Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,029 members, 7,953,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:34 AM

7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House (23417 Views)

OPULENCE ESTATE BY LAKOWE GOLF ROAD IS WHERE YOU SHOULD BUILD / I Built My Own House After Following Some Of Nairalanders' Advice / Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 7:33am On Jun 11, 2016
Just like that mtn plan, this post is True talk. God help me, when the money starts coming, owning a house(personal crib and the one for lease) will be my first priority before getting a car. I know some people who have 3-4 cars worth millions stil living in a rented apartment, that doesn't make sense to me..

1 Like

Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by josh93: 7:36am On Jun 11, 2016
ehhhh
Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by valkaka(m): 7:37am On Jun 11, 2016
Cribpark:
5. Leaving A Legacy
It has been said that the best legacies are the ones we build. Have you ever taken a trip to the first storey building in Nigeria? If yes, were you told about the rooms Samuel Ajayi Crowther lived in and where he worked from? Have you been to the new kalakuta republic where fela lived and still lives on? Have you been to Wole Soyinka’s house in Ogun State? What about your family house/compound built by your grandfather or father back in your hometown?

These buildings arouse the life and times of their owners in you. It is in people’s houses that we understand how they lived their lives. The houses we live in are an extension of who we are. Don’t live and leave your best memories in a rented apartment. Build one so you can own your memories, and leave something for your generation to cherish.

Love the calligraphy of this write up. Excellent Handmanship. Keep it up, it's always good to begin the day with awe-insiring post like this. Kudos
Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by castrokins(m): 7:39am On Jun 11, 2016
Lol...Ntun!
myners007:
To show to your village people that you have arrive
Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by gistmeloveblog: 7:59am On Jun 11, 2016
grin grin grin

Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by WebSurfer(m): 8:22am On Jun 11, 2016
Proud landlord.. My living room at night

2 Likes

Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 11, 2016
Good luck to all aspiring homeowners.

My signature might be a life saver.
Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by Buildertobadt: 8:40am On Jun 11, 2016
You can always benefit from our construction materials foundation starter pack

Our Volume Discount Pricing is a great way for you to save big on large, bulk orders of any item available in our store. Escape all the hassles of late delivery, inferior quality, exorbitant prices, lower quantity.

Cement (Depending on Site Location)

301 - 900 bags = 1,550 naira

100-300 = 1,600 naira

Sharp sand - 20 tonnes = 42,000 Naira
Granite - 30 tonnes = 130,000 Naira (Lekki/Ajah/Ibeju Axis only) . Kindly call for other locations prices.
Granite dust - 30 tonnes = 115,000naira

Reinforcement Steel Bars

Nigerian Imported (aka TMT/Tiger) - 1 tonne = 140,000 naira
Locally made........- 1 tonne (12mm and 16mm) = 130,000 naira
Locally made........- 1 tonne (10mm) = 135,000 naira

Wood Planks

1 x 12 plank.....Machine cut = 950
2 x 3 plank ....Machine cut. = 320

Hollow Block (Vibrated)

6 inches = 150
9 inches = 180

Filling sand

20 tonnes = 37,000

BRC Mesh .............4mm = 15,000
Binding wire .....20kg Bundle = 6,500
Nails .....................1 bag = 5,000 (Local) , 6,500 (UK)
DPM .....................1 roll = 6,000

There is no hassle involved in procuring your home constrcution materials with us .Simply check WWW.CRIBPARK.COM or call to discuss and schedule your orders.

