Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,606 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears (37636 Views)

UNILAG Students Dress As NURTW Officials To Celebrate Their Costume Day.Photos / UNILAG Students Jump Over Gate To Vacate Premises After Shutdown / UNILAG Students Arrested For Attempting To Resurrect Colleague..see Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by Kizyte(m): 7:50am On Jun 11, 2016
Sad... May her soul rest in peace cry
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by zumarock9(m): 7:50am On Jun 11, 2016
But how fat people go the go near swimming pool. Rip
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by kingthreat(m): 8:07am On Jun 11, 2016
MrMcJay:

This is why Africa remains eternally backward.

A beach is supposed to have lifebuoys, inflatable dinghies, emergency bells and sirens and at least one rescue helicopter in close proximity. This particular beach has none of these and you're talking of supernatural Forces. Is it "supernatural forces" that stopped the beach from having the requisite equipment? Keep deceiving yourself.

If we don't kill corruption, corruption will kill us.

Ok. Everyone to his beliefs. Please everytime you go to the beach, stay near the water. And swim with your lifebuoy while the waves blow.

2 Likes

Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by MrMcJay(m): 8:11am On Jun 11, 2016
kingthreat:

Ok. Everyone to his beliefs. Please everytime you go to the beach, stay near the water. And swim with your lifebuoy while the waves blow.

When you go to beaches in other parts of the world, you'll be more enlightened than to put up your initial post. If you have water phobia, it's a different thing entirely.
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by lastpage: 8:28am On Jun 11, 2016
ErnieSmallzz:
i know what would be on everybody that attended the birthday party lips now is "HAD I KNOWN" including the celebrant.

If only tears could raise the dead again cry

*kneels down**praying* God please be with these girls family, give them hope again.

Like my Mama (of blessed 'memory') always say: Ise kii'paniyan,.... Ayo lon'paniyan". undecided undecided

Okay, let me translate before one IPAD stone me! grin grin

Literally, it says "POVERTY does not kill,... it is UNBRIDLED EXUBERANCE that kills".

Beach Party!, Alcohol!, Debauchery! ...."ontop" raging Ocean? Bad mix! angry angry
I hope we that are left behind, have learnt "one lesson or the other", from this 'avoidable tragedy'?
When God bless you, do not abuse such blessings...... CRY / CELEBRATE / ENJOY / REJOICE ....DO EVERYTHING IN MODERATION! ...exercise "caution", at all times. wink lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
May God grant us wisdom

May God give the family of the ladies, the fortitude to bear the loss. cry cry
Prayers have no effect on dead people so l wont waste my R.I.P because they are already "rested". undecided undecided

Lastpage!

NB: My apologies, please dont take offence just because l did not conform to the "tradition" of not asking "WHY" something happened.
I am not trained to look forward when l fall, ....but to look back and ask, WTF tripped me? angry undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by lastpage: 8:33am On Jun 11, 2016
allansie:
There's nth juicy abt dis life...anytin dat makes u hapi could also make u sad....A man who buys a new car wil always be joyous nt knowin dat d same car may bring an end 2 his life......if dey knew dat dia end wil come on dia frnd's bday,am sure dey wil pray for d unsuccessful bday of dia frnd...Death is inevitable,life is such,such is life....

Deep Words!

Sober reflection tinzs!
embarassed embarassed

Lastpage!
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by Omoluabi16(m): 8:37am On Jun 11, 2016
We could sit here and say 'oh, why did they go swim' 'their mistake' and all. but it can happen to anyone. I remember how I innocently turned my back to the water just for a quick snap.. before I could say jac......... I was covered deep in water,swept off my feet,and I dunno how to swim. you can't be too careful in life. I puray God almighty comforts the families of the departed.

With all the degrees, and future prospects. Life is indeed a market place.

1 Like

Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by chrisnsidibe: 8:37am On Jun 11, 2016
Great loss really touching Rip
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by mcyemite(m): 8:47am On Jun 11, 2016
pendusky:

Rip.

Must we celebrate birthdays for beach ?

what happened to swimming pool if they need swim??

Lord have mercy!

May Our lives never serves as deterrent.
people dont drown in the pool?
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by CuteTj(m): 8:49am On Jun 11, 2016
pendusky:

Rip.

