Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan (28052 Views)

NYSC 2016 Batch ‘B’ Online Registration For Orientation Course Notice / Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date, Says Corps Members Are Fasting / Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date, Says Corps Members Are Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
Arab nations who own the islam you use as your excuse all the time do participate in rigorous sports during Ramadan. You see the new date as an affront to your religious rights but you are simply lazy. Get off your assess and serve your damn country!

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by LovesonBlezz(m): 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
wen una muslim clueles president and DG were delaying d excercise..didnt they knw it myt amnt to this? am personally happy camping stil holds as planned...make una feel d heat so that by 2019 u will vote them again.. nonsense!

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by rajwas(m): 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
I believe most of the people that constituted the body that fixed that date are either xtian or brainless Muslims or some sort of animalistic ideologist. why do some people wicked like this? NYSC in Ramadan!!! useless people....
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Deen77: 4:23pm On Jun 11, 2016
Mopolchi:
This country is more tribalistic and overtly fanatical.

Am a Muslim, this is nonsense. Christians this Muslim that, Igbo this Yoruba that and Hausa this, nawa for this country.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by bolafex(f): 4:25pm On Jun 11, 2016
How did we get here for pete's sake? Postponing camping because of Ramadan? This rubbish has to stop abeg.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Joel3(m): 4:25pm On Jun 11, 2016
and to think of it I am sharing the same country with this cannibals... Kaduna state government didn't short down schools during Christian ester day.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by pattyphil(f): 4:28pm On Jun 11, 2016
na wa oo. This is nt an islamic country nau. Why use ur islamic raggae to spoil other religion's blues. If u are nt comfortable tell ur pple to wait for d nxt batch. To serve naija is nt by force. No be only una dey dis country oooooooooooooooooooo.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by stefan388: 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2016
If there are any persons who say I am not fed up, na lie. Even if you are grandchild still living to those who gave us independence and fuether joined us together as one country called Nigeria, you will never sleep with your two eyes closed. Whether you are old or not and you participated in this joining, no matter how deep the night is, you will remain awake. Today muslem and Islam, tommorrow muslem and Islam, wetin?
If he nor favour us, it is against our religion. Our religiom does not allow it etc. Wetin?
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by yakbauer: 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2016
This democracy sef, is this year the first time Muslims have fasted on camp, I wonder why this year's one is an issue, I was on camp in Aug 2008, which was the first time Muslims fasted on camp (I stand to b corrected), and we didn't have this kind of issue, it went smoothly, different states had diff means of adjusting to meal timetables.
I did not miss any activity on camp, in fact I participated in the drill competition and my platoon won, with all.of this I never missed any prayer, coz with or without Ramadan Muslims must be allowed to pray, so what's with all the fuzz. It's really beginning to piss me off that everything has to be either religious or ethnic based.
FYI for I am a Muslim from the north and I served in Ebonyi state. Was in constant communication with friends in diff camps around d country and none had any issue.
It's in spirit of democracy that NYSC is even responding to issues like these they consider sensitive.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Sunnah1(m): 4:32pm On Jun 11, 2016
Is it stipulated in the Bible to fast for 100 consecutive day? fake fasting, period.
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by funkybully(f): 4:33pm On Jun 11, 2016
Idiaats! When Christians observed Lent, were corpers not in camp? Mumuslims

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by oloriooko(m): 4:34pm On Jun 11, 2016
I do not agree with the group kicking against the date rather they should PLEAD with NYSC to kindly consider fasting muslims perhaps make the orientation shorter and less rigorous.
The idea of an outright cancellation is preposterous

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by remexy(f): 4:34pm On Jun 11, 2016
Nigeria wants to become a joke internationally. We are not a Muslim country!! Neither are we Christian. Serve ur God on ur own!!! U cannot say it is 'illegal, unlawful and unconstitutional' for government agencies to fix and run its activities... the muslim groul can plead for understanding of NYSC... not dis rubbish. Dis is how u sow bad seeds in peoples mind. SLOW BRAINS!!

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by isaacmarshal07: 4:34pm On Jun 11, 2016
Very disgusting religion - as far as I'm concern the nation is been ruled by a Moslem - for this protest not to take effect, Christians need to also protest, or are they scared of fear of the unknown??

