Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) (41889 Views)

Yvonne Nelson And Jamie Roberts Delete All Memories, Unfollow Each Other / Yvonne Nelson: Are Nigerian Pastors Interested In Preaching Or Offering? / Yvonne Nelson Shows Off Sexy Figure In New Stunning Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by NovusHomo(m): 12:22pm On Jun 10, 2016
Shortyy:
Ghana must go

Shortyy must stay. grin
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by pedrilo: 12:22pm On Jun 10, 2016
Ghanians una sorry oh, we dey see una dey cry but we nor dey hear una cries because our president nor dey word again o
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by MarieSucre(f): 12:24pm On Jun 10, 2016
shamsuRana:

His mumuism is acrobatic.

ziggy3579

Fallacy of relative privation ("not as bad as"wink – dismissing
an argument or complaint due to the existence of more
important problems in the world, regardless of whether
those problems bear relevance to the initial argument.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wikiList_of_fallacies#Red_herring_fallacies

Coz Ghana, USA and the rest of the world has the same issues does not mean we should not complain about ours.
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by Ajewealth123(m): 12:25pm On Jun 10, 2016
sixtuschimere:
Yesterday, the shocking photos of the latest flood in Accra, Ghana, emerged and they show how much the capital has bowed to the torrential rains.

And this is not the first time such tragedy would occur.

In June 2015, Accra almost sank after heavy rain which flooded the capital caused a fire outbreak that left many people dead.

Back then, Ghanaians took to social media to blame their government for the incident. However, actress Yvonne Nelson apportions blame to the citizens for the recent incident.

Hours ago, the actress who rose to fame through Nollywood took to her Twitter to call out her people, reminding them of how much they had contributed to the tragedy.

See her tweets and photos from the incident above

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/06/we-caused-all-this-yvonne-nelson-cries.html
is that a street or country being waterlogged or an artificial swimming pool? Nobody should say any rubbish about Ghana,Nigeria is no better
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by ekefre4(m): 12:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
nsiazu:
undecided How much will it take a government to put up a good drainage system? African politics though, But Ghana still has 24/7 power supply than Nigeria and you can't see light out even when it rains. #Fact
Oga stop lying. There was no light throughout yesterday
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by ekefre4(m): 12:34pm On Jun 10, 2016
Ajewealth123:
is that a street or country being waterlogged or an artificial swimming pool? Nobody should say any rubbish about Ghana,Nigeria is no better
That's circle area. Construction is going on there,I guess that contributed mostly to the flood.
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by moshino(m): 12:34pm On Jun 10, 2016
nsiazu:
undecided How much will it take a government to put up a good drainage system? African politics though, But Ghana still has 24/7 power supply than Nigeria and you can't see light out even when it rains. #Fact

And how much will it cost the citizens/masses NOT to LITTER, but use garbage bins and common sense... everybody has a RESPONSIBILITY to fulfill, in EVERY country... Ghana, Nigeria etc. Are you doing your part, or are you depending on, and blaming government for everything.
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by MrCEO69(m): 12:44pm On Jun 10, 2016
iamord:
There is an ongoing project known as conti project going up there to resolve the drainage issue. It's a case of poor urban planning but I see it being solved with the complete ruin of the kwame nkrumah interchange

Do u mean it will #RUIN! Why say so?
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by iamord(m): 12:48pm On Jun 10, 2016
MrCEO69:

Do u mean it will #RUIN! Why say so?
typo. I mean with the completion of the interchange the problem would be solved. But the people should also play their part by keeping the place clean and not clogging the canals. The act of social responsibility should be embedded in everyone
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by SleekAboki: 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2016
It was hell driving from east lagon to circle yesterday. It's currently drizzling here in Accra now and could rain heavy again today.
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by slap1(m): 12:58pm On Jun 10, 2016
It's a pity. I hope the disaster is contained.
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by shamsuRana(m): 1:20pm On Jun 10, 2016
MarieSucre:

ziggy3579

Fallacy of relative privation ("not as bad as"wink – dismissing
an argument or complaint due to the existence of more
important problems in the world, regardless of whether
those problems bear relevance to the initial argument.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wikiList_of_fallacies#Red_herring_fallacies

Coz Ghana, USA and the rest of the world has the same issues does not mean we should not complain about ours.

shocked
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by MrCEO69(m): 1:41pm On Jun 10, 2016
iamord:
typo. I mean with the completion of the interchange the problem would be solved. But the people should also play their part by keeping the place clean and not clogging the canals. The act of social responsibility should be embedded in everyone

Yeah, that's the best way to go for now, keeping canals clean.
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by Akorkor(f): 2:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
Anyone that come to Ghana for vacation is actually wasting his or her time and money. Its better you go to togo sef. Everything is damn expensive.

