Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Hip Hop The Chains - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Hip Hop The Chains (526 Views)

Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work / Hip-hop Legends, Eric B And Rakim, and Dave Chapelle Are For Trump (lol) / Pilots In The House, Hop In Here. (2) (3) (4)

Hip Hop The Chains by Mrkingzz(m): 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
"Guy, Abeg na you go trans me ooo. I no remember to withdraw and I no dey use atm"
Toby said as we walked down the road to board a bus to the venue of the gig where he is expected to perform his latest song.
I still wondered why people invited him to perform that song; I felt the track was empty and the only thing I could hear was 'Oshe Baba ... Skibo' and a noisy instrumental that sounds more like kids playing with stainless plates.
Well it was his latest single and was already trending on Jambase, TooXclusive and NotJustOk as he would always say, even South East Linda, 9jamasses.com, FranklynOnwubiko.com dey BC the track, except I don't know if his extended family were doing him the favour of waking their ancestors to download and make the song trend. I sure know that no sensible man would waste his MB on such whack noise. Yes, you could make the mistake of downloading it due to the hype, but sharing it is a taboo you would rather not commit, so I wonder how and where the song is trending. All these broke upcoming artists can give themselves hope sha.
"Jeez! I forgot something, I have to go back" Toby said as we approached the bus stop.
"What did you forget?" I asked with such concern that the item must be valuable, probably his Durex condom, at least that was valuable for a Guy's wallet on a friday night.
"I forgot my chain, just wait for me, I am coming" he said and ran out without waiting for me to say a word.
Huh! I had to wait for him because of his chain, not like it was so important, probably to him but not to Me. And the chain in question was a bronze round about that have changed colour, you can't tell whether it was bronze or silver.
What's so important about the chain anyway? It is just so with most hip hop artists, especially the up coming ones. With just one single that is still under production at AfroBank Studio or Studio 48 they've bought different shades of chains for shows they ain't even sure they would be called for.
It is more annoying when you look at the shades of these chains, Bronze, clay, aluminium not even Gold or Silver. It might appear as Gold on the first day, but when rain meets you, it would change from the fake to the original colour. Who buys original gold for N500? Only Upcoming artistes.
Their attire most times can be very irritating, someone is wearing a Coat or Blazers he borrowed from Tino Clothings and he has 7 chains on his neck like Baba's dogs on rampage.
Funny enough the dude is still owing Mr. Marz or AJ for the instrumental he...
Continue reading www.9jamasses.com/2016/06/hip-hop-chains-by-augustus-bill.html

Nigeria Air Force (kaduna) / Ican November 2016 Diet! The Earliar The Better / How Much Does Mark Zuckerberg Actually Make In A Year?