Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years (10639 Views)

Senate Seeks Ban On Importation Of Palm Oil Into Nigeria / EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. / EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by tafrica(m): 1:03pm On Jun 10, 2016
Is this not the agriculture we are shouting to go back to?
We can not preserve and make tomatoes available for Nigerians, we can not even export out beans to Europe.
Farmers are being displaced from their farms due to Fulani Herdsmen activities.

My brethren, ND oil is the air Nigeria breathes and survives on, the effect of its dwindled production is already telling and will affect other sectors. I doubt we can make reasonable national development from agriculture anymore, subsistence farming cant grow this nation as we dream of it. Seems we can not survive without Oil, I will rather advice this govt to appeal to the people of ND, they have right to call for the control of their resources, only negotiation and appeasement can make them shift ground a little.
If Oil is worthless, let's abandon it for agriculture.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by holaralph(m): 1:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
MakeWeTalk:
Every Since Buhari became president,
Nigeria has become synonymous with bad news!

If we dont want bad news anymore, we need to get rid of Buhari
....... REALLY
Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by Inspectahdeck(m): 1:22pm On Jun 10, 2016
Why can't we do the right thing for once. Always looking to cut corners.

So the bean we eat has too much pesticide which is harmful.

Hmmm

1 Like

Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by agitator: 1:33pm On Jun 10, 2016
NavierStokes:
The same beans whose ban was reported to have been lifted due to Buhari's foreign trips?
The authorities should do the right thing and Buhari wouldn't need to travel to negotiate beans export as our trade partners will buy naturally.

me too read am for nairaland oh, all the aisha rice eaters no allow pesin see anything again. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by Perceptor(m): 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
Mtcheew! beans wey neva reach us here b4
Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by NavierStokes(m): 1:43pm On Jun 10, 2016
agitator:

me too read am for nairaland oh, all the aisha rices eaters no allow pesin see anything again. shocked shocked shocked

Like it's said, if the government does the right things they wouldn't have to struggle to list achievements. It will be clear for all to see.

1 Like

Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by delishpot: 1:44pm On Jun 10, 2016
Na wa O. And we wonder why Nigerians are dying of kidney failure and other such diseases these days? Can you imagine what they are giving is to cook in Nigeria? no regulatory body to check the quality if food farmers and traders bring out of their farm/store to sell to the public?

1 Like

Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by ridwanayo(m): 1:47pm On Jun 10, 2016
God where as nigeria gone wrong,over a year now its from on bad news to the other.
So all this bubu foreign trip na bullshit
God please save nigeria oh
Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by seekier(m): 1:47pm On Jun 10, 2016
Nigeria na Titanic

1 Like

Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by Temidayo9(m): 2:19pm On Jun 10, 2016
isnovic:
This is an indication how careless our Health Managers are?

Imagine the unregulated amount of toxin Nigerians consume. The failure of Kidney, Liver and other diseases seems to be rise because our Food and Crop Inspectors are casual with their job.

Plus given the required time to meet the EU export specification, no tangible plan was set out to achieve this.

O God save us from those we entrust to secure our well being.

Forget all this oyinbo saying rubbish, my grand pa ate same beans till he died at age 120, how come he no die young due to chemicals beans?
Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by saintneo2: 2:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
mightycrown1:
it is better to under go these bottlenecks now and get them right to enjoy later, than to enjoy now and suffer at the later end. bombing, banning, blocking etc.; will become history someday.
NIGERIA SHALL BE GREAT AGAIN.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
GOD BLESS BUHARI

You sound very much like the chickens and Boxer(the stallion) in the Animal Farm by Eric Blair George Owell.
Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by ayindejimmy(m): 2:37pm On Jun 10, 2016
Joel3:
my prediction is finally coming to pass. that Buhari will fall out of favor from the western world.

It would be recalled that EU banned importation of Nigeria’s dried beans in June 2015 on ground that the produce contains high level of pesticide considered dangerous to human health.

The ban came in June and Buhari became President in May last year.

I guess few days is enough to call it Buhari’s fault.... As usual
Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by isnovic(m): 2:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
Temidayo9:

Forget all this oyinbo saying rubbish, my grand pa ate same beans till he died at age 120, how come he no die young due to chemicals beans?

....because your grandpa ate his beans fresh from the farm.

No storage pesticide was used except good old manure.

1 Like

Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by 400billionman: 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2016
bender79:
Buharis bad luck is unprecedented.

His matter don tire pesin

He is never good at anything. Only blame game.

God who dealt with Abacha, where are you ?
Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by Ajewealth123(m): 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2016
Make dem kuku kill us,untop this hardship na him dem dey ban beans too
Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by greatmen: 3:39pm On Jun 10, 2016
Agunechemba1:
Una never chi chumtin
Ahahah we go drink our oyel eat your beans grin grin

1 Like

Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by 400billionman: 3:39pm On Jun 10, 2016
Beehshorp:
I though zombies said bubu travels is to repair rltionships which Jonathan destroyed with other countries in europe.. Hw come d ban still stands or is bubu just going to charge his fone as wailers said...
Well we are still waiting for his travles to start yielding positive results

The first ban was in June 2015 under booharry .

The man nah bad market. It was supposed to be lifted this month but they extended it till end of his wicked tenure in 2019..
Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by greatmen: 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
See the agriculture pple they shout about yam, beans, rice blabla lool better make peace with biafra and nigerdelta o! If these wayo eroupeans decide to support them una dun finish a word is enough for the wise, see the US embassy statement lately, you go know sey things dun change grin grin grin
Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by PT001: 4:54pm On Jun 10, 2016
When we're trying to encourage exports. This is not good news.
Re: EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years by kpolli(m): 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2016
I thought there was an earlier thread that Buhari's govt had caused them to lift the ban. So it was a lie

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Successfuly Start Onion Farming In Southern Nigeria / 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria / 'Agriculture Is Working In Nigeria' - Agric Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.