Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,607 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work (9966 Views)

Help, I'm Having Challenges At Work! / Lady Sacked For Not Wearing Bra To Work In US (Photos) / Is Spending 500 On Transportation A Day To Work Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by imohchard(m): 1:59am On Dec 11, 2016
This thread is for everyday workers, those who work fulltime.
Bankers, Accountants, Customer Service, Techies, anyone who has to wake up in the morning and go to work.

Lets share experiences.
Where do you stay?
Where do you work?
When do you wake up?
How do you get from home to work?
Whats your resumption time?
Whats your closing time?
When do you actually get home.

Lets get a conversation going on this.

2 Likes

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by Mopolchi: 6:52am On Dec 11, 2016
I DEDICATE THIS FTC TO EVERYONE THIS SUNDAY.

Well to the topic: From my area to Marina when I dey Lagos , no be small journey. I dey wake up around 4-5 am waka reach Mile 12 under bridge to enter staff bus just to go early. Traffic dey dey for dat ikorodu road no be small. Coming back na worse. I dey siddon for motor from 5 dey reach home by 10:30 pm.

5 Likes

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by rockiedink(m): 6:52am On Dec 11, 2016
It depends...

Sometimes I drive my car...

Sometimes I do public transport...

I'm cool like that

3 Likes

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by initialize(m): 6:53am On Dec 11, 2016
rockiedink:
It depends...
I'm cool like that

I am just like you.

I easily get tired of driving through Lagos traffic so before going out, I look out to the express to check if the road is free, if the road isn't I set out to take the bus but then you get to the bus-stop and immediately i start having regrets as to why I didn't drive my car:

Reason for regrets includes:

1. Staying too long at the bus stop cos the Oshodi bus available is either going to bolade or Oshodi express but won't get to Oshodi Underbridge. grin

2. When i eventually gets Underbridge bus, the driver reaches Underbridge then he refuses to stop, he continue driving till he gets to somewhere closer to mushin than the Oshodi I paid for before matching break and d conductor starts screaming "Oya! E Bole"

3. Na only me comot for house and I paid for only myself but when I reach my bus stop, the conductor will merge me with 3 other people when I ask for my #150 naira change

4. The distance from the place where the Oshodi bus drops me to the next park to enter Bariga bus will make me always call pure water sellers.

5. I have to put on a face cap whenever I'm not driving cos I know there's possibility of staying under sun for too long at one spot due to not getting bus on time.

6. I put an eyeglass in my backpack cos it will be useful if I have to call "okada" whenever the cost of entering bus during Agege Motor way traffic is almost similar in value to that of taking Okada. I wear the eyeglass to prevent dust from entering my eyes.

7. Be ready to deal with pepper, onion, goat shit, etc smell if you enter Abule-egba bus from Ile-epo

8. Sweat, dust, dirt from public transport chair and sometimes the rusted metal body of the bus will put ur clothes in a situation of pity and you wished you just not so lazy with driving.

Despite all, I enjoy entering public transport cos u meet other pple, I can use my phone when not driving therefore my business doesn't pause, the fights and arguments are always anticipated cos they are usually entertaining and I sometimes like listening to hearing the chants by the conductors whenever they want to hail the union guys that collects money from them.

Mixed feeling; I will still leave my car at home tomorrow to enter bus to Computer village, Ikeja (I go enter Ikeja Inside, and I go "wole pelu changi mi"wink

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by feodan: 6:53am On Dec 11, 2016
I leave D House 1 hour be4 I resume, From Odo-Ona Kekere 2 , Anfani Going back home by 7pm is a little bit stressful. sha,, #Ibadan

1 Like

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by seunfly: 6:53am On Dec 11, 2016
Ok
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by stobery(m): 6:54am On Dec 11, 2016
I flex GEJ train to work from KD to Abj

5 Likes

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by shevchenko(m): 6:54am On Dec 11, 2016
rockiedink:
It depends...

I'm cool like that

Do yoi have a car ? Can you afford one ?
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by sakalisis(m): 6:54am On Dec 11, 2016
grin
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by Catastrophe1: 6:55am On Dec 11, 2016
None.., cos I don't hv to go to work err day.
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by angelTI(f): 6:56am On Dec 11, 2016
My house to work is not far and transport fare is 200. It's about 30mins because I take 3 kekes

I live and work in Lagos

5 Likes

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 11, 2016
grin grin grin grin

My office is a 10 minute walk from my apartment...

9 Likes

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 11, 2016
I jump like two danfos frm ikotun, den stil jump enta boat b4 getting to my wrk area( snake island). I feel comfortable driving on lagos roads only on saturdays n sundays bt on wk dayz, na danfo, keke n bike sure pass.

