Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) (3073 Views)

Our Mother Is Not A Witch; Children Of Woman "Who Fell From The Sky",Say. Photos / Parable Of The Rich Man And Lazarus: What Was The Sin Of The Rich Man? / What Is The Sin Of Omission? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by realmindz: 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2016
singing: "The wall of jericho fell down flat (x2)
When children of God were praising the Lord
The wall of jericho fell down flat"
....................................................................................

I'm sure many know this popular song and sing it with joy and energy to praise God.................................................................................

But ve u ever reasoned what was their sin? They simply protected their city and people against invasion..............................................................................

Many curse the fulani herdsmen for invading people's farm and killing but praise the children of Israel who invaded lands and destroyed a whole city both old and infants jst because it was a bible story....

People let's apply the brain and reason. For I tell u, if nigeria had been in those days, the wonderful children of Israel would ve invaded us and destroyed us all and Jericho will be singing today;

"The wall of Nigeria fell down flat (x2)
The wall of Nigeria fell down flat"

Praise the Lord people!!!!

Cc otemanuduno Muafrika2 KingEbukasBlog winner01 davidoluyale image123 sonoflucifer dazzlingd seun

13 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by chocolateme(f): 9:41pm On Jun 10, 2016
O Di egwu nna
Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by Image123(m): 9:57pm On Jun 10, 2016
realmindz:
....................................................................................

I'm sure many know this popular song and sing it with joy and energy to praise God.................................................................................

But ve u ever reasoned what was their sin? They simply protected their city and people against invasion..............................................................................

Many curse the fulani herdsmen for invading people's farm and killing but praise the children of Israel who invaded lands and destroyed a whole city both old and infants jst because it was a bible story....

People let's apply the brain and reason. For I tell u, if nigeria had been in those days, the wonderful children of Israel would ve invaded us and destroyed us all and Jericho will be singing today;

Cc otemanuduno Muafrika2 KingEbukasBlog winner01 davidoluyale image123 sonoflucifer dazzlingd seun

They didn't believe God, happy?
Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by rawgame(m): 10:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
The sin of the people of Jericho was the same as all the inhabitants of Canaan – they worshipped idols, we're immoral and did evil in the sight of God. Canaan was defiled by its inhabitants(Read Exodus. 23:23). Some of the evils that they did are listed in Leviticus 18:3-27.

God brings punishment upon nations for the evil that they do. Because Israel did not obey God but turned to idolatry and did the same abominations in the sight of God as the Canaanites, the nation was dispersed from the land. This is described in Psalm 106. That the punishment was national and not individual is shown in the saving of Rahab and her house(Hebrew. 11:31).

A Canaanite was one of the twelve apostles.(Matt. 10:4)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by johnydon22(m): 10:21pm On Jun 10, 2016
rawgame:
The sin of the people of Jericho was the same as all the inhabitants of Canaan – they worshipped idols, we're immoral and did evil in the sight of God. Canaan was defiled by its inhabitants(Read Exodus. 23:23). Some of the evils that they did are listed in Leviticus 18:3-27.

God brings punishment upon nations for the evil that they do. Because Israel did not obey God but turned to idolatry and did the same abominations in the sight of God as the Canaanites, the nation was dispersed from the land. This is described in Psalm 106. That the punishment was national and not individual is shown in the saving of Rahab and her house(Hebrew. 11:31).

hence it was ok to kill them? wipe out an entire race just because they don't worship same thing you do?

Honestly i cannot understand how your minds work, this is disturbing

Is this not the same crime a muslim would accuse you of before murdering your asss in a Jihad and you'd be the person to shout foul.

How are you lot any difference from the Muslim jihadists when you all support violence and murder for the same reason

I thought everyone had the right to worship any god they wanted? so God is now as petty as commanding people to kill others for not worshipping him?

what then is the difference between the bible God and biblical revelation beast that resort to forceful coercion to derive conformity?

China do not worship the same god as israeli, lets test the power of the bible god outside the bible, israeli should attack china.

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by realmindz: 10:23pm On Jun 10, 2016
rawgame:

in summary, the painful truth is that the God of the bible was tribal, he chose sides and committed genocide

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by hahn(m): 10:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
I really/honestly,seriously doubt the authenticity of the story. If god and Jesus are fake, then it is safe to assume every other thing in the bible are also fake

undecided
Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by realmindz: 10:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
Image123:

They didn't believe God, happy?
if it was the same God that created all humans, how come does he have a people he called "my people". sorry, the Jewish God did not care about us blacks, he would ve destroyed us back den to protect his people if we ever came their way..he chose sides, he was tribal.
Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by Nobody: 3:04am On Jun 11, 2016
realmindz:

Those devils had it coming.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by rawgame(m): 6:44am On Jun 11, 2016
johnydon22:
hence it was ok to kill them? wipe out an entire race just because they don't worship same thing you do?

