what to write, well all I see is betrayal everywhere, Oga Jona, learn to trust nobody except yourself in the future.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by Nobody: 6:19am On May 17, 2017
grin grin grin grin

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by benedictnsi(m): 6:19am On May 17, 2017
let's hope his own years in office will not be a waste for the Bayelsans

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by ApolitiCal: 6:21am On May 17, 2017
Rollymax77:
Don't even know what to write, well all I see is betrayal everywhere, Oga Jona, learn to trust nobody except yourself in the future.

Even, when someone is saying the truth, it is betrayal... Right?

161 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by sarrki(m): 6:25am On May 17, 2017
Not to ijaws alone sire

To God and Humanity

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by sarrki(m): 6:26am On May 17, 2017
unclezuma:
Look at this wasteful "Dickson"...Oga shut up and go pay workers their salaries...

Uncle nah lie

He have said nothing but the truth

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by sarrki(m): 6:28am On May 17, 2017
guttentag:
@justwise please unblock Me on the travel section
Sorry I used a harsh tune on you last time

Here nah travel section?

Can't you say something about the man that ruined our economy?

Jonah failed God and humanity

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by NOC1(m): 6:29am On May 17, 2017
I said it before D*ckhead, nothing will ever tell you that a president emerged from that state of recent, no landmark project.
today the Kadunna inland port is ready for commissioning, just in two years. but the Brutu sea port at Jonathan backyard was never touched. for those who dont know Jonathans father Edwin Clark is from that LGA, his son was the LGA chairman till this new adminstration.

but this man Di*khead has no right to voice out, the worst sin is biting the finger than fed you. the karma comes with AK47

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by omenkaLives(m): 6:29am On May 17, 2017
It wasn't just a waste for Ijaws only, it was a waste for Nigerians as the record earnings during his era never translated into visible progress on ground.

That said, what exactly has this man achieved for his own people? I hardly see pictures of him cuting any tapes anywhere.

Worthless canoe paddling giant oaf.

But what do I know sef? Let me come and be going jor.

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by EzekaUdene: 6:32am On May 17, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
It wasn't just a waste for Ijaws only, it was a waste for Nigerians as the record earnings during his era never translated into visible progress on ground.

That said, what exactly has this man achieved for his own people? I hardly see pictures of him cuting any tapes anywhere.

Worthless canoe paddling giant oaf.

But what do I know sef? Let me come and be going jor.
[/s]
Buhari's presidency is currently a natural disaster to Africa and Nigeria precisely

kiss the truth

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by Maduawuchukwu(m): 6:33am On May 17, 2017
Every regions presidency has been useless to it be it GEJ's. Obj's, Buhari's or Gowon,sM Once in office you get to know that u can't help but focus on all of Nigeria.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by Bigcake: 6:34am On May 17, 2017
This fat monkey should go and pay salaries.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by Babacele: 6:35am On May 17, 2017
hmmm waste is an understatement, it was a disaster.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by YonkijiSappo: 6:35am On May 17, 2017
It wasn't a waste for Flattiies though. He built the 2nd Niger bridge for them, and 2 international airports at Owerri and Enugu. Plus the Aba - Port Harcourt road and several other highways in the East.

That was why they decided to give him like 98% of their votes as a "Thank You" gesture.. grin

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by luvinhubby(m): 6:37am On May 17, 2017
The North has over 40yrs of the presidency, which Northern state is truly developed?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by Jabioro: 6:39am On May 17, 2017
The early the better you people understood his time as monumental waste to your domain in every aspect..

1 Like

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by Jabioro: 6:41am On May 17, 2017
luvinhubby:
The North has over 40yrs of the presidency, which Northern is truly developed?
Must you follow bad example or must your area replicate the northern system..

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by Pavore9: 6:41am On May 17, 2017
Even Dickson is talking! He should also ask himself, how as he brought development to Bayelsa with the billion that have accrued to the State since he assumed office?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by greatiyk4u(m): 6:44am On May 17, 2017
EzekaUdene:
[s][/s]
Buhari's presidency is currently a natural disaster to Africa and Nigeria precisely

kiss the truth

Does that stop the fact that GEJ presidency was not just a waste to humanity but a mistake Nigeria cannot afford to repeat?

Why wailers like you claim Buhari destroyed our Economy

Did he equally destroy "standard rail system, steady power supply,good health service system,standard airports and roads" supposedly built by GEJ?

The cheap commodities we stupidly celebrated during his tenure was as a result of abuse of waivers by his cronnies to import all sorts of sub standard materials into Nigeria market

GEJ just like IBB will only be remembered in Nigeria politicosphere as the men that legalised corruption cum embezzlement of our resources

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by Nobody: 6:44am On May 17, 2017
so finally they have come to realize GEJ was, is and would remain a clueless and ineffectual Buffon, not only a waste to the Niger delta, but a monumental waste to Nigeria. aka stealing is not corruption.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by Nobody: 6:45am On May 17, 2017
sarrki:

Uncle nah lie

He have said nothing but the truth

grin grin grin grin

Don't let me use all the frustrations of Bayelsan Civil servants to swear for you this cold morning...

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by Igboesika: 6:46am On May 17, 2017
Lifestone:
It's a big shame that after 8 years in the Presidency, with 6years as the President, Bayelsa can not lay hands on any serious developmental project done to advance the course of the Ijaws.
GEJ and Co was not only a waste for the Ijaws but also for Nigeria and the youth
Will you shut up !. Was he the president of Ijaws or Nigeria ?. People like you would have accused him of favoritism if he had only concentrated on his people.
Unsatisfied human beings everywhere.

I can see the wonders Buhari is performing in Aso rock.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by KidsNEXTdoor: 6:49am On May 17, 2017
Jabioro:
Must you follow bad example or must your area replicate the northern system..

When last did you say ill of the north
The hypocrisy of Afonjas is mind bugling

Repeat after me
Jonathan didn't do well but
The northerners including the one on seat are worse
Say it afonja and be free

4 Likes

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by Arda1000(m): 6:49am On May 17, 2017
Yes Gej tenure was a waste but A. P. C is the worst thing that has happened to Nigeria.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by ImaIma1(f): 6:51am On May 17, 2017
EzekaUdene:
[s][/s]

kiss the truth

Let's not deviate. The post is about Jonathan. Keep this your comment somewhere safe so that when there is a post about Buhari you can bring it out and post it.

24 Likes

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by waledeji(m): 6:54am On May 17, 2017
Igboesika:

h
Booking space to shout Afonja as usual, I'm very sure na you go first shout Afonja on the thread before your co.travelers join you cheesy cheesy cheesy

21 Likes

Re: Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:56am On May 17, 2017
Jona sef go regret he came from ijaw.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Saraki, Okorocha In Monrovia For George Weah’s Inauguration / Meet Ragnar, Aiden And Liam: Femi Fani-Kayode Triplets (Photos) / RRS Patrol Vehicles Stationed In Strategic Points Across Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.