1 Like

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by Catastrophe1: 6:59am On Dec 11, 2016
angelTI:
My house to work is not far and transport fare is 200. It's about 30mins because I take 3 kekes

I live and work in Lagos
do you work on Saturdays?

2 Likes

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 11, 2016
I do not take transport to work.My work place is close to my house.

2 Likes

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by dollaflow(m): 7:00am On Dec 11, 2016
Ok
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by LuckyLadolce(m): 7:02am On Dec 11, 2016
grin
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by dfrost: 7:03am On Dec 11, 2016
It takes me 30 minutes to get to the office via tricycle or commercial motorcycle. On Thursdays I'll have to trek to the bus stop which is annoying because I'll be sweating by then.

Thursdays are reserved for sanitation.

1 Like

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by rawtouch: 7:04am On Dec 11, 2016
e nor consign anybody, work for myself..
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 11, 2016
I work from 8am - 1pm. Takes me 5mins to get to work.
Civil service Is for lazy men like me

5 Likes

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by Sezua(m): 7:07am On Dec 11, 2016
4 sale.
My comment can be found under this plot of land

2 Likes

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by Sezua(m): 7:07am On Dec 11, 2016
Stay at ikotun work at ikeja...if u know these two locations i dnt need to explain futher

4 Likes

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 11, 2016
Zapzin:
office or shop

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by twilliamx(m): 7:09am On Dec 11, 2016
I swing to work.

7 Likes

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by Lincoln275(m): 7:09am On Dec 11, 2016
I stay at dopemu, my work is at alaba suru/mile 2 area, its always tough in d morning especially on Monday morning so therefore I wake 5am and start looking cheap bus going to oshodi, sometimes it might take me 30mins from cement bus stop to oshodi, from oshodi now I will enter big bus 50naira to mile 2. d transport fare is fair but traffic is my problem. despite the fact that I wake as early as 5am I will still get to work 7:15am. coming back is another stress, I take 50naira big bus to oshodi and from oshodi to my bus stop is #70 brt and #150 danfo. the stress is.much but glory b to Almighty

4 Likes

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by tolexy007(m): 7:09am On Dec 11, 2016
Be4 I stay in Dopemu side, I woke 4:30am or sometimes 5pm, I will queue for Brt at the Brt park close to under bridge, cos I work at CMS in Lagos island, the brt cost 160 naira, sometimes I got to work around 7am sometimes 8 depend on the traffic, but coming back home in the night, I enter Brt around 5pm or past five, at the front of freedom park, got to dopemu around 8 or 9 sometimes 10, depend on traffic, because that mangoro, cement are mostly there to encounter.the Brt still cost 160 naira, so to and fro cost 320 naira, but Now I stay in Bariga, I woke up sometimes 6 or 6:30, get dress up enter bus going to Yaba 100 naira, from yaba enter Brt 50 naira to CMS got to work around 8am or to 8. coming back I enter #100 yellow bus at front of CMS bookshop, drop at iyana oworo treck from iyanaoworo to my Bariga, most times I got home 6 or 6:30....stress full Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 11, 2016
Zapzin:
office or shop

Oga nah one small gona for one lungu like that for my area.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by lonelydora: 7:14am On Dec 11, 2016
Team Staff bus. E no consign me whether holdup dey or not. I resume work the moment I join staff bus, if e like make e reach office by 11am.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:15am On Dec 11, 2016
PissedOffWeed:
Good day all.....Please I really the help of you my dear and fellow nairalander!!
My sis Amarachi by name is on a Hot seat right now, as she is contesting for a pageantry "Ada Isikwuato"... I applaud her courage to even attempt to contest at this period when pageantry is somehow being ridiculed.
I decided to throw my support and weight behind....I make mouth sey she gonna win the Online Vote on FaceBook cos of the family I belong to, Nairaland of Course!
I need a massive Vote from you great guys and sweet ladies.. I don use una boast wella.....Pls just vote for her through the link below..then comment under her pix with either #AdaIsikwuato or #GettingBigger!
May God Bless you all!! Voting Ends Today's nite... Pls help me guys! She's Contestant Number 5!!!
https://m.facebook.com/adaisuikwuatocontest/photos/a.1201446163217453.1073741828.1201330346562368/1442301035798630/?type=3&comment_id=1449085435120190&_rdr#1449085435120190

Any time I hear that word....... grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by Bisjosh(f): 7:16am On Dec 11, 2016
I work in VI and stay at Mile2/Festac area.
It takes about 1hr-1hr15mins to get to work.

Its one thing getting a bus and another thing for it to load fast.
Traffic factor
etc

Theres staffbus but i dont join it most times cos of the distance from my house.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 College Staff Die In Abia Over Salary Arrears / Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? / How To Survive A Job Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.