Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About (67443 Views)

Photos of Many Unseen Projects By Yahaya Bello in Kogi / Check Out Road Projects By Governor Yahaya Bello In Kogi / Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 10:41am On Sep 30, 2023
For those who don't understand the meaning of white elephant.

It just simply means bojo boju. The more you look the less you see .

Of course they are beautiful oh so precious, but the purpose of building it is useless because it will eventually end up in ruins .

First on the list we start with bobo Chicago Dubai.

When you ask the Ronu nomenclatures what did Bola do in Lagos them go dey do erhmm ermmm.

OGA what did he do ? Erhmmmm but he build Eco Atlantic.

Now Eco Atlantic is a white elephant project.

To even start with it's not for the common man , middle class or what you classify as rich .

Only super rich.

To make you understand a rent in eco Atlantic for one of the semi building partially completed is more than 3 million for 1 bedroom flat.

Uncompleted building o.

Lagos - Perennially uncompleted, environmentally unsustainable, hilariously expensive, private-sector-led-but-distinctly-Ajaokuta-esque, Tesco-value Dubai off the coast of Victoria Island.

Looks sexy in its glossy Autocad renders though.

Courtesy the only slayer of giants

117 Likes 14 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 10:43am On Sep 30, 2023
Number 2

Another project make we do am but eyaahh

Abeokuta - Moshood Abiola Hintanashunah Hiyar-poht

Dubai

90 Likes 12 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 10:45am On Sep 30, 2023
Number 3 Ado-Ekiti airport

Eyaahh

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 10:46am On Sep 30, 2023
Number 4 Osogbo - Yet another airport.

Even the render doesn't look optimistic about itself.

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 10:47am On Sep 30, 2023
Number 5

Asaba - The Dome, Asaba

Because no one can say no to a good convention centre.

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 10:48am On Sep 30, 2023
Port Harcourt - Amaechi Monorail

So well designed, conceived and executed that he was made federal transport minister by his famously intelligent boss.

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 10:49am On Sep 30, 2023
Calabar - Calabar Monorail

The double distinction of being the shortest rail line in Nigeria and also the most unviable as it connects one white elephant calf to an adult white bull elephant.

Visionary,

150 Likes 10 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 10:50am On Sep 30, 2023
Oh you thought it was only in Lagos abroad The train came first?

Calabar x2 - Summit Hills Convention Centre

The baby white elephant referenced earlier. Only hosts conventions of oxygen and nitrogen molecules in brownian motion.

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 10:52am On Sep 30, 2023
Calabar x3 - Tinapa Resort.

The O.G. White Bull Elephant. Tourist resort built to someday attract intrepid explorers examining colourful ruins.

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 10:53am On Sep 30, 2023
Ikot Ekpene - Uncommon Sheraton 4 Points funded by Akwa Ibom SG Amazingly, it's now shuttered.

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by IduNaOba: 10:55am On Sep 30, 2023
I love the way you wrote these stuff.
You should make videos about them.
Use this your style o
E go blow

178 Likes 13 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 10:56am On Sep 30, 2023
Uyo - (Empty and disused) Nest of Yampions
Located away from town and AKSG has to offer free admission when the Super Eagles are in town. Another Akpabio masterpiece of (white) elephantine proportions.

135 Likes 14 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 10:58am On Sep 30, 2023
Owerri - City of Statues

What happens when you pay N500 million for a pregnant white elephant and she gives birth to quadruplets. A Rochas special.

213 Likes 18 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 10:59am On Sep 30, 2023
Abakaliki - Ebonyi Airport

A brilliant multibillion naira idea from 'Nigeria's best Governor' where the residents of Nigeria's 4th poorest state with 73.6% living in poverty export their produce by air.

177 Likes 15 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 11:00am On Sep 30, 2023
Abakaliki - Ebonyi Ecumenical Centre

A N2.7bn 'ultramodern' investment intended to assist the Holy Spirit to guide Nigeria's Best Govah-nor.

150 Likes 15 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 11:01am On Sep 30, 2023
Umuahia - Umuahia International Airport.

A proposed airport that will be close enough to be within the flight approach path of Sam Mbakwe Airport, plus within 150KM of both Akanu Ibiam and the Abakaliki brainwave.

Southeastern aerotropolis....

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by NOwazobia: 11:05am On Sep 30, 2023
Junior! Pass me that chair,...

Yes, that one with the blue color. 🤤

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Ikaeniyan0: 11:06am On Sep 30, 2023
Varunpulyani:
For those who don't understand the meaning of white elephant.

It just simply means bojo boju. The more you look the less you see .

Of course they are beautiful oh so precious, but the purpose of building it is useless because it will eventually end up in ruins .

First on the list we start with bobo Chicago Dubai.

When you ask the Ronu nomenclatures what did Bola do in Lagos them go dey do erhmm ermmm.

OGA what did he do ? Erhmmmm but he build Eco Atlantic.

Now Eco Atlantic is a white elephant project.

To even start with it's not for the common man , middle class or what you classify as rich .

Only super rich.

