Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,085 members, 7,821,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers (7055 Views)

Policemen Clash With Soldiers Few Poles To Ebonyi Government House / Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons / FAAC: NLC Hails Governor Umahi For Paying Ebonyi Workers’ Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by Nweze1986: 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2017
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

Following the conclusion of the work of the Committee on the Verification of the State Pensions & Gratuities from 2nd October, 1996 to 6th June, 2017, and following the presentation and consideration of the Committee’s Report by the Executive Council of Ebonyi State on Tuesday the 15th of August, 2017, the Council has authorized the release of the sum of N1.5 billion for the payment of arrears of pensions and gratuities of Ebonyi workers from 1996 to 2017. Specifically, the sum of N750 million has been approved for the payment of the pensions arrears and gratuities of retired State Civil Servants and an equal amount of N750 million has also been approved by Council for the payment of the pensions arrears and gratuities of Local Government workers.

The Chairman of Council, His Excellency, Engr David Nweze Umahi, has therefore directed all eligible beneficiaries to please proceed immediately to the office of the Deputy Governor of Ebonyi State for verification in order to ensure that payments are disbursed with dispatch.

Furthermore, Council deliberated on the deepening economic recession in the country and resolved to expand the empowerment programme of the Government of Ebonyi State in order meet the growing economic challenges faced by the ordinary citizens, particularly the most vulnerable in society.

Accordingly, therefore, the ongoing economic empowerment of over 2000 widows across the state with the sum of N200,000 each will be released from Monday the 21st of August, 2017, now that the verification exercise by the Senior Special Adviser to the Governor on Religious and Welfare Matters has been completed and his report presented to Council.

The widows empowerment programme has also been expanded to accommodate additional 2000 widows who will be selected, verified and paid the sum of N200,000 each by 1st October, 2017.

Let it be reiterated that the N1billion naira budgeted for the empowerment of 4000 eligible Ebonyians is still being disbursed by the Ministry of Empowerment and Job Creation. As at today, about 1000 people have applied and collected grants of up to N250,000 each. Others who meet the criteria should expect to be paid with effect from Monday the 21st of August, 2017. The Ministry of Empowerment and Job Creation will announce and publish the names of recipients of the grants at the conclusion of the disbursements.

Finally, in a unique partnership programme with the Bank of Industry, the Government of Ebonyi State has established an SME Fund of N4 billion, operated by the BOI, for companies and cooperative societies with a qualifying business plan to access loan facilities ranging from N1 million to N100 million to either start or expand small scale or medium scale enterprises.

Interested Ebonyians with creativity and entrepreneurial drive are encouraged to approach the BOI to obtain loan facilities at a staggeringly low interest rate of just 6%.

EKUBAROHA IS WORKING. EBONYI STATE IS ON THE RISE

Senator Emmanuel Onwe
Commissioner for Information &
State Orientation

1 Like

Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by Seguntimmy(m): 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
Nice move there

1 Like

Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by Homeboiy: 5:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
your trying kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by Emeskhalifa(m): 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
This poto land governor try.

Wish say others go emulate am

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by hemucology(m): 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
Good

But
Check my signature more details.
Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by veacea: 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2017
After how many months?
Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by bamdelarf(m): 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2017
nice..we dnt Want media stuffs.. we nid actions...
Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by Tolbanks(f): 5:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
PRAAAAISE THE LORD!

1 Like

Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by ionsman: 5:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
I heard on radio yesterday Ajimobi is owing Oyo pensioners 56 months arrears...Mahn,our leaders are wicked and heartless.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by Phaanie(f): 5:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hmm
Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by jessetom(m): 5:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hello Nairalanders.
I want to inform everyone that I will be marrying next week at Lagos.
I'm expecting everyone there.
I am going to throw a very big party. Everyone's invited. And no need to be formal by bringing gifts. Just bring someone that can marry me...
Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by Fadiga24(m): 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
Aregbesola be holding skull miners salary since 16bc, no wonder dey come here to vent their frustrations.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by Franzinni: 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
Nigeria will never improve with this level of hatred and tribalism...A shamefull behaviour indeed!!!
Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
grin

Slavery is when you rely on the government for survival. Stupidity is when you have this mentality that you're entitled to benefits that comes with retirement. The active workforce haven't been paid, now the government have to also worry about the dormant population that contributes absolutely nothing to the economy. If you're reading this post and you're a pensioner, you're nothing but a liability. Yes, you're a liability to Nigeria and believe me, you're helping Nigeria down to oblivion.

We as people have to wake up and start preparing ahead. The government can't do everything. As an employee, invest for the future by delving into some investments capable of springing in passive income. Being rich is not about acquiring property. It's about acquiring assets that finances your liabilities.

I Love Being An Entrepreneur cool

Check my signature.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by Najyin(m): 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
That's highly commendable if executed. Others should also follow suit.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by obashiakpu(m): 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
For the pensioneers who are still living, for many has died out of frustration and also who the widows?
Nonsense.
Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by free2ryhme: 5:42pm On Aug 17, 2017
Nweze1986:
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

Following the conclusion of the work of the Committee on the Verification of the State Pensions & Gratuities from 2nd October, 1996 to 6th June, 2017, and following the presentation and consideration of the Committee’s Report by the Executive Council of Ebonyi State on Tuesday the 15th of August, 2017, the Council has authorized the release of the sum of N1.5 billion for the payment of arrears of pensions and gratuities of Ebonyi workers from 1996 to 2017. Specifically, the sum of N750 million has been approved for the payment of the pensions arrears and gratuities of retired State Civil Servants and an equal amount of N750 million has also been approved by Council for the payment of the pensions arrears and gratuities of Local Government workers.