Ask how much you go even get ordinary chivita wey dem dey sell for naija for #250 or 300, you go get am Ghc11 almost #550 in official rate and black market rate is 880.

They are not open and if you greet them is as if they force them to reply you. Please Ghanaian are not who you think they are. They are even dubious stylishly.

Nothing in Accra, is a dry land, labadi beach is dirty, only mall you see there... White has taken over all their businesses.

#Enoughsaid.

If you dont have any reasonable income, Ghana is no place for vacation. #Myownview
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by DONOCHAS(m): 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2016
Dat is really bad
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by davewhizy: 2:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
Mechanic go make small money this weekend for ghana
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by linkin8k(m): 3:27pm On Jun 10, 2016
nsiazu:

What will it take for citizens to know that they play a role in disasters likes this and are more culpable than the government?

Our attitude to things that don't "seem" to affect our immediate environment and family is awful. If people learn to just properly dispose waste and not mindlessly throw it out of their car windows or drop it straight in the drainage, these kind of things won't happen.
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by evy1(m): 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2016
nsiazu:
light out even when the rain is drizzling ooo.dumsor dumsor.
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by evy1(m): 3:40pm On Jun 10, 2016
ekefre4:
Oga stop lying. There was no light throughout yesterday
grin grin leave the guy Na make him continue to dey lie.

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by bezimo(m): 3:48pm On Jun 10, 2016
From Texas to Lekki to Ghana.

Rain wahala!!!
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by HRHF: 5:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
nsiazu:

No be so my man. dyu do take the light plus eletricity tarriff high scatter.
14k a month is what i pay and i hardly use heater or iron nor fridge.
#NO PLACE LIKE HOME.
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 10, 2016
NewSheriff:
Don't be a fool. They wouldn't experience such if their government built a good drainage system within the city. The blame is on the government.

Was there no drainage system?
You are among those who thinks the government should be blamed
for the mismanagement of social amenities by the citizen. The drainage was blocked unconsciously by the citizen who dumps refuse in the drainage.

I think you are the fool here. Senseless Dude
grin grin grin
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 10, 2016
felifeli:

[size=14pt]Those senseless individuals used to say that one too!! grin grin grin grin[/size]

Senseless dude, I asked a question, not a comment.
Kindly consult your English teacher (if you have one) for better understanding

grin grin grin
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
dason4life:

Was there no drainage system?
You are among those who thinks the government should be blamed
for the mismanagement of social amenities by the citizen. The drainage was blocked unconsciously by the citizen who dumps refuse in the drainage.

I think you are the fool here. Senseless Dude
grin grin grin
A disaster like this won't occur if there's a good drainage system. I guess you know better than Yvonne Nelson who tweeted about the bad drainage system.

An average zombie. Get lost.
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by felifeli: 6:14pm On Jun 10, 2016
dason4life:

Senseless dude, I asked a question, not a comment.
Kindly consult your English teacher (if you have one) for better understanding

grin grin grin
I had hoped it was a comment because only a senseless individual will ask someone else to indict someone they have both never met before by asking a question on Nairaland. You really mean it was a question or you want to CHANGE your mind ? grin grin grin grin
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 10, 2016
NewSheriff:
A disaster like this won't occur if there's a good drainage system. I guess you know better than Yvonne Nelson who tweeted about the bad drainage system.

An average zombie. Get lost.

Since English Language is a problem to you, let me help you out.
Check the Picture below and read the words underlined in red ink.

People like you accuse examination bodies for failing you when you are indeed the
real cause of your academic failure.

grin grin grin grin

Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 10, 2016
felifeli:

I had hoped it was a comment because only a senseless individual will ask someone else to indict someone they have both never met before by asking a question on Nairaland. You really mean it was a question or you want to CHANGE your mind ? grin grin grin grin

Whosoever had paid for your tuition fee, wasted a fortune.
The school that ought to have taught you also scammed your academic sponsor(s).
Instead of you to make amendment, you are exhibiting your stupidity; even on social media.
embarassed embarassed embarassed

It no longer a laughing matter, you need help
Re: Yvonne Nelson On Ghana's Torrential Rain (pics) by felifeli: 7:28pm On Jun 10, 2016
dason4life:

Whosoever had paid for your tuition fee, wasted a fortune.
The school that ought to have taught you also scammed your academic sponsor(s).
Instead of you to make amendment, you are exhibiting your stupidity; even on social media.
embarassed embarassed embarassed

It no longer a laughing matter, you need help
[size=14pt]
Bros , YOU are a LAUGHING MATTER grin grin grin[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guests At DonJazzy's Birthday Party Receive N120k Each As Birthday Souvenirs / Teni Goes Against Stingy And Cheating Boyfriend In Portugal As Ladies Scream / Peter Okoye Signs DJ Switch To His Record Label

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.