Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ (7061 Views)

Residents Flee Their Vilages Over Herdsmen Attack As Buhari Visits Nasarawa.PICS / If Buhari Is Declared Dead, Plan Is For Osinbajo To Appoint El-Rufai As VP - FFK / We Will Ensure Nnamdi Kanu Is Declared A Terrorist - Arewa Youth President (2) (3) (4)

Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by winningwinner(m): 10:51pm On Jun 10, 2016
Abuja Under Deadly Attack, as FCT Minister is Declared ‘Missing’

By Jennifer Ajimande

Residents of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, are apprehensive about the obscure state of street lights in the city centers, as they have demanded for answers, as to what the Government of the day is doing to address the challenges.

For many who live in Abuja, you will agree that the city has lost its glorious days. The once very safe and beautiful city, with functional streets lights (obviously the envy of other big cities in the country), is now a hub of darkness, motor accidents, thievery and other social vices.

It is disappointing to see that almost 90 percent of the street lights in the city are not functioning optimally, and the situation is beginning to brew unusual security concerns, among dwellers.

A drive around Abuja at night, makes one feel no different from being in a rural area, owing to the vast darkness and the number of wheel-less vehicles left abandoned at the mercy of criminals.

Post-Nigeria, spoke to some residents and road users, who decried the poor state of the city street lights, stating that it has not only increased the number of motor accidents at night, but has also given criminals, freewill to cause mayhem in the city.

“I was robbed of my Toyota Venza in Gwarimpa at gun point last month, while returning from work around 8:00pm. A car hit me from behind around First Bank. I got out of my car to confront the driver, only for two guys to enter my car with a gun, and asked me to cooperate with them or I will be killed. My life was taken away that night, because I had very important documents in there,” Victoria, an entrepreneur said.

Another road user particularly complained about Lifecamp – Gwarinpa express way, which has been a shadow of its self for a long time.

Mr. Bode, a taxi driver who left Lagos to pitch his tent in Abuja, lamented that the three lane road around Life camp – Gwarinpa express way, has no single street light, thus, have been causing fatal accidents in the area at night.

The taxi driver added, “that some parts of Jabi, Garki and Wuse 2 are only navigable, if your vehicle’s head lamps are super radiant, because the street lights are dead”.

Mr. Yemi Fajiola, who lives on Mike Akhigbe Street, Jabi, said that, “in recent times, there has been an endless re-occurrence of vehicle head on collisions every now and then, because of broken street lights.”

“As a result of the obscurity of the nights, crime rates have been on the increase. Your vehicle dare not breakdown around the dark corners in Jabi. You will come back in the morning to meet your car stereo, battery and other valuables gone. Most disturbing and nerve wrecking, is the sight of your vehicle completely vandalized, with your wheels calmly sitting on four gigantic stones”, Yemi added.

He also suspects that the police must be involved, hence they are supposed to keep vigilance throughout the night.

“If not, why are these criminals never caught. Police have some explaining to do, because they always seem to be patrolling the area”, he reiterated.

On Lagos street, area 11 Garki, Abubakar Abubakar, swore that there were streets around the city centers that he have never seen street lights come on.

“Even when the lights finally come on, you will find that out of 20 street lights, only 5 or 6 are functional. I wonder why the poles are still standing, when they have no use”. Abubakar added.

In the central district close to the Central Mosque, Silverbird Galleria and its environ, the story is not any different, people have fallen victims of car snatchers and petty thieves, making away with peoples valuables, as the area is always pitch black.

Tell me and be sincere, is this the change we need? Anyway, don't mob me by the headline, it is obvious the FCT Minister is missing in action!

Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by winningwinner(m): 10:53pm On Jun 10, 2016
Eeeeeh!
Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by wasco24: 10:57pm On Jun 10, 2016
That headline is deceiving

Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by Gelengelen: 10:57pm On Jun 10, 2016
Using niger delta oyel to develop abuja and lagos and do nothing about the plight of the people there.

Fantastically corrupt country

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by OjukwuWarBird: 10:59pm On Jun 10, 2016
The gas of SS/SE is no longer providing electricity for Buhari's 97% grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by Ajewealth123(m): 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2016
winningwinner:
Eeeeeh!
so u could be the first to comment in your source less post, u type this pooo ? What's eeeeeh?

Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2016
Was even rushing to read how the missiles finally arrived Abuja safely grin cheesy

Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by MotionD1: 11:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
is part of APC change so is anyone complaining

Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by mafiamanager(m): 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2016
where is the part where the minister get missing

Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by chukwukadibia10: 11:19pm On Jun 10, 2016
Ur headline is deceiving.

Abuja under attack by the Libyans or boko boys?

Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by Fyno: 11:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
Abuja now seems like any other city

Even Uyo is much better coordinated than Abuja

Night life gradually dying because of lack of electricity

Abuja is just loosing its swagger and style

This is what you get when you chose style less,coonless and Aboki over correct men

Aboki na Aboki HOHA!!!!!!
Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by rusher14: 11:58pm On Jun 10, 2016
Gelengelen:
Using niger delta oyel to develop abuja and lagos and do nothing about the plight of the people there.

Are you aware MTN would be paying a whopping 1.7 Billion Dollars to the Nigerian Government over 3 years?

Tell me that's not significant inflow to the government's purse.

Oil is not the be-all and end-all in life.

Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by MXrep: 12:49am On Jun 11, 2016
Misleading headline
Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by knightsTempler: 12:59am On Jun 11, 2016
This op is an alarmist, maybe he is looking for 'customers', i wonder what he is marketing.

Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by truthspeaks: 3:13am On Jun 11, 2016
Nawa for d headline oo. In other news...FCT get minister? I hear he z only gud @ receiving buhari @ d airport.... Buhari sef
Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by ziccoit: 3:51am On Jun 11, 2016
Gelengelen:

You said do nothing? Are you sure about that? What about billion of dollars that have disappeared in that region? It is a fact that you people are your own problem. Imagine a local government size Bayelsa with very small civil servant population and humongous monthly allocation not be able to pay her workers salary.

Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by utytill(m): 4:27am On Jun 11, 2016
Just look at them,complaining of street light when there is no street,no drinkable water,no hospital,no school,no road and no light in the creeks of niger delta.And no body is talking even thier senators if not the militants.National Assembly should be relocated temporarilly to creek so that those complaining of abuja can have a rethink.

Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:51am On Jun 11, 2016
Lies!
Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:04am On Jun 11, 2016
OjukwuWarBird:
The gas of SS/SE is no longer providing electricity for Buhari's 97% grin
Stop deceiving ursef that the SE has anything important to offer! The SS is the single only important region in Nigeria!

Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by phrankjay: 5:12am On Jun 11, 2016
i don't know how authentic this info with deceiving headline is but if true, abuja children don't spoil, Na street lights dey fear you? smh what do you even have to offer the country? other states are milked of there valueables to keep you valuable while they are left unattended to . I know its FTC and it must reflect the beauty of Nigeria. but try the other side may be your cries will help bring appreciation to your food sourse. Na street lights dey do you

Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by proeast(m): 5:27am On Jun 11, 2016
Everything about Nigeria has gone to the dogs, what a failed state in all ramification!
Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by KINGwax007(m): 5:56am On Jun 11, 2016
Gelengelen:

shio... Awon oponu..

because one of ur yeye BLOGGER wannabe posted fake stories without source nor credibility z una don see food ba? grin grin

Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by enkay2go(f): 6:17am On Jun 11, 2016
[quote author=rusher14 post=46463653]

Are you aware MTN would be paying a whopping 1.7 Billion Dollars to the Nigerian Government over 3 years?

Tell me that's not significant inflow to the government's purse.

Oil is not the be-all and end-all in life.

[/quot we are aware but ho it won't be diverted

Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by rusher14: 6:19am On Jun 11, 2016
[quote author=enkay2go post=46466241][/quote]

Is this how state funds was diverted in the past?
Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by ionsman: 6:26am On Jun 11, 2016
Tell this shit to those who haven't been to Abuja. You guys are shameless.
Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by Caseless: 6:28am On Jun 11, 2016
What kind of useless and misleading title is this?
Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by odave: 7:00am On Jun 11, 2016
No source, misleading headline, na wa o
Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by winningwinner(m): 7:45am On Jun 11, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Lies!

Spot it!
Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by winningwinner(m): 7:54am On Jun 11, 2016
phrankjay:
i don't know how authentic this info with deceiving headline is but if true, abuja children don't spoil, Na street lights dey fear you? smh what do you even have to offer the country? other states are milked of there valueables to keep you valuable while they are left unattended to . I know its FTC and it must reflect the beauty of Nigeria. but try the other side may be your cries will help bring appreciation to your food sourse. Na street lights dey do you

Hahahaha! The street lights enhance beauty and illumination, keeping secret things mostly at bay. The incessant stealings are done under the cover of darkness.
Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by FoodVendors: 10:09am On Jun 11, 2016
just this early morning a dead body is lying by NNPC along banex gwarimpa express. suspected to be killed by car snatchers

Re: Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ by winningwinner(m): 10:15am On Jun 11, 2016
FoodVendors:
just this early morning a dead body is lying by NNPC along banex gwarimpa express. suspected to be killed by car snatchers

Some sympathizers of evil are seriously attacking this thread as if it is a lie, but so many needless things are going on in the city of Abuja. God will save us from evil people!!!

Prophet Temitope Aduroja Gives State By State Prediction Election Results / Full Video Of The Eastern Security Network By Nnamdi Kanu / IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52