Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 (40780 Views)

Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers / Femi Adesina: When Petrol Went To N145 Under PMB, Nigerians Held Their Peace / Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 by dotun365: 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2016
Maisuya1:
I don't think sales droped because people still drive their cars, but smuggling across the northern boarders have droped as the profit margin is no more worth the risk
exactly.
Re: MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 by deco22(m): 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2016
chizobamgbume:
Bought new lanterns. This economy no be am.
lol. Latern is a beta alternative and the gen we bought last year has not bin utilised properly because im dy chop fuel lik fool

1 Like

Re: MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 by SensaGreene: 7:01pm On Jun 11, 2016
Well I only drive if the distance is short. If its a long distance and I calc the cost of pub transport as against fuel, I just follow pub transport.
Re: MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 by joseph5566: 7:02pm On Jun 11, 2016
we no go die in Jesus name
Re: MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 by realteejay: 7:25pm On Jun 11, 2016
Project400:
Fact remains that sales on rice and tomatoes have equally dropped. It doesn't mean people stopped eating, they simply changed their taste - from fresh tomatoes to pepper and onions; from parboiled rice to garri; from air conditioned SUV to keke; from kerosene to bamboo sticks and charcoal.

I do not think the new transition is worth celebrating. Reduction in PMS sales is not good for anyone. It is bad market to the CEO of gas stations, to the people, and to the government.

nah u sabi!
Re: MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 by Reference(m): 7:36pm On Jun 11, 2016
doingood:
No money to buy fuel. No light. Nigerian are use to managing their life anyhow, and some how.

Not totally true. Probably 5% due to productivity falls, but the rest due to a drop in smuggling. Thus is one major benefit of deregulation and internationalisation of domestic fuel prices. If it is near the prices in Niger, Benin, Chad and Cameroun it saves a huge chunk of our precious fx reserves.
Re: MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 by felifeli: 8:19pm On Jun 11, 2016
Maisuya1:
I don't think sales droped because people still drive their cars, but smuggling across the northern boarders have droped as the profit margin is no more worth the risk

Sales are monitored at petrol stations and not at the border of the country
Re: MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 by holaralph(m): 8:35pm On Jun 11, 2016
glossy6:

Maybe you use "I better pass my neighbour ". My gen will hardly use 1,500 fuel for 2 nights (8-10) undecided
........ What type of Generator set is that please....... It means that your Gen can eat fuel oooo
Re: MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 by holaralph(m): 8:48pm On Jun 11, 2016
Eyop:

If you have the big Gen that can power your refrigerator, I will suggest you use that if phcn does not supply power just to power your refrigerator and use the small gen for TV, Musical set, Fan and lights which I still will suggest energy saving bulbs. The last time i bought it was #42,000 and that was before the foreign exchange ish. But I guess it should be up to #55k now or more but you can Google John Holt and make your inquiry. They are located at kudirat abiola, Oregun Ikeja. But trust me, that Gen is super and you will have peace of mind compared to the substandard one.
.......... Could you please send that John Holt Gen picture and capacity to me please thank you so much Bro
Re: MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 by Eyop: 10:17pm On Jun 11, 2016
ASL33:
pls where can I buy this gem and how much?

You can contact John Holt Plc at Kudirat Abiola Oregun, Ikeja to make your inquiry.
Re: MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 by Eyop: 10:23pm On Jun 11, 2016
holaralph:
.......... Could you please send that John Holt Gen picture and capacity to me please thank you so much Bro

It seems they are out of stock on the Yamaha ET950 but the Capacity is about 0.78KVA but they currently have the air cooled type which is a 4 stroke engine and is equally good if not better and will serve the same purpose. Attached is the picture of the ET950 and the new one they have and it's the same Capacity which is less than 1KVA. The difference between the 2 is for the ET950,you mix engine oil with the Gasoline while the new one isn't like that. You can contact John Holt Plc and make your inquiries.

Re: MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 by persius555(m): 10:49pm On Jun 11, 2016
Give us 10 hours of light daily and see how many filling stations will pack up.

1 Like

Re: MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 by mark2sunny(m): 12:25am On Jun 12, 2016
Keneking:
Great

1. Low volume of circulation of money
2. Low attraction of diversion due to high cost
3. Drop in car purchase
4. Surge in demand for public transport system
5. Rise in sack of bank workers
6. Improved competition among retailers
7. Prioritisation of movement by road users
8. Ramadan period
9. Drop in corruption
10. Absence of subsidy payment
11. Confidence in APC govt to improve power shocked
You be mumu....
Re: MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 by chysam: 12:32am On Jun 12, 2016
Project400:
Fact remains that sales on rice and tomatoes have equally dropped. It doesn't mean people stopped eating, they simply changed their taste - from fresh tomatoes to pepper and onions; from parboiled rice to garri; from air conditioned SUV to keke; from kerosene to bamboo sticks and charcoal.

I do not think the new transition is worth celebrating. Reduction in PMS sales is not good for anyone. It is bad market to the CEO of gas stations, to the people, and to the government.

When shall wailers like you begin to celebrate good news favourable to the common man?
Re: MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 by notoriousbabe: 12:44am On Jun 12, 2016
Omo na legedis level we dey now o
Re: MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 by Project400: 2:36am On Jun 12, 2016
chysam:

When shall wailers like you begin to celebrate good news favourable to the common man?

I'm not a wailer; we're on Nairaland for a purpose - research, not politics.

1 Like

Re: MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 by oshiokpu(m): 9:33am On Jun 12, 2016
We now know our priorities.
Nice...the difference between the rich and the rest of the world is " what they know"
To be like the few rich, check my signature strictly if you have a business in the mentioned area.
Re: MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:42am On Jun 12, 2016
megainvest:
Of course. The volumes being smuggled out of the country have drastically reduced because the incentive has been removed.

Oboy, you are even better than these National Bureau of Statistics guys who were just spewing out some outlandish scenarios you will only expect to find in oyinbo settings - car sharing, shift to public transport etc. LOL I no fit shout. cheesy
Re: MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145 by glossy6(f): 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
holaralph:
........ What type of Generator set is that please....... It means that your Gen can eat fuel oooo

Thermocool 5KVA. I 've not used it since the price increase. Am not finding it funny at all. Before the price increase, it was using 1k which was about 11.5 litres, which translates to about 1,700 now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Nigeria States You Barely Hear About... / Announcement From Turkish Embassy Abuja Concerning IPOB / Jonathan Headlines Atiku’s Campaign In Bayelsa As South-south Drums Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.