Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,237 members, 7,860,524 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:04 PM

The Chosen Daily Devotional 11th June, 2016 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Chosen Daily Devotional 11th June, 2016 (287 Views)

Rccg Sunday School Manual(sunday, 11th June 2017) / See RCCG June 2016 Holy Ghost Service - Victorious Praise / The Six Catholic Seminarians To Be Buried On March 11th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Chosen Daily Devotional 11th June, 2016 by ChosenOnline: 5:37am On Jun 11, 2016
THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: SATURDAY, JUNE 11TH, 2016.

THEME: REMEMBER THE HEIGHT FROM WHICH YOU HAVE FALLEN

TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 10:12, Exodus 9:12-13
10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

9:12 And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had spoken unto Moses.

9:13 And the LORD said unto Moses, Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

MEMORY VERSE: "l know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. 3 You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. 4 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. 5 Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first." (Revelation 2:2-5)

Many of us at the beginning of this ministry were very zealous for the work and things of God, hated evil, never tolerated wicked people; gave concrete criticisms of people who were hypocritical, endured difficult situations, came early to church, gave offerings and paid tithes. However today, they cut a forlorn picture of what they were a decade ago. They hardly come to church early; they give many excuses ranging from business to family, they see wickedness going on around them and they turn their eyes the other way.

Are you like that? The Lord is telling you to take a look at the height which you had attained before falling and then repent so that all your efforts will not be in vain. Of course, grave danger awaits all those that fail to repent.

Sing a few praise/worship songs. Make a thanksgiving prayer and ask God for mercies and the forgiveness of sins. Thereafter, take the following prayer points.

Prayer Points:
In any way that I have fallen from grace to grass spiritually, O God, have mercy upon me and restore me, in Jesus' name.

2. Any power that has vowed that I will never make heaven, receive disappointment, in Jesus' name.

3. Every spirit of backsliding assigned to derail my salvation, come out and enter no more, in Jesus' name.

3. By the power and authority of the Holy Ghost, I return back to my former spiritual height. in Jesus' name.

AUTHOR : PST LAZARUS MUOKA

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Gospel... According To You? / od / Preaching And Sleeping Among Youth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.