P.s- we shouldn't allow one religion to dictate for us in Nigeria, for God sake where is the civilization we claiming to have?? Smh

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by babajeje123(m): 4:37pm On Jun 11, 2016
These people just like raising dust unnecessarily. They always want to have their way to the detriment of others. Why would you say orientation for corps members should be postponed because you are fasting? You what to hold a whole country to ransom became of your religion? You want to impede the progress of others because of your personal belief? I think it is high time we make a clear distinction between governance & religion in Nigeria. Under no condition should a religion should be given preferential treatment in Nigeria. Nigeria is a secular state. She belongs to no religion.
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by AnaCheks(m): 4:40pm On Jun 11, 2016
TO SERVE NIGERIA IS NOT BY FORCE NA, Haba
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Sunnah1(m): 4:41pm On Jun 11, 2016
Deen77:

Am a Muslim, this is nonsense. Christians this Muslim that, Igbo this Yoruba that and Hausa this, nawa for this country.
As a Muslim, do you fast? If yes, have you ever been to NYSC orientation camp for at least 14 days? If yes, how on earth can you cope with camp programme and fasting? Bros, Pls try reason well
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Charles4075(m): 4:42pm On Jun 11, 2016
watered:
Useless people! Fasting to learn how to behead people abi? Basta.rds!!! In.fidels calling people same. I've blasphemed send your demons to come behead me. Idi.ots.

If you like ban me I don't care.
My brother, these people go use gps track you ohhh.. E be like say you nor like that your big head abi
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by babajeje123(m): 4:43pm On Jun 11, 2016
yakbauer:
This democracy sef, is this year the first time Muslims have fasted on camp, I wonder why this year's one is an issue, I was on camp in Aug 2008, which was the first time Muslims fasted on camp (I stand to b corrected), and we didn't have this kind of issue, it went smoothly, different states had diff means of adjusting to meal timetables.
I did not miss any activity on camp, in fact I participated in the drill competition and my platoon won, with all.of this I never missed any prayer, coz with or without Ramadan Muslims must be allowed to pray, so what's with all the fuzz. It's really beginning to piss me off that everything has to be either religious or ethnic based.
FYI for I am a Muslim from the north and I served in Ebonyi state. Was in constant communication with friends in diff camps around d country and none had any issue.
It's in spirit of democracy that NYSC is even responding to issues like these they consider sensitive.
God bless you bro. I also served in Bauchi in 2008. Muslims participated very well in camp activities. Those that were not willing were excused. The only thing was that they were not allowed to go to the hostels. They could only be on field watching or mosque praying. In fact, they were well treated as none of them complain. We need to start talking sense into the brains of extremists in our religions.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by olalekan2013(m): 4:46pm On Jun 11, 2016
[quote author=booqee post=46476749]The Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, have released a statement rejecting the June 13th date fixed for the NYSC Batch A (Stream II) orientation course, arguing that the Muslim graduates expected to participate in the orientation will be fasting as the date clashes with their Ramadan fasting. The group argues that it would be very strenuous for Muslims to be fasting and also participate in the challenges task set for them during their orientation camp.

The statement reads in part
“It is illegal, unlawful and unconstitutional for NYSC to hold camp at a time when its Muslim members will be deprived of their freedom of worship and the liberty to practice their creed without fear. This planned camp is exclusive, discriminatory and parochial. We do not want to believe that the shift was deliberately planned to coincide with the Ramadan season with a view to excluding prospective Muslim corpers. MURIC is not trying to indulge Muslim youths. Fasting is no joke and it certainly cannot be combined with the physical challenges which characterize the NYSC camp.
Firstly, morning drills in NYSC camps are known to be rigorous and the soldiers in charge will not take excuses. Dehydration sets in later in the day particularly in the hotter regions of Nigeria.
Secondly, adequate sahuur (early morning meal taken approximately between 4 am and 5.15 am) cannot be guaranteed in the NYSC camp. Neither can the futuur (meal taken at sunset to break fast ) be timely as camp schedules are bound to ignore and subsume this very important period.
Thirdly, attending orientation camp and partaking in the energy-sapping activities on empty stomach is an indubitable invitation to health crisis. NYSC may therefore be inviting Muslim corpers to step on landmines in the planned orientation camp if it holds as presently scheduled.
There is more to Ramadan than ordinary fasting. That is on the surface. The whole month of Ramadan is a period of spiritual dedication. There are so many other spiritual exercises in which Muslims engage, the tafsiir (exegesis of the Qur’an) session, the taraawih (late evening supererogatory prayers) and nawaafil (night supererogatory prayers). Only the deep can call to the deep. All these cannot be possible in the NYSC camp.”the statement read

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/205027-muslim-group-rejects-new-nysc-date-says-corps-members-fasting.html

[img]http://media.premiumtimesng.com/wp-content/files/20 if NYsc can free Muslim corp member with the activities on camp. In this period of Ramadan muslim member can't fully participate. Because of different in nature.
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by keryj(f): 4:48pm On Jun 11, 2016
Joel3:
and to think of it I am sharing the same country with this cannibals... Kaduna state government didn't short down schools during Christian ester day.
Not just kaduna, likewise kebbi state, Zamfara state and kano state respectively.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Toscoas2(m): 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2016
I am waiting for federal government decision on this matter, that decision, will help my judgement whether Buhari has already islamaticed Nigeria, as earlier purported before election.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by babajeje123(m): 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2016
Sunnah1:

As a Muslim, do you fast? If yes, have you ever been to NYSC orientation camp for at least 14 days? If yes, how on earth can you cope with camp programme and fasting? Bros, Pls try reason well
Bro, let's allow peace to reign. I served in Bauchi state in August 2008 & it was during Ramadan. Camp activities were optional as nobody was forced to participate. And FYI, a lot of Muslims participated & nobody complained. The earlier we stop holding this country to ransom using religious belief the better.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by saintdennis(m): 4:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
ollah1:
Nonsense. First class nonsense. Would they also reject schools from conducting exams for students cos of ramadan? Reject date set for sporting activities to be carried out cos of ramadan? I'm a Muslim but this is a compete bullcrap.

If they aren't strong enough to fast, they shouldn't. Nobody is fasting for anybody but him/herself.

Utter crap

I'm a xtian and YES the muslims have a right to voice their displeasure! This is a democracy!

Now that they have expressed their opinion...they should go and sleep.

Those who wanna fast will go with the next batch. Simple.

They cannot make xtians wait for them to finish fasting.

If nysc postpones the scheduled orientation exercise then i'll jump on the 'islamisation' train.

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by CypherAde(m): 4:52pm On Jun 11, 2016
With all due respect respect, why must this muslim peeps always make otheers see their religion as been practiced by troublesome people. The last time I checked, this is not the first time the christains will be fasting during camping now, why must you guys always bring out an Issue out of nothing kwanu?? Abeg, Sie ba por

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by kay4dem(m): 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2016
booqee:
The Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, have released a statement rejecting the June 13th date fixed for the NYSC Batch A (Stream II) orientation course, arguing that the Muslim graduates expected to participate in the orientation will be fasting as the date clashes with their Ramadan fasting. The group argues that it would be very strenuous for Muslims to be fasting and also participate in the challenges task set for them during their orientation camp.

The statement reads in part
“It is illegal, unlawful and unconstitutional for NYSC to hold camp at a time when its Muslim members will be deprived of their freedom of worship and the liberty to practice their creed without fear. This planned camp is exclusive, discriminatory and parochial. We do not want to believe that the shift was deliberately planned to coincide with the Ramadan season with a view to excluding prospective Muslim corpers. MURIC is not trying to indulge Muslim youths. Fasting is no joke and it certainly cannot be combined with the physical challenges which characterize the NYSC camp.
Firstly, morning drills in NYSC camps are known to be rigorous and the soldiers in charge will not take excuses. Dehydration sets in later in the day particularly in the hotter regions of Nigeria.
Secondly, adequate sahuur (early morning meal taken approximately between 4 am and 5.15 am) cannot be guaranteed in the NYSC camp. Neither can the futuur (meal taken at sunset to break fast ) be timely as camp schedules are bound to ignore and subsume this very important period.
Thirdly, attending orientation camp and partaking in the energy-sapping activities on empty stomach is an indubitable invitation to health crisis. NYSC may therefore be inviting Muslim corpers to step on landmines in the planned orientation camp if it holds as presently scheduled.
There is more to Ramadan than ordinary fasting. That is on the surface. The whole month of Ramadan is a period of spiritual dedication. There are so many other spiritual exercises in which Muslims engage, the tafsiir (exegesis of the Qur’an) session, the taraawih (late evening supererogatory prayers) and nawaafil (night supererogatory prayers). Only the deep can call to the deep. All these cannot be possible in the NYSC camp.”the statement read

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/205027-muslim-group-rejects-new-nysc-date-says-corps-members-fasting.html

Who Muslim help

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by cococandy(f): 4:54pm On Jun 11, 2016
These folks are getting more and more annoying as each day passes.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by iliasaa(m): 4:55pm On Jun 11, 2016
If u like hate it, if u like turn back eye to the plight of Muslims, when we feel cheated we will talk. How will it be possible to fast with the training or drilling schedule in camp? Why is it the those in power never consider the feelings of Muslims when scheduling time table that will affect Muslims? And when Muslims voice out the root cause will not be ironed out rather they will still blame Muslims for speaking out
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Exponental(m): 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2016
Exemption letter is legit for crying out loud!

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by babajeje123(m): 5:00pm On Jun 11, 2016
I don't understand why a country should be held to ransom because of a religion.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Engrobiorah(m): 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2016
Sunnah1:

Last year batch A stream 2 also occured during ramadan fasting. I was there

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NYSC 2017 Batch A: Important Changes For Prospective Corp Members / Corps Member Gifted ₦1M For Dance Passion (Pics, Video) / Unical Graduate Who Died While Serving In Ebonyi State Buried Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.