Lord have mercy!

And what's the difference between a beach and a swimming pool?

I don't think they attempted to swim. They just strayed a bit further into the water and the wave was so strong that it swept them away from the shallow part where they stood.

Lesson: Be it swimming pool or beach, don't go near water if you can't swim.
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by MrLeno(m): 8:52am On Jun 11, 2016
pendusky:

Rip.

Lord have mercy!

People drown in pools too. My people have an adage that says when a man has been marked to die by water, even his spittle will drown him. It's not about where it happened as it could have been anything.
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 11, 2016
Mythically, I thought they were supposed to be buried by waterside...

May their souls rest peacefully in the hands of the Lord

1 Like

Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by Sirmuel1(m): 9:01am On Jun 11, 2016
Real end time birthday
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by acada111(f): 9:35am On Jun 11, 2016
zumarock9:
But how fat people go the go near swimming pool. Rip

This is the most insensitive comment I've read today. Not cool dear

2 Likes

Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by beatricewebb: 9:47am On Jun 11, 2016
Suffering doesn't kill,over excitement does...... RIP fellow Akokites!
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by Duru009(m): 9:52am On Jun 11, 2016
Thy cause their death....

But might dre soul rest in perfect peace. Amen
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by Duru009(m): 9:53am On Jun 11, 2016
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 11, 2016
Duru009:

You talk as if you know what the cause of your death would be.

2 Likes

Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by iswallker(m): 10:44am On Jun 11, 2016
6 months away....gals be like birthday loading...I smell my birthday....etc as @dp....a day that is supposed to be spent doin some sober reflection...and with family indoors..they go to club, beach....etc...and get high...

Now the family is mourning...rip though....

1 Like

Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by annamaria: 11:08am On Jun 11, 2016
Needless and avoidable deaths. Just really saddened by the whole thing. RIP to them.
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 11, 2016
May their soul rest in peace!

To those who can't swim!
Next time when you hear beach, or water you should run as fast as fire especially when you you can't dance on it.
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by notoriousbabe: 11:38am On Jun 11, 2016
investnotspend:
May their soul Rest in perfect Peace . Amen
soulS

1 Like

Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by walignton01(m): 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2016
RIP to the dead,but I learnt that anybody that drowned in a river and he or she eventually die,must b bury beside d river not to cause d same calamities in d family but why cemetary

1 Like

Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by zumarock9(m): 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2016
acada111:

This is the most insensitive comment I've read today. Not cool dear
my bad i admite, very insensitive. Tnx for bein polite
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
Rip 2 dem
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by Nathkem01(m): 12:27pm On Jun 11, 2016
Their mama go b like........yeeeh! Na sch I send u wetin u dey find for private beach in lekki? c wat u hav done to yahself....

RIP
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 11, 2016
R.I.P but The sea cannot swallow who didn't step into it.
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by kingthreat(m): 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2016
MrMcJay:

When you go to beaches in other parts of the world, you'll be more enlightened than to put up your initial post. If you have water phobia, it's a different thing entirely.

Yeah right. I am so superstitious. By the way, what was that in the video below? Just a fish right? Perhaps made up too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3fBN8-CeUc
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by jayjes: 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2016
pendusky:

Please keep quiet, death can happen in any place at any given time....even in the so called swimming pool.
Rip.

Lord have mercy!

Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by Bamz(m): 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2016
MrMcJay:

This is why Africa remains eternally backward.

A beach is supposed to have lifebuoys, inflatable dinghies, emergency bells and sirens and at least one rescue helicopter in close proximity. This particular beach has none of these and you're talking of supernatural Forces. Is it "supernatural forces" that stopped the beach from having the requisite equipment? Keep deceiving yourself.

If we don't kill corruption, corruption will kill us.

I agree with you. But it doesn't hurt to know there are still supernatural forces :p
Re: Drowned Unilag Students Buried Amid Tears by SC31(f): 4:03pm On Jun 11, 2016
kingthreat:
When im on the beach, i am careful not to go towards the water as I am not a good swimmer. Many supernatural forces around there. Talk to lifeguards and other experienced people if you think I am joking
which lifeguard??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams / UNILAG Sacks Toyin Ogundipe As Vice Chancellor / Cute Mother Of Twins Studying For Her Exams (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.