To make you understand a rent in eco Atlantic for one of the semi building partially completed is more than 3 million for 1 bedroom flat.

Uncompleted building o.

Lagos - Perennially uncompleted, environmentally unsustainable, hilariously expensive, private-sector-led-but-distinctly-Ajaokuta-esque, Tesco-value Dubai off the coast of Victoria Island.

Looks sexy in its glossy Autocad renders though.

Courtesy the only slayer of giants
You better go to Eko Atlantic and see construction work going on yourself

Varunpulyani:

And after that you will be able to rent it abi

Some of you guys on Nairaland are extremely stupid.

You have never been to Eko Atlantic city, but you claim is a white elephant project. I told you to visit and see the construction work going there... Look at the kind of foolish reply you gave me.

Some of you guys are irritating.

You just love bringing your fraustration online and start lamenting.

145 Likes 18 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 11:07am On Sep 30, 2023
Makurdi - Makurdi Cargo Airport

Because Benue needs *another* airport in addition to Tactical Air Command base Makurdi, Nigeria's largest airforce base.

To like, export food, and stuff.

70 Likes

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by NOwazobia: 11:08am On Sep 30, 2023
MTNnews:
Hate will not kill you igbos.
To the well meaning Nigerians that think oh os only hate Fulani Hausa Yoruba you can see that Delta n Akwa ibom weren't spared in this clown bigoted criticism.

If I list abandoned project in Igboland I will still be listing till Jesus return but I rather not be consumed with endemic n irredeemable hate like the OP.

The Eko Atlantic you badmouth tomorrow igbos will claim the built it that is how despicable a pig the OP is.
Na the Eko wey he mention pain you like this... 😳

I thought he touched on every state...

Maybe na my eye dey pain me sha. 😒

424 Likes 42 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 11:08am On Sep 30, 2023
MTNnews:
To the well meaning Nigerians that think oh os only hate Fulani Hausa Yoruba you can see that Delta n Akwa ibom weren't spared in this clown bigoted criticism.

If I list abandoned project in Igboland I will still be listing till Jesus return but I rather not be consumed with endemic n irredeemable hate like the OP.

The Eko Atlantic you badmouth tomorrow igbos will claim the built it that is how despicable a pig the OP is.

Ogun go kpai your pa.

You did not see Igbo states on lockdown he list?

283 Likes 27 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 11:09am On Sep 30, 2023
Kano - Kano Light Rail

A commuter railway for Kano's famously corporate and cosmopolitan suburb-to-skyscraper daily commuter population. $1.8bn Chinese loan with assured and guaranteed payback because FAAC allocation is sweet ooo

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by descarado: 11:10am On Sep 30, 2023
MTNnews:

Op is already listing abandoned projects in igboland. He does not need your help.

You are the one filled with hate.
See as you rushed to vomit your bile.

Bogus projects that meant nothing to the masses, is that one a project?
Wasted resources. Some states are still servicing the debt these empty projects incurred

329 Likes 32 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 11:10am On Sep 30, 2023
Gombe - Gombe International Conference Centre

You laugh now, but wait until this edifice has been planted then it germinates into clean water, access to education, economic growth and healthcare. Who'll be laughing then?

105 Likes 9 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Dest8sman: 11:11am On Sep 30, 2023
There are white elephant projects in every State of the federation. At the federal level, Ajaokuta Steal Company remains the most outstanding.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 11:11am On Sep 30, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
You better go to Eko Atlantic and see construction work going on yourself

And after that you will be able to rent it abi

112 Likes 13 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Sergio103(m): 11:12am On Sep 30, 2023
MTNnews:

I didn't know Abia State and Imo State are in South West sef

May God forgive me cry, I used my geography textbook fee to play bet Nija back in school

287 Likes 25 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 11:13am On Sep 30, 2023
Dutse - Dutse International Airport, Jigawaa State.

Mirror, mirror on the wall? Which is the whitest elephant of them all? The one I had to post 4 times to believe it's real.

Recently recorded 0 (ZERO) traffic in a calendar month.

The undisputed champion of this list.

118 Likes 9 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 11:15am On Sep 30, 2023
Lafia - Lafia Airport

Nasarawa is next to Abuja and enjoys excellent transport links to the capital, but who ever heard of such a thing as a Nigerian state without an airport...

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 11:16am On Sep 30, 2023
Abuja - M.K.O. Abiola National Stadium

60,000-seater liability located in Abuja the same way Sagamu is located in Lagos. Even games against Brazil and Argentina couldn't fill it up.

Provides pasture for itinerant cow herders though, which is an important national service.

145 Likes 12 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Varunpulyani: 11:17am On Sep 30, 2023
Abuja - Abuja Metro Rail

$800 million+ loan-funded investment in a commuter rail service for people who do not need, want or ask for it. Empty seats at all hours. Most Abuja residents don't even know it exists.

FAAC allocation is sweet ooo

86 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Buhari And Amosun Eat Together In UK (Photos) / Kwankwaso House taken over by Gama Residents ahead of Kano Rerun / Soldiers Praise, Pray & Worship In Church In Borno State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.