Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Uche Jombo Steps Out With Her Son (photo) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo Steps Out With Her Son (photo) (24926 Views)

D'banj's Wife, Lineo Didi Kilgrow Carrying Their Son (Photo) / Chinedu Ikedieze 'Aki' Welcomes Son (Photo) / Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Jombo Steps Out With Her Son (photo) by AuroraB(f): 1:11pm On Jun 11, 2016
Spotted ko, Celeb sighting ni undecided
Re: Uche Jombo Steps Out With Her Son (photo) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 11, 2016
Originalsly:
Hmmm.....why is she not carrying her baby on her back? Hmmm...... turning her back on her culture... traditional and better way of carrying a baby.... while proudly taking up Oyimbo version of a baby carrier. African..but not proud.

I see what you mean but i don't think it has to do with not being proud of her roots. She lives in the US except when she is making a movie in Nigeria. They discourage carrying of babies on the back because you cannot see the baby and you may have little idea if the baby is at some risk while on the woman's back. This is why carrying the baby in front has become more popular. It has almost nothing to do with avoiding saggy boobs (The weight of the baby is still pressing on her chest).

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Steps Out With Her Son (photo) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2016
LesbianBoy:
This stoopid girl that hates nigerian men angry

Shes not stoopid.... If after series of failed relationships with nigerian men, cause most nija men nah to chop and waste babe time.. The next sensible thing is to go white mehn... No body has time to waste before menopause set in... One cannot be waiting for nija man forever..
She made a wise choice.. Bottom line: shes married, living with her husband and kid.. No be baby mama.. Simple!
Re: Uche Jombo Steps Out With Her Son (photo) by Kakamorufu(m): 3:13pm On Jun 11, 2016
LesbianBoy:
e dey happen
Re: Uche Jombo Steps Out With Her Son (photo) by userplainly(m): 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2016
floragregs:
who you sef epp?

who u ask?

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Steps Out With Her Son (photo) by Obienesarah: 8:46pm On Jun 11, 2016
LesbianBoy:
Say NO to HATE, one man's food is another man's poison.
Re: Uche Jombo Steps Out With Her Son (photo) by Originalsly: 9:18pm On Jun 11, 2016
Moberry:

I see what you mean but i don't think it has to do with not being proud of her roots. She lives in the US except when she is making a movie in Nigeria. They discourage carrying of babies on the back because you cannot see the baby and you may have little idea if the baby is at some risk while on the woman's back. This is why carrying the baby in front has become more popular. It has almost nothing to do with avoiding saggy boobs (The weight of the baby is still pressing on her chest).
Really?....who discourages carrying babies on the back?... most likely the manufacturers of the baby carrier to boost sales. Soooo many African women do carry their babies on their backs in the US.... even the ones who went to school and been living in the US for yearsss. Don't be surprised in 3 years time MJ walking her child with a leash like a dog....modern woman!
Re: Uche Jombo Steps Out With Her Son (photo) by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 12, 2016
Originalsly:
Really?....who discourages carrying babies on the back?... most likely the manufacturers of the baby carrier to boost sales. Soooo many African women do carry their babies on their backs in the US.... even the ones who went to school and been living in the US for yearsss. Don't be surprised in 3 years time MJ walking her child with a leash like a dog....modern woman!

I do not know about the US but in the UK i honestly have not seen a woman carrying a baby on her back. They may do it at home but not in public. Mostly the babies are in their front or in strollers. I personally preferred carrying a baby on my back until i heard the story of a woman whose wrapper unraveled while she was on a bike and her baby fell down (i think in Delta state). Since i heard about that incident, a fear has been instilled in me hence i do not see it as an abandonment of culture to carry a baby in front. Funny enough women here use leashes on their children to prevent them from wandering away, that is one step too far in my opinion, if i tried that, my mother would give me a resounding slap.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibrahim Magu's Rejection: 'I Just Dey Vex' - By Charly Boy - Must Read / WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening / Paul Okoye And His Twins In Adorable Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.