You didn't even read my post very well with the scriptural references before commenting. Again, where you highlighted was not their only offense. If you read Lev. 18:21 which I included earlier, you will see where they burnt children alive. In fact read the whole Lev. 18:3-27 which I gave you earlier as some atrocities done by the Canaanites and tell me if your moral sensibility is not defied.

johnydon22:

Is this not the same crime a muslim would accuse you of before murdering your asss in a Jihad and you'd be the person to shout foul.

How are you lot any difference from the Muslim jihadists when you all support violence and murder for the same reason
I thought everyone had the right to worship any god they wanted? so God is now as petty as commanding people to kill others for not worshipping him?

A Muslim jihadist sees violence as a means of propagating the Muslim faith. Islam divides the world into two camps: the dar al-Islam (House of Submission) and the dar al-harb (House of War). The former are those lands which have been brought into submission to Islam; the latter are those nations which have not yet been brought into submission. This is how Islam actually views the world! By contrast, the conquest of Canaan represented God's just judgement upon those peoples. The purpose was not at all to get them to convert to Judaism! War was not being used as an instrument of propagating the Jewish faith. Moreover, the slaughter of the Canaan is represented an unusual historical circumstance, not a regular means of behaviour.

If the Muslim thinks that our moral duties are constituted by God’s commands, then I agree with him. But Muslims and Christians differ radically over God’s nature. Christians believe that God is all-loving, while Muslims believe that God loves only Muslims. Allah has no love for unbelievers and sinners. Therefore, they can be killed indiscriminately. Moreover, in Islam God’s omnipotence trumps everything, even His own nature. He is therefore utterly arbitrary in His dealing with mankind. By contrast Christians hold that God’s holy and loving nature determines what He commands.
The question, then, is not whose moral theory is correct,
but which is the true God?

johnydon22:

what then is the difference between the bible God and biblical revelation beast that resort to forceful coercion to derive conformity?
God’s judgement is anything but capricious. On divine command theory, then, God has the right to command an act, which, in the absence of a divine command, would have been sin, but which is now morally obligatory in virtue of that command. God makes the laws, he is not subject to them. God created the devil. So they are not mates

johnydon22:

China do not worship the same god as israeli, lets test the power of the bible god outside the bible, israeli should attack china.

People always fail to realize that as at the time of the conquest of Canaan, that Era was brutal. However, Isaiah.2:4, presents a Biblical prophecy addressing how believers of this age ought to act
"... the nations, and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more"

And again Acts. 17:30
" And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but
now commandeth all men every where to repent"

johnydon22 I took time to dignify you with this answer don't behave the way you did the other time. Read well before you comment.

cc: realmindz

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by orunto27: 7:10am On Jun 11, 2016
Twist of Fate. True God won't allow it. The South is Israel. Fulani Herdsmen represent the wall of Jericho. The wall can't move. That is the reason why God quickly informed the South of the evil sabotage of the son of lucifer.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by realmindz: 7:26am On Jun 11, 2016
orunto27:
Twist of Fate. True God won't allow it. The South is Israel. Fulani Herdsmen represent the wall of Jericho. The wall can't move. That is the reason why God quickly informed the South of the evil sabotage of the son of lucifer.
if God commands you today to go and destroy a small fulani village in the north both children, youths and aged because they are worshipping idols, will you do it? Remember Jericho never attacked Israel but only protected themselves from invasion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by winner01(m): 10:19am On Jun 11, 2016
Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by orunto27: 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2016
if God commands, you obey. Your only option after and before such command is to Pray to thesame God to always make you righteous before Him. God judges The Righteous and The Selfish. He appointed David king over Israel and gave David Power over his enemies. It was God also that forbade David from building His Temple because David had soiled his hands in so much blood. So God won't let me kill innocent Fulani. And for the wicked ones and the scheming herdsmen and their masters, God has sufficient killer-squards in service.

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by plaetton: 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2016
realmindz:

I asked that same question when I was 8 yrs old.

I also asked why Jacob the liar and deceiver was exalted above his simple and honest brother.
What was the moral lesson therein?

1 Like

Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by plaetton: 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2016
realmindz:

I asked that same question when I was 8 yrs old.

I also asked why Jacob the liar and deceiver was exalted above his simple and honest brother.
What was the moral lesson therein?