The Chairman of Council, His Excellency, Engr David Nweze Umahi, has therefore directed all eligible beneficiaries to please proceed immediately to the office of the Deputy Governor of Ebonyi State for verification in order to ensure that payments are disbursed with dispatch.

Furthermore, Council deliberated on the deepening economic recession in the country and resolved to expand the empowerment programme of the Government of Ebonyi State in order meet the growing economic challenges faced by the ordinary citizens, particularly the most vulnerable in society.

Accordingly, therefore, the ongoing economic empowerment of over 2000 widows across the state with the sum of N200,000 each will be released from Monday the 21st of August, 2017, now that the verification exercise by the Senior Special Adviser to the Governor on Religious and Welfare Matters has been completed and his report presented to Council.

The widows empowerment programme has also been expanded to accommodate additional 2000 widows who will be selected, verified and paid the sum of N200,000 each by 1st October, 2017.

Let it be reiterated that the N1billion naira budgeted for the empowerment of 4000 eligible Ebonyians is still being disbursed by the Ministry of Empowerment and Job Creation. As at today, about 1000 people have applied and collected grants of up to N250,000 each. Others who meet the criteria should expect to be paid with effect from Monday the 21st of August, 2017. The Ministry of Empowerment and Job Creation will announce and publish the names of recipients of the grants at the conclusion of the disbursements.

Finally, in a unique partnership programme with the Bank of Industry, the Government of Ebonyi State has established an SME Fund of N4 billion, operated by the BOI, for companies and cooperative societies with a qualifying business plan to access loan facilities ranging from N1 million to N100 million to either start or expand small scale or medium scale enterprises.

Interested Ebonyians with creativity and entrepreneurial drive are encouraged to approach the BOI to obtain loan facilities at a staggeringly low interest rate of just 6%.

EKUBAROHA IS WORKING. EBONYI STATE IS ON THE RISE

Senator Emmanuel Onwe
Commissioner for Information &
State Orientation

they had to wait for this to do their job

useless lot
Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by Wisdomkosi(m): 5:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
Nonsense. Too much talk, no action. Nonsense government

1 Like

Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
This is good. Congrats to the pensioners that are still alive.
I do hope other state governors that are owing would emulate such.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by omooba969(m): 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
That's the way to go.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by Treasure1919(f): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2017
Good, we need more of this

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by Jaytecq(m): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2017
good one...
Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by chuksjuve(m): 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2017
Governor "orders"...

check my signature
Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by mikejj(m): 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2017
lipsrsealed na Wetin we dey hear for news
Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2017
I love this my governor I will give his reelection campaign 50000, that's my widows mite

1 Like

Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by akanbiaa(m): 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2017
Lanre4uonly:
This is good. Congrats to the pensioners that are still alive.
I do hope other state governors that are owing would emulate such.
I pray its not too late for some who might have died waiting or their next of kin also died while waiting all this while but still better late than never, some states don't even have it as priority to pay up gratuities and pension despite collecting Paris fund twice
Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by Chimighty007(m): 5:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
EntMirror:
grin

Slavery is when you rely on the government for survival. Stupidity is when you have this mentality that you're entitled to benefits that comes with retirement. The active workforce haven't been paid, now the government have to also worry about the dormant population that contributes absolutely nothing to the economy. If you're reading this post and you're a pensioner, you're nothing but a liability. Yes, you're a liability to Nigeria and believe me, you're helping Nigeria down to oblivion.

We as people have to wake up and start preparing ahead. The government can't do everything. As an employee, invest for the future by delving into some investments capable of springing in passive income. Being rich is not about acquiring property. It's about acquiring assets that finances your liabilities.

I Love Being An Entrepreneur cool

Check my signature.

How I wish you wise then I would have told you my mind, but imagine a man in his right senses in his unclothedness chasing after a mad man just to collect his towel
Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by Ekwekwe1(m): 5:59pm On Aug 17, 2017
Wisdomkosi:
Nonsense. Too much talk, no action. Nonsense government

Shatap and get lost!!!

You are not even from Ebonyi state and here you are spewing trash.

Ebonyi state govt. Pay civil servants 25th of every month.
And he's about clearing the debt owed while he's still a studdnt.

No go back to the dirty cave you just came out from.

4 Likes

Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by carpmam: 5:59pm On Aug 17, 2017
Wise governors pay their workers nd foolish once sponsors oloshos music career

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
Chimighty007:

How I wish you wise then I would have told you my mind, but imagine a man in his right senses in his unclothedness chasing after a mad man just to collect his towel

You're far from knowing and definitely one of those with this lame entitlement mentality. In fact, your construct says it all and you definitely don't worth a bit of my time. I'll pass.
Re: Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers by ogawisdom(m): 6:02pm On Aug 17, 2017
Dts their right n dey deserve it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku And Peter Obi Say It’s Time For Better / Senator Dino Melaye Mocks Akpabio For Losing Election With New Song (Video) / The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.