Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,275 members, 7,957,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:44 PM

MTN Scam Trick. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Scam Trick. (858 Views)

New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read / The Mtn Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Scam Trick. by akagson: 1:11pm On Jun 11, 2016
MTN are fond of doing this thing. They are now tired of sending SMS messages. Now what they do is to now send you what I'll call a "flash message."
When the message comes into your phone, you'll only see an option of CANCEL or OK.

In a case where you use a touchscreen phone, there is chances that you'll unknowingly click on OK and boom, you've been subscribed to one useless service you never intended and your money subsequently deducted.

I have fallen a victim several times and it annoys me. What can I do about it?

See photo of what I'm talking about below.
Re: MTN Scam Trick. by akagson: 1:12pm On Jun 11, 2016
example

Re: MTN Scam Trick. by prinsam30: 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2016
simply go to Google Play, download truecaller, truedialler and truemessanger activate them and restrict unwanted messages
Re: MTN Scam Trick. by akagson: 3:24pm On Jun 11, 2016
prinsam30:
simply go to Google Play, download truecaller, truedialler and truemessanger activate them and restrict unwanted messages
But you understand that this is not a normal sms text right?
Re: MTN Scam Trick. by prinsam30: 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2016
akagson:
But you understand that this is not a normal sms text right?

yes I know just give it a try and thank me later
Re: MTN Scam Trick. by ican2020: 7:19pm On Jun 11, 2016
akagson:
MTN are fond of doing this thing. They are now tired of sending SMS messages. Now what they do is to now send you what I'll call a "flash message."
When the message comes into your phone, you'll only see an option of CANCEL or OK.

In a case where you use a touchscreen phone, there is chances that you'll unknowingly click on OK and boom, you've been subscribed to one useless service you never intended and your money subsequently deducted.

I have fallen a victim several times and it annoys me. What can I do about it?

See photo of what I'm talking about below.
I mistakenly click ok and I lost 50 naira to MTN but I have already retired the SIM card and MTN has lost one good customer
Re: MTN Scam Trick. by akagson: 8:28pm On Jun 11, 2016
ican2020:

I mistakenly click ok and I lost 50 naira to MTN but I have already retired the SIM card and MTN has lost one good customer
Aww. so no other solution?

(1) (Reply)

MTN At It / In Need Of Samsung Note 4 Euro(N910F or C) Or Lg G3 (D855) or LG G4 H815 / Thuraya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.