Has religion ever made sense ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by Pdizzle(m): 4:59pm On Jun 12, 2016
The wall of Nigeria grin
Chai these people will kill me.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
Pdizzle:
The wall of Nigeria grin
Chai these people will kill me.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by Gggg102(m): 11:15pm On Dec 08, 2017
Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by alBHAGDADI: 4:43am On Dec 09, 2017
rawgame:

You didn't even read my post very well with the scriptural references before commenting. Again, where you highlighted was not their only offense. If you read Lev. 18:21 which I included earlier, you will see where they burnt children alive. In fact read the whole Lev. 18:3-27 which I gave you earlier as some atrocities done by the Canaanites and tell me if your moral sensibility is not defied.

A Muslim jihadist sees violence as a means of propagating the Muslim faith. Islam divides the world into two camps: the dar al-Islam (House of Submission) and the dar al-harb (House of War). The former are those lands which have been brought into submission to Islam; the latter are those nations which have not yet been brought into submission. This is how Islam actually views the world! By contrast, the conquest of Canaan represented God's just judgement upon those peoples. The purpose was not at all to get them to convert to Judaism! War was not being used as an instrument of propagating the Jewish faith. Moreover, the slaughter of the Canaan is represented an unusual historical circumstance, not a regular means of behaviour.

If the Muslim thinks that our moral duties are constituted by God’s commands, then I agree with him. But Muslims and Christians differ radically over God’s nature. Christians believe that God is all-loving, while Muslims believe that God loves only Muslims. Allah has no love for unbelievers and sinners. Therefore, they can be killed indiscriminately. Moreover, in Islam God’s omnipotence trumps everything, even His own nature. He is therefore utterly arbitrary in His dealing with mankind. By contrast Christians hold that God’s holy and loving nature determines what He commands.
The question, then, is not whose moral theory is correct,
but which is the true God?

God’s judgement is anything but capricious. On divine command theory, then, God has the right to command an act, which, in the absence of a divine command, would have been sin, but which is now morally obligatory in virtue of that command. God makes the laws, he is not subject to them. God created the devil. So they are not mates

People always fail to realize that as at the time of the conquest of Canaan, that Era was brutal. However, Isaiah.2:4, presents a Biblical prophecy addressing how believers of this age ought to act
"... the nations, and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more"

And again Acts. 17:30
" And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but
now commandeth all men every where to repent"

johnydon22 I took time to dignify you with this answer don't behave the way you did the other time. Read well before you comment.

cc: realmindz
Brilliant reply.

Pls, do t waste your time on such people. They haven't read the Bible but are quick to find fault in it.

They are just quick to find an excuse not to worship God. They don't know that the moment they reject God, they become perverted like beasts. That restriction God places in humans is removed from them. That's why they do things normal humans can't do or would find crazy e.g homosexuality, cannibalism, murder etc.

Are those also the kind of sins committed by the Canaanites who rejected God?

Pls, leave those atheists alone.

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by LightSpirit: 8:35am On Dec 09, 2017
rawgame:

What then do you make of Our Lord Jesus' prophecy, that nation will rise against nation, and Kingdom against Kingdom, ye shall hear of wars and rumours of war?

Or should we just accept that Isaiah's prophecy supersedes Christ's?
Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by orisa37: 11:37am On Dec 09, 2017
The same as the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah.
The difference is that Jericho built high walls around themselves to enjoy their Loots alone. God saw through and prepared Joshua to destroy them, in His Own Way.
Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by akeensbussy(m): 11:52am On Dec 09, 2017
I have said it time without number, don't believe everything written in the bible were true....
Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by donnie(m): 9:16pm On Dec 09, 2017
johnydon22:

God is righteousness. He is the standard for what is good and just...He is God almighty, don't you understand?

In the new testament, He does not use such force anymore, rather He seeks those who will receive His kingdom into their hearts through preaching.

However, the God of Israel is still alive and He will fight for His people Israel. When Russia, and her allies (the hostile Arab nations that surround Israel) move to invade Israel, then it will be an open demonstration of His greatness as He humbles these nations. The God of Israel will fight from heaven.

China will learn their own lesson at the final Armageddon battle in Israel, between the Beast's army and China for control of the region. They will be interrupted and subsequently slain by the Lord Jesus from Heaven who will descend in His Glory and power to execute vengeance on His enemies.
Re: What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) by chineduemmao: 5:19pm On Dec 13, 2017
johnydon22:

China do not worship the same god as israeli, lets test the power of the b...
youre a free thinker but not truly free, guess what- whoever the son of man sets free is truly free. See jesus, hear jesus, speak jesus. merry chrismass!

(1) (Reply)

What God Cannot Do / Star Of David Planetary Alignment July 22 2013 / Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.