Jide – 07056556189 OR Dare – 08068839618

You are safe with us; we have a face and have been featured on the media.
http://tribuneonlineng.com/%E2%80%98we-digitally-take-people-market-and-market-them%E2%80%99
https://techpoint.ng/2016/03/01/cribpark-feature/

The prices are based locations in Lagos
Prices are based on bulk discounts and apply when you buy at least 3 different items
Some product prices may vary for different locations
Free delivery for all items except wood
Prices are at current rates, price may change later due to market forces

Buy it all in one place from Nigeria’s 1st ecommerce marketplace for building materials and enjoy the lowest price, free delivery and quality guarantee
Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by Ajalekoko76(m): 9:37am On Jun 11, 2016
Not just crazy about building house,the location matters,someone worked for years and built house in her village only for her remain in rented apartment after retirement,to me there is no sense in dat. No one lives in the house he built in the village and she dare not go to village and settled because economic wise it is not beneficial. In the quest to build house one should consider the prospects now and future (15 years) so dat u can benefit from ur sweat. Remember future could be 50 years or more.Be wise!
Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by 1kinggy(m): 9:52am On Jun 11, 2016
All I'd add is this, start small and build a house you can let out if you have to relocate or Baba God pick your call and you want to move to a new area.
Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by skywalker240(m): 10:34am On Jun 11, 2016
true talk,...bless ur efforts
Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by piagetskinner(m): 10:56am On Jun 11, 2016
WHIZKIDEFE:
Just like that mtn plan, this post is True talk. God help me, when i the starts coming, owning a house(personal home and the one for lease) will be my first priority before getting a car. I know some people who have 3-4 cars worth millions stil living in a rented apartment..

I tell u bruh... People give priority to things that do not matter
Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by YoungExec: 11:00am On Jun 11, 2016
Tell them ooooo... Some Drive Big jeeps but still rent. I have one in the village, one in Lagos and now working on my third in Abuja. It's never a bad investment. God Bless the OP.
The first home I rented after starting my company was a duplex and I swore that the next house I move into would be mine (even if it's a boys quarters on land I own). 2 years later, I packed out and into my 3 bedroom bungalow. Then I took a deep breath and started building my first real house while living in the boys quarters.

NEVER WAIT TILL YOU HAVE ALL THE MONEY. IF YOU DO, YOU WILL NEVER START YOUR BUILDING PROJECT. TAKE THE LEAP.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by FabioPeter: 11:24am On Jun 11, 2016
Across virtually all Nigerian culture three major criteria are used to judge the success of a man;
1. Is he Married?
2. Does he have children?
3. Does he have a house of his own?

At 60,70,80 a man's success is sadly measured against this standard.
It's my opinion that this is rather shallow and underachieving, inasmuch as it's important to have all of these there are many other things that should define a man/woman's success.

Things like service to humanity, religious uprightness, mentor to the young all these and many more are legacies which transcends the life of a man. We must have them as our core values.

1 Like

Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by KingPharaoh(m): 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2016
Cribpark:
6. Readiness For Your Grey Years
Old age comes with a lot of uncertainty. Health, finances, and the society seem to change so fast. You feel dependent, and it is almost 50 years ago you felt this way. You no longer have the huge paying job you desire and you do not have the strength to pursue some money-getting goals. You realise you are out of the league in a fast-paced world. The last thing you want is to be homeless and become a financial liability to your kids for those yearly house rents.

When you don’t have a constant source of income it is smart to reduce your constant expenditure – of which housing tops the list. Having a house gives you the assurance that there is a place for you in this world and for people who want to visit you. Yes, those visits matter especially as you get older. By now your kids and dependants have already moved on to face their own life battles, and they may not understand how loneliness is the new fear for you.
With your own house, you can have your friends come over when they are in your area, and your grandkids can have their holidays with you. You can also demarcate your house and rent out one of the rooms to a younger person so the home feels lively.

Wish Dad could read this one

1 Like

Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by omoikea(m): 1:04pm On Jun 11, 2016
I have settled this In my mind already...if I don't build two houses: one for my parent and one for me and my wife then NO MARRIAGE...

even if I no get car I must build...

2 Likes

Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by professore(m): 2:09pm On Jun 11, 2016
When you don’t have a constant source of income it is smart to reduce your constant expenditure – of which housing tops the list.

The name on the title deed on the duplex or apartment you have rented for the past 8 years is still that of the owner and there is no known real estate rule that converts years of lease into direct ownership except you pay the valued asking price to own the property.

If every other person who owns houses today chose to remain at the point of making excuses, would they own their houses now [Quote]
Thought provoking nice one.
Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by Agabs7(m): 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2016
Number six almost got me in tears. Good job OP, a brave step u've taken writing this. I am 26 years, and the desire to build my own house now whirl in me, almost to a point of an uncontrollable longing. I have given myself a mental target of 2 years from now. I just have a conviction, regardless of the circumstances (a student, almost exclusively dependent on parents), this longing will materialize in no time. Partly responsible for this longing I see as need is my solitary way of living. I am of the opinion that having a home is not dependent on age nor societal obligations but what you want from life.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by 400billionman: 3:06pm On Jun 11, 2016
Cribpark:
5. Leaving A Legacy
It has been said that the best legacies are the ones we build. Have you ever taken a trip to the first storey building in Nigeria? If yes, were you told about the rooms Samuel Ajayi Crowther lived in and where he worked from? Have you been to the new kalakuta republic where fela lived and still lives on? Have you been to Wole Soyinka’s house in Ogun State? What about your family house/compound built by your grandfather or father back in your hometown?

These buildings arouse the life and times of their owners in you. It is in people’s houses that we understand how they lived their lives. The houses we live in are an extension of who we are. Don’t live and leave your best memories in a rented apartment. Build one so you can own your memories, and leave something for your generation to cherish.

Touching...

Once at home in the village, makes me remember daddy.
Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by viktor01(m): 4:30pm On Jun 11, 2016
Kudos op, thank God I have built a two bedrooms flat. even if I died today, my name lives on.
Baba God thank you.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by PRODUTIM1(m): 7:42pm On Jun 11, 2016
Thank u God 4 countin me among d house owners at my youthful age.Jst moved into my house in April.God will do urs 4 u o

2 Likes

Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by Jidbel(m): 11:04am On Jul 11, 2016
Very on point piece. Kudos to OP.
Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by Buildertobadt: 5:56pm On Jul 28, 2016
YOU WON’T FIND BUILDING MATERIALS PRICES BETTER THAN THESE IN LAGOS TODAY! smiley

Just because we know you want to execute your building projects with quality materials bought at budget-friendly prices and delivered on time....
..and just because our greatest pride is our integrity and we don’t play pranks...
We are offering this PRICE SLASH on all these building materials and more...and delivered at no extra cost!...Just for you...

DANGOTE CEMENT 3X 50KG
N1,540 (300 – 900 bags)
N1,560 (200 - 299 bags)
N1,550 – N1,650 (100 – 300 bags)

*Depending on site location

GRANITE (Full 30 Tonnes Truck)
N125,000 – Festac, Ajah, Lekki, Ibeju Lekki, Ikeja, Ikorodu, Maryland and most other areas
N130,000 – Badagry, Apapa, Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Banana Island
N125,000 – N130,000 for other areas (Please Call to Confirm)

GRANITE STONE DUST (Full 30 Tonnes Truck)
N85,000 – Berger, Ojodu, Ikeja, Ketu, Yaba
N100,000 – Festac, Ajah, Lekki, Ibeju Lekki, Ikeja, Ikorodu, Maryland and most other areas
N95,000 – N100,000 for other areas (Please Call to Confirm)

SHARP SAND
N40,000 – Festac, Lekki, Ajah, Ibeju Lekki
N40,000 –N 55,000 – for other locations (Please Call to Confirm)

REINFORCEMENT
RS/Local Brand
N127,000 = 12mm & 16mm
N132,000 = 10mm & 20mm

Tiger/TMT Brand
N137,000/ton = All sizes (10mm, 12mm, 16mm, 20mm)

Pulkit Brand
N142,000/ton – All sizes (10mm, 12mm, 16mm, 20mm)

We also have other building materials like filling sand, plaster sand, stone dust, quarry hardcore, rubles, blocks, interlocking paving stones, ceramic tiles, plumbing items, etc.

Kindly visit WWW.CRIBPARK.COM or call the numbers below to discuss and schedule your orders.

You are safe with us; we have a face, a reputation and have been featured on media tabloids.

Techpoint - https://techpoint.ng/2016/03/01/ -feature/

Please Note:
Prices are based locations in Lagos.
Prices are based on bulk discounts and apply when you buy in large quantities or at least 3 different items.
Some product prices may vary for different locations.
Free delivery for all items listed.
Price does not include charges by Omo-oniles or from Estate authorities if applicable at your site location.
Prices are at current rates, price may change later due to market forces.
Buy it all in one place from Nigeria's 1st and fastest growing online marketplace for building materials and enjoy the lowest price, free delivery and quality guarantee.
Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by Buildertobadt: 6:10pm On Sep 28, 2016
BEST MATERIALS PRICES IN NIGERIA TODAY

Find below our revised prices of building materials.

Remember to order your building materials from our list of below. We await your calls.

Wishing you a great week ahead.

DANGOTE CEMENT 3X 50KG

N2,200 (300 – 900 bags)
N2,250 (100 - 299 bags)

Depending on site location

GRANITE (Full 30 Tonnes Truck)

N135,000 – Festac, Ajah, Lekki, Ibeju Lekki, Ikeja, Ikorodu, Maryland and most other areas
N140,000 – Badagry, Apapa, Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Banana Island
N140,000 – N150,000 for other areas (Please Call to Confirm)

GRANITE STONE DUST (Full 30 Tonnes Truck)

N90,000 – Berger, Ojodu, Ikeja, Ketu, Yaba
N100,000 – Festac, Ajah, Lekki, Ibeju Lekki, Ikeja, Ikorodu, Maryland and most other areas
N95,000 – N110,000 for other areas (Please Call to Confirm)

SHARP SAND

N42,000 – Festac, Lekki, Ajah, Ibeju Lekki
N45,000 –N 55,000 – for other locations (Please Call to Confirm)

REINFORCEMENT STEEL BARS

RS/Local Brand

N150,000 = 12mm & 16mm
N155,000 = 10mm & 20mm

Tiger/TMT Brand

N162,000/ton = All sizes (10mm, 12mm, 16mm, 20mm)

Pulkit Brand

N170,000/ton – All sizes (10mm, 12mm, 16mm, 20mm)

We also have other building materials like filling sand, plaster sand, stone dust, quarry hardcore, rubles, blocks, interlocking paving stones, ceramic tiles, plumbing items, etc.

Kindly visit WWW.CRIBPARK.COM or call the numbers below to discuss and schedule your orders.

You are safe with us; we have a face, a reputation and have been featured on media tabloids.

Techpoint - https://techpoint.ng/2016/03/01/ -feature/

Please Note:
Prices are based locations in Lagos.
Prices are based on bulk discounts and apply when you buy in large quantities or at least 3 different items.
Some product prices may vary for different locations.
Free delivery for all items listed.
Price does not include charges by Omo-oniles or from Estate authorities if applicable at your site location.
Prices are at current rates, price may change later due to market forces.
Buy it all in one place from Nigeria's 1st and fastest growing online marketplace for building materials and enjoy the lowest price, free delivery and quality guarantee.
Payment on delivery is allowed.
Kindly also note that in the event of delivery truck being stuck sand or marshy area enroute site (without prior notice to us that road to site is poor), we will not be responsible for extra costs of towing or transfer of loading of material to another rescue truck.
Re: 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House by iyerenath(m): 10:28am On Feb 25, 2017
FabioPeter:
Across virtually all Nigerian culture three major criteria are used to judge the success of a man;
1. Is he Married?
2. Does he have children?
3. Does he have a house of his own?

At 60,70,80 a man's success is sadly measured against this standard.
It's my opinion that this is rather shallow and underachieving, inasmuch as it's important to have all of these there are many other things that should define a man/woman's success.

Things like service to humanity, religious uprightness, mentor to the young all these and many more are legacies which transcends the life of a man. We must have them as our core values.
my broda,God's spiritual blessings will literary start manifesting in ur life for dis write-up...we keep learning Christ!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drop Your Briefs, Get A Building Design / "10 Years After Leaving Home, I Bought A House" - Ghanaian